• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xdcx JDM EP3

sweet looking jdm fella, wish i could find a free weekend to get some much needed detailing in before the weather gets even worse

Thansk dude :) I had to take holidays from work just to get the time to do it! Better be quick if you want to get yours done, I was in snow last night!!

Nice motor. Did you use the Bilberry neat as that's a very funny shade :confused:

Cheers :) Well, yeah. funny story. I had some mixed up with water in a old Megs Hot Rims bottle. I run out and the Mrs had given me an old 1 litre Billberry bottle since we keep the 5litre bottle at hers. I assumed she mixed it when doing that so when I used I realised it was not diluted with water at all haha. Works a treat though :p

:lol: must of timed it right taking your holidays when you did, doesnt either just rain or snow in scotland :D.

haha, you wouldn't be far wrong there! I got 3 days of dry somehow and garaged it on the nights as it did rain. Snow is not far off though :(

Like it.

What's next for the car? :)

Thanks James. I have a top secret gathering of parts building up to go on after the winter. J's Racing, Buddyclub and Carbing stuff ;)

OEM grille would look :cool: on this, funnily enough - I could swap you mine for that. :p

I had a dude on CTRO offer me the trade as well. I just don't know what to do!! I like it because it's different and go between preferring the OEM front and the Mugen front, ARGH. It's either OEM front or get a Mugen splitter and have a Mugen front end. Can't decide >.<

haha, you wouldn't be far wrong there! I got 3 days of dry somehow and garaged it on the nights as it did rain. Snow is not far off though :(

thats the one thing i'm shatting myself on is the snow, snow + ice = salt :evil:. might have to invest in a little banger for the winter months.

thats the one thing i'm shatting myself on is the snow, snow + ice = salt :evil:. might have to invest in a little banger for the winter months.

Yeah, the salt is a real killer. Freshly undersealed and a really good detail before winter will make sure the paint work and car will be fine over the bad weather and road conditions though.

As for mines, I just got a new job where I can maybe use public transport every day. I absolutely hate public transport but if it keeps mileage, and general wear on the JDM down, then I am all for it. I already feel the UK roads ruin our cars as is, in winter those thoughts are even worse for me, makes me sad.

Everything that's been done to the car:

- Tie rod ends replaced with new fresh OEM babies.
- New drive shaft boot as original had split.
- New near side front drop link as bust (will replace other after pay day)
- BEST MOD EVER - driveshaft heatshield taken the F*CK off and rattle gone!
- Valve clearances done.
- D2 lower control arms fitted (not one for cheap ***** mods, but got these for barely anything thanks to my mate Aldo so got them fitted and have read they are fine anyway compared to their camber arms and coilies)
- Beaks Tie Bar fitted.
- OEM rear ARB bushes replaced with SuperPro poly bushes.
- Front control arm OEM bushes replaced with SuperPro poly bushes. Castor adjustment ftw :wink:
- Buddyclub P1 Racing roll centre adjusters fitted
- Buddyclub P1 Racing rear camber arms fitted
- Buddyclub N+ coilovers fitted
- Full geometry setup

Some pictures of how the car sits now and picture of the rear with the LCA's and tie bar:

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0258.jpg

DSCF0262.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0261.jpg

The car is now like a go-kart, honestly. It's effortless awesome handling. The steering feels so much better with the SuperPro poly bushes. Stevie did say before I went down that the castor adjustment made a huge difference over OEM steering feel as the EP3 I think is a little vague and lifeless. Regardless of speed or corner type, the steering just feels more solid and steady even at high speeds. It's hard to explain but feels so much better.

The car is alot stiffer now, just feels all round much more planted. The only bad thing I can see is that I got alot done at once, so I can't see what difference exactly specific things make. Like the RCA's and poly bushes, if I had both fitted 6 months apart I could say differences each make, but having it all done at once. All I can say is that it works awesome together and the car is ridiculous in bends now :-D

Now, geo specs :twisted:

Front:
Camber = -1.8 degrees
Toe = 1.0mm Total Toe Out (0.5mm per side)

Rear = -1.0 degrees
Toe = 1.0mm Total Toe in (0.5mm per side)

Haven't updated here for a while because I suck :(

The JDM h8 bandwagon is all but full up now, meaning no room for a JDM ricer noobfag like me. A shame really, but it just means I can provide you all with awesome posts like this and keep you constantly updated on progress with my motor vehicle.

So here we have a few pictures I took when we went on a run to Lochinver. This is a small town on the North West coast of Scotland, it’s north of Ullapool. If you ask a lot of people they will tell you the Ullapool to Durness road via Lochinver is the ultimate driving road in all of the UK. This time round we only went as far north as Lochinver so that we could save the rest of the awesome road until proper summer and take it all the way to Durness. Google street view the road “A835” north of the town called Ullapool and you will see how cool it is…..

DSCF0340.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

DSCF0338.jpg

Now onto the part that everyone will love and not find geeky at all. I done some research with the help from Alexi who writes the Noriyaro blog (http://www.noriyaro.com, you should check it out). His Japanese reading skills are obviously better than mine, in the sense he can actually read it and I can’t. So using all the documentation I have for the car we managed to find out where the car was bought, serviced, where it lived, who owned it and even where it went for new tyres!! So here is some of that info in case 1 person in the entire world other than me gives a sh*t:

This is the area in Japan where my car used to live (Kumamoto) –
Area.jpg

This is the Honda dealer where the JDM dude bought it brand new, and where it had all of its servicing done -
Dealer.jpg

The dealers website –
http://www.hondacars-kumamoto.co.jp/home/066_sr04.html

And this is where it went twice in its time over there to be fitted with new RE040 Potz -
Shop.jpg

Domo Arigato

Impressive background research! I spent a bit of time looking at the area my car came from which I found through the export documentation. JDM geekery ftw :D

Nice JDM and some great pics there bud. Especially liking the Mugen grille, which i think looks so good on prefacelift cars without the Mugen lower lip.;)

Nice JDM and some great pics there bud. Especially liking the Mugen grille, which i think looks so good on prefacelift cars without the Mugen lower lip.;)

Thanks dude. Mugen grille is definitely marmite. Lots of people tell me I should replace it with OEM but I'd just rather spend the money and hassle on other stuff to be honest :)

Impressive background research! I spent a bit of time looking at the area my car came from which I found through the export documentation. JDM geekery ftw :D

Sorry, missed your post! I have export stuff but all I could make out from it was Kanda, the port it was shipped from. I needed help to get anything else from all the documents, funnily enough from an Australian living in Tokyo! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back