• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I see a few eventuris now out in the wild, anyone on here with one care to give a little review of it?

We all have our opinions though and this is just mine, no need for softies to get triggered by it :)

Not triggered here in the slightest.

The fk8 for me is the best of the bunch out of the many type R’s I’ve owned , and I have been to town with most of them.

My order of preference.

Fk8
Fk2

(You can do what you want with the below and it won’t match the above in terms of outright pace, and don’t mention Kpro and a gruppe m in a counter argument...)

FD2
DC5
EP3
FN2 - easily the most uninspiring and dullest of the lot.

For me it deserves all the praise it gets. The accolades it has won are testament to this.

I’m even on my second one as the first turned out to be one that caused me some issues (early production example) and the new one so far has been as good as gold.

Oh and Matt Neal just broke the FWD record around Silverstone in it.

8a11165dfc3eea43f5173cbc2f377cd0.png

The previous two drivers also broke records at the respective circuits and no doubt Jenson Button will do the same at the Hungaroring.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civic-type-r/challenge.html

Not triggered here in the slightest.

The fk8 for me is the best of the bunch out of the many type R’s I’ve owned , and I have been to town with most of them.

My order of preference.

Fk8
Fk2

(You can do what you want with the below and it won’t match the above in terms of outright pace, and don’t mention Kpro and a gruppe m in a counter argument...)

FD2
DC5
EP3
FN2 - easily the most uninspiring and dullest of the lot.

For me it deserves all the praise it gets. The accolades it has won are testament to this.

I’m even on my second one as the first turned out to be one that caused me some issues (early production example) and the new one so far has been as good as gold.

I think you're on the ball with that line up, I've had the same cars myself plus a couple of other type Rs, e.g. dc2,ek9, cl7 accord so would add them in but the top 4 I wouldn't change, yet people seem to still give hate to the fk8 over its looks and say it's not a real type r due to not being NA. I'm based in ireland and perhaps the dark ages at times as people see an eg6 or ek9 as a better car, but neither are in a million years. Granted most people wouldn't have driven an Fk8 but it really opened my eyes up getting it over some twisty mountain roads recently it really showed the potential of the car.

X2 On the parts fitted any feedback?

Times for comparison (as i have them saved on my phone).

FK2 Spa Francorchamps: 2:56.91
FK8 Spa Francorchamps: 2:53.72
3.19 seconds quicker.

FK2 Silverstone: 2:31.85
FK8 Silverstone: 2:31.32
0.53 seconds quicker :smt047

FK2 Estoril: 2.04.08
FK8 Estoril: TBC

FK2 Hungaroring: 2:10.85
FK8 Hungaroring: TBC

FK2 Monza: 2:15.16
FK8 Monza: TBC

..... and no doubt Jenson Button will do the same at the Hungaroring.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/civic-type-r/challenge.html

I've met the new owner of JB's FK2 and the car is absolutely shagged.
When the new owner got it, amongst the wheels being replaced, the gearbox fixed, the drivers seat replaced, wheel bearings replaced and turbo looked at... it also had to have the wiring loom replaced because it was wrecked. How do you even wreck a wiring loom FFS?!?!

Still he's got JB on the log book and various other personal JB info in original delivery notes. Might be worth something to somebody.

Their early FK2's had a problem with i think was oil temp gauge stopping working that was traced to the wiring loom. So that one may not be their fault ;p

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1st I've heard that issue in the fk2,
Buttons was passed around quite a bit from memory, last I heard the ctro forum were using it

Theres a thread on here somewhere about it. I used to read every thing about the FK2 when i had one. Now i have a FK8 as can be expected I'm more interested in that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Is anybody suffering with excessive brake squeal? Seems to only happen at very low speed. It's becoming a bit embarrassing..

Back