• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your thoughts

Your thoughts on the civic coupe 1.7 vtec going to buy another Honda soon and seen these cheap as car will be used on track now and again. Are these reliable as good as k20 engines as had an ep3 type r awhile ago and engine was so good

Many thanks
Mike

P.s. sorry if this is in wrong section

Atr is also a great car for what your thinking, not as nippy as the ep3 though as is a larger car, but great spec.

Had a couple in the past, my brothers currently got one now thats just got an induction kit, and an upgraded exhaust, (not sure about the make), but are quick enough, its a 2.2 engine, other thing is the vtec kicks in a little later than the ep3, but heres a picture of my very first atr.( dont need much tuning).:mad: Never done more than induction kit with them for the sound but I do think you could tweek them up like all other motors.

Attachments

• Atr firs.jpg
    Atr firs.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Atr 14 3 11.jpg
    Atr 14 3 11.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Atr 14.03.10.jpg
    Atr 14.03.10.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 19
B-series ain't that tuneable. The B16B, and B18C (Type-R engnes) are practically maxed out the factory - got to lash money on stage 2 (cams/headwork) mods really to see decent results. Bolt on's do nothing for the B-series.

K20's > B-series for tuning.
B > K - for engine characteristics.

That's just me though.

B-series ain't that tuneable. The B16B, and B18C (Type-R engnes) are practically maxed out the factory - got to lash money on stage 2 (cams/headwork) mods really to see decent results. Bolt on's do nothing for the B-series.

K20's > B-series for tuning.
B > K - for engine characteristics.

That's just me though.

All Type R engines are in a high state of tune from the factory. Serious K series tuning costs a lot of ££££. The 2nd market for B series parts is bigger

And there are more parts available for the B series then the H series engines

All Type R engines are in a high state of tune from the factory. Serious K series tuning costs a lot of ££££. The 2nd market for B series parts is bigger

And there are more parts available for the B series then the H series engines

B moreso than K (maxed out from factory).

K-series costs alot. So does B - infact N/A tuning full-stop.

Second hand market is thriving for both. We weren't talking about that though. We were talking about the engine series with most tuning potential, and K-series most certainly is the more potent in this regard, over B-series it is anyway. IMO.

I'm afraid I do not have much experience with the H-series.

B moreso than K (maxed out from factory).

K-series costs alot. So does B - infact N/A tuning full-stop.

Second hand market is thriving for both. We weren't talking about that though. We were talking about the engine series with most tuning potential, and K-series most certainly is the more potent in this regard, over B-series it is anyway. IMO.

I'm afraid I do not have much experience with the H-series.

I going to research h-series

Back