• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

xdcx JDM EP3

Awesome pictures there fella and a great looking car :D .

I'd love to have a bash on those roads.

Man we are following eachother around here.. You took pictures at the same place i took pics of my Teg at the other month on the way to Aberdeen, and now you visit Applecross which is where i'm planning going in the next few weeks!Never been before but i get a throbber when looking at pics, looks amazing those roads, is it single track then?You should come for another blast when i go, i'll see if my mate can come in his CW EK9! Just need a JDM DC2 to complete the bunch!!

:lol: Great minds think alike man :D OK, the Baelach road is ALL single track. Try to get over it as early as possible for a good run on that actual road and the surrounding awesome roads. This will sound extreme, but if you are in the Applecross area at 6-7am it will honestly be worth the early get out of bed. Trust me!

I am thinking about organising a run to Durness via Ullapool next month! There is already a boy with an FD2 from Type R Scotland wanting to go, do you want to come? No dates yet but it will be early rise to avoid the tourists. Would be awesome if you joined us. DC5, EP3, FD2 and your mate with EK9 and that would be well good :D

Awesome pictures there fella and a great looking car :D .

I'd love to have a bash on those roads.

Thanks dude :D

Dean, what's the Mugen like on daily/town driving?

I only use the car like once a month :lol: But I've driven it back and forth to central belt a few times which is 150 miles on national limit/dual carriageways. It's perfectly fine, when driving normal it is no louder than OEM. Just has a nicer tone when accelerating, doesn't really get loud until after 4.5k revs.

The only thing I would say, is that sitting at a steady 85-90, it drones ever so slightly, nothing compared to Spoon like I had before.

IMO, perfect exhaust. It's an awesome lookign tailpipe, OEM sound down low and sounds amazing when giving it some :D

:lol: Great minds think alike man :D OK, the Baelach road is ALL single track. Try to get over it as early as possible for a good run on that actual road and the surrounding awesome roads. This will sound extreme, but if you are in the Applecross area at 6-7am it will honestly be worth the early get out of bed. Trust me!

I am thinking about organising a run to Durness via Ullapool next month! There is already a boy with an FD2 from Type R Scotland wanting to go, do you want to come? No dates yet but it will be early rise to avoid the tourists. Would be awesome if you joined us. DC5, EP3, FD2 and your mate with EK9 and that would be well good :D

Yeah i'd probably be up for that would it be on a Saturday/Sunday aye?

I'll maybe go to Applecross another time if you're planning the Durness run!

Is the FD2 championship white aswell? :twisted:

Yeah i'd probably be up for that would it be on a Saturday/Sunday aye?

I'll maybe go to Applecross another time if you're planning the Durness run!

Is the FD2 championship white aswell? :twisted:

No, it's blue :( boooooo :lol:

It'll be a Saturday or a Sunday, yeah, whichever suits everyone. I'll give you a shout man, will be awesome :)

Do they fit DC5 or are they different?

Just be the same as any other exhaust between EP-DC, b pipe will be the same but the b box on the DC5 version will be a bit longer. So nah, the EP one won't fit, would need to be the specific DC5 one.

So.... I have a Mugen Twinloop. And this -

IMG-20110901-00105.jpg

IMG-20110901-00106.jpg

IMG-20110901-00108.jpg

:lol:

looks great.... i really like the grill! much nicer than the UK spec one imo

silly question but... why do people hate the JDMness? it's confuddled me a bit that being a MG geek lol

looks great.... i really like the grill! much nicer than the UK spec one imo

silly question but... why do people hate the JDMness? it's confuddled me a bit that being a MG geek lol

Thanks man. As above it's a Mugen grill :)

I think people hate the whole elitest and stuck up'ness of people who only want to buy JDM parts instead of cheap or knock off rubbish. I'm not fussed about all the hating, I just REALLY enjoy winding people up and watching them get angry about it all like it actually matters :lol:

Now, having read this from start to finish, I'm afraid that nothing in your life other than letting me see this on the 12th May matters :lol:

Oh, and Applecross looks beyond fantastic! :twisted: Other half saw the pictures and told me that if I kill her, she will come back and haunt me for all eternity haha.

Now, having read this from start to finish, I'm afraid that nothing in your life other than letting me see this on the 12th May matters :lol:

Oh, and Applecross looks beyond fantastic! :twisted: Other half saw the pictures and told me that if I kill her, she will come back and haunt me for all eternity haha.

:( Just booked Font Romeu from 5th - 19th May :lol: Sorry dude. I was wanting to se/hear your car as well. Sucks.

I'll still help out with routes for your run with sickly and that though as I've done them all. Applecross and surrounding areas is amazing, you will absolutely love it.

Ah that sucks, from the perspective of not seeing and hearing the 70RR; but I'll try and get some videos for you to watch so you can pretend that you were there. :lol: :smt023

And judging from the pictures in your thread, I completely agree with you, I'm sure I'll absolutely love it! Have a good time in Font Romeu, are you a skier or a boarder? I'm a boarder myself, but have tried skiing. (I presume you're going during the snow season anyway lol)...

Ah that sucks, from the perspective of not seeing and hearing the 70RR; but I'll try and get some videos for you to watch so you can pretend that you were there. :lol: :smt023

And judging from the pictures in your thread, I completely agree with you, I'm sure I'll absolutely love it! Have a good time in Font Romeu, are you a skier or a boarder? I'm a boarder myself, but have tried skiing. (I presume you're going during the snow season anyway lol)...

Videos would be good man. I'm pretty gutted I won't be going with you lot but at the same time, once I get to FR I don't think it'll be much comparison.

Snow season can FOAD. It better be hella warm by May!! I am neither a boarder or skier, I'm a runner :lol: 15 days training at altitude for me, getting away from the everyday life to spend solid 2 weeks doing nothing but training which will hopefully give me a big boost :) We were wanting to go on holiday anyway, FR means we can go to Barcelona a couple times and go somewhere that isn't the norm during summer months so it'll be a great destination for everything I think.

See, I haven't been snowboarding for a good few years so am completely out of sync with the snow seasons :lol: I used to like long distance running in school, but never kept it up, and it would probably kill me if I attempted anything like that these days. Sounds like a nice break, with the added bonus of being able to train. Do you compete? Or is it just a serious hobby?

Back