Home
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 401 to 406 of 406

Thread: Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

  1. #401
    Dave_Bibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    808
    Thanked 400 Times in 296 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TarmacNymph View Post
    Plus, I'd be mindful of a wallop of boost plus tiny brakes.
    And for that reason Id strap a turbo to it


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_Bibby For This Useful Post:

    TarmacNymph (03-08-2020)

  3. #402
    B16 Hazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scouseport
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,019 Posts

    Default

    The engine is having a full rebuild now. I’ve got eagle rods, I’m not sure what pistons to go for. Spoon, CP or weisco. It’ll be a +.25mm oversize.

    Might be back on the road in about a month.
    UKDM y0!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazz For This Useful Post:

    TarmacNymph (16-09-2020)

  5. #403
    Norv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanked 265 Times in 235 Posts

    Default

    Nice! Did you decide on CR?

    I'm sure it's a fair investment, but not worth much broken to you or anyone else. It'll be worth it when it's all done and dusted.

    Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

  6. #404
    Vitka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Eger, Hungary
    Posts
    260
    Thanked 87 Times in 60 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazz View Post
    The engine is having a full rebuild now. I’ve got eagle rods, I’m not sure what pistons to go for. Spoon, CP or weisco. It’ll be a +.25mm oversize.

    Might be back on the road in about a month.
    I just hope you have the suspension, LSD, and brakes to match. Even as NA it had the power to weight ratio of a Ferrari F360, now it's gonna be supercar fast.
    Last edited by Vitka; 16-09-2020 at 06:25 PM.

  7. #405
    B16 Hazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scouseport
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,019 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norv View Post
    Nice! Did you decide on CR?

    I'm sure it's a fair investment, but not worth much broken to you or anyone else. It'll be worth it when it's all done and dusted.

    Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
    I’m going to try and keep it as close to what it is now as I can, which is 13:1. Runs sweet, other than the smoke. Plus, high compression turbos aren’t as taboo as they once were.
    Last edited by Hazz; 17-09-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    UKDM y0!

  8. #406
    B16 Hazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scouseport
    Posts
    8,667
    Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,019 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitka View Post
    I just hope you have the suspension, LSD, and brakes to match. Even as NA it had the power to weight ratio of a Ferrari F360, now it's gonna be supercar fast.
    It’s on coil spring suspension rather than rubber cones at the front with adjustable shocks and coil overs at the back. LSD is an Mfactory helical racepack diff and the brakes are (brand new) from an MGTF, EBC drilled & groved discs and green stuff pads Oh and the rear drums are ally superfins which are both lighter and more efficient.
    Last edited by Hazz; 17-09-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    UKDM y0!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazz For This Useful Post:

    Dave_Bibby (17-09-2020)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •