• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

You Jay's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

Sorry mate, but a fake gruppe m and a spoon exhaust does not equal 225bhp!

Also, 145whp is not equivalent to 225flyhp either....

Re: 4kas's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

To be fair every set of rollers are different. How it fares compared to other cars on the same rollers is a better comparison.

I was a gnat's whisker off 200 whp at TDi-North on Saturday with my mods, 256 at the fly. A similarly modded FD2 pulled 262 at the fly but with over 215 whp. Similar torque though.

No doubt we'd be different again on that dyno, but I was happy I was pulling similar power to the FD2. Even though it puts more to the wheels, so would undoubtedly be quicker on the road, it was good to compare it to other cars.

There were unmapped cars on Saturday pulling 220s and mapped cars pulling 225s. Granted the mapped car was running uber rich and should have done more, but some cars are surprising what they put out.

My first rolling road day so I don't have a clue about the graph.

For me 200 Standard is enough, so I didn't really expect that much, I just want to see if that TegM and Spoon catback will give more horses without a remap, but it went 225, some other guys had 228-230 without k100/remap.

Love the yellow H on the wheels car looks ace bud.

Thanks mate!

Sorry mate, but a fake gruppe m and a spoon exhaust does not equal 225bhp!

Also, 145whp is not equivalent to 225flyhp either....

I know mate that is why I've asked Loxy about this and been told it looks legit.

I didn't expect much, I was expecting 205-210 but it went 225 which made me :eek: and afterwards :confused:

To be fair every set of rollers are different. How it fares compared to other cars on the same rollers is a better comparison.

I was a gnat's whisker off 200 whp at TDi-North on Saturday with my mods, 256 at the fly. A similarly modded FD2 pulled 262 at the fly but with over 215 whp. Similar torque though.

No doubt we'd be different again on that dyno, but I was happy I was pulling similar power to the FD2. Even though it puts more to the wheels, so would undoubtedly be quicker on the road, it was good to compare it to other cars.

There were unmapped cars on Saturday pulling 220s and mapped cars pulling 225s. Granted the mapped car was running uber rich and should have done more, but some cars are surprising what they put out.

Cheers buddy.

4kas's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

Lol, dynos can be adjusted to read whatever you want.

There's no way it'll make that power from those mods.

Lol, dynos can be adjusted to read whatever you want.

There's no way it'll make that power from those mods.

I know mate, that's what I thought, their dyno thing reads abit high.

197bhp standard is enough for me anyway!

Cheers for the input guys! :)

Tried doing my centre console and door handles.

Not bad for a first timer. :D

spoon-1.jpg

My plan next week is to clean the engine bay and put some more blings! :)

4kas's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

Is that paint or vinyl? I thought it was paint then noticed the hair dryer now I'm not sure.

Scrap that. I see its paint now. Looks good.

Really interesting to read through the progess chap, the car is coming along very nicely indeed with some very unique touches here and there :D

That's superb with the graph too, but I agree with Loxy how every set of rollers is different..... I've had several cars on rolling roads, but this is the best example; My old old stage 1 Series 2 RS Turbo only had -31 actuator, panel filter, chip, bleed valve and magnex exhaust and made 185bhp on one set of rollers on a very cold day and 162bhp on another set. Standard power was 132bhp approx, stage 1 is normally 160 ish bhp so the 185 bhp was quite a surprise too and gave me car of the day in the rolling road report in Fast Ford magazine lol! That was back in 2006!

As long as you happy with the car, that's all that matters and as said, even standard power is excellent in a Type-R :smt023

Is that paint or vinyl? I thought it was paint then noticed the hair dryer now I'm not sure.

Scrap that. I see its paint now. Looks good.

I've used spray paint. The dryer helped me alot to put another coat! :)

Really interesting to read through the progess chap, the car is coming along very nicely indeed with some very unique touches here and there :D

That's superb with the graph too, but I agree with Loxy how every set of rollers is different..... I've had several cars on rolling roads, but this is the best example; My old old stage 1 Series 2 RS Turbo only had -31 actuator, panel filter, chip, bleed valve and magnex exhaust and made 185bhp on one set of rollers on a very cold day and 162bhp on another set. Standard power was 132bhp approx, stage 1 is normally 160 ish bhp so the 185 bhp was quite a surprise too and gave me car of the day in the rolling road report in Fast Ford magazine lol! That was back in 2006!

As long as you happy with the car, that's all that matters and as said, even standard power is excellent in a Type-R :smt023

Cheers buddy!

I agree with that dyno thing!

197bhp standard is already fast for me! :D

Refurbing my wheels today!

Got my consoles, dash painted in yellow.

Pictures will be up soon, once our connection is back.

The bonnet does look good! I'm difinately going to have a stab at this myself as my bonnet is covered in dirty great stone chips! How long has the wrap been on buddy? Any signs of lifting or peeling?

Back