• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not looking forward to insuring my car in the UK :shock:

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Just had 2 quotes,

1 from A-Plan at £1870 all mods declared and one from Direct Line (standard) at £1950!

Going to be an expensive stay :shock:

I got a really good quote from Lloyds/TSB. Got it down from £1800 to about £1300 I think

iharvey said:
I got a really good quote from Lloyds/TSB. Got it down from £1800 to about £1300 I think

Have you got a number? I have an account with Lloyds so maybe they can help.

Gunn79 said:
Over what period is that?? 12 months??

Should be 3 years but yes it's just the one!

Cheers.

Just tried Tesco - they must be underwritten by direct line as it was exactly the same.

Re: Not looking forward to insuring my car in the UK :shock

milano_chris said:
Just had 2 quotes,

1 from A-Plan at £1870 all mods declared and one from Direct Line (standard) at £1950!

Have you not tried Elephant??? They seem to be quite competative.

Re: Not looking forward to insuring my car in the UK :shock

monkey boy kev said:
milano_chris said:
Just had 2 quotes,

Have you not tried Elephant??? They seem to be quite competative.

Elephant quoted me over £3000 when i was looking last week. They then rung me up and asked if I would be taking up insurance with them!! :lol: They are either very stupid or very funny

£1501.35 from Elephant but without mods declared and 10 month Bonus Accelerator. Not sure what that means but it will be more with mods.

Lloyds was no mods either! Will try some of the others later on today.

*EDIT*

Bonus Accelerator is this

"The standard car insurance policy runs for 12 months.

We offer a special Bonus Accelerator policy aimed at customers building their No Claims Bonus. This policy runs for 10 months. Providing you do not have a claim during the policy term, we will offer you a renewal price based on you having earned a full year of No Claims Bonus. This allows you to build up your No Claims Bonus more quickly, saving you money year after year."

milano_chris said:
£1501.35 from Elephant but without mods declared and 10 month Bonus Accelerator. Not sure what that means but it will be more with mods.

Lloyds was no mods either! Will try some of the others later on toda

Bonus Accelerator means that you get another yrs No Claims bonus after 10 mnths. :D :D

Try Egg too, been with them a few times. Pretty cheap compared to some 8)

Have you tried A-Plan though? £200 less than my egg renewal with mods included :shock:

monkey boy kev said:
milano_chris said:

Lloyds was no mods either! Will try some of the others later on toda

Bonus Accelerator means that you get another yrs No Claims bonus after 10 mnths. :D :D

Please be carefull with this....some insurance companies don't accept these bonus accelerator years as a proper 1 years NCB. Worth checking with the insurance company first if it will be a tranferable NCB after 10months :wink:

I suppose I should move this to Insurance seeing as the Forum Owner can't use his own forum sections correctly. :wink:

Chris

Don't be put off by A-plan's first quote. My first one was higher than I was expecting, so I tried Greenlight & Adrian Flux, & then went back to A-plan (they asked me to come back to them if I got a better quote elsewhere)

So keep trying. My recent adventures can be found here:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5913

Back