• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R FN2 Detail + added garage pics

This is my first full detail on my Civic Type R FN2 which took me the best Apart of 35hrs on a typical bank holiday.

Wheels cleaned with a 1:1 mix of bilberry, washed TBM with shampoo Plus, EZ wheel brush, detailing brush and a Merino finger mitt.

The wheel were then removed so I could tackle the arches, exhaust, under carriage and brake callipers with strong mixes of Megs super degreaser and APC and de-tarred

Engine bay was cleaned Megs APC 1:8 and various detailing brushes this was then rinsed with the hose and dried with the blow dryer.

Door shuts, grills, ect with Megs APC and various detailing brushes,

Car was then foamed with Megs hyper wash, left to dwell for 5 minutes while I went round the car with a detailing brush on all the panel joints ect.
Washed TBM with Werkstat shampoo. Then moved into the garage to remove tar spots with Mark V and clayed using Gloss-it mild clay & Meg’s last touch.

Foamed and rinsed again and moved back inside for drying with the blow dryer and a PB luxury drying towel.

Wheels then removed to clean the backs fully and seal. These where again washed as the previous method but this time using Gloss it wheel gel at 1:4 and Meg’s degreaser and APC on the tyres. Wheels then de tarred and clayed then sealed with Werkstat prime strong, and two coats of Poorboys wheels seal, tyres were dressed with 2 coats of Gloss-it signature tyre gloss.

Arches dressed with Chemical guys Bare bones, hubs and callipers polished and sealed with Werkstat prime strong.

Engine bay dressed with Werkstat prime strong and 303

Exhaust was given a quick polish with medium grade wire wool and Megs all metal polish.

Paint polished with a G220 with Menzerna 203s on a LC light cut pad while the plastic panted section with final finish 2 and a finishing pad and light cut pad.

Lights and number plates corrected with a 203 on a light cut pad,

The paint work was then given a top inspection wipe down and finished with Jeff’s Werkstat Acrylic, 1 coat of Acrylic prime followed by 5 coats of Acrylic Jett.
Door and boot shuts were protected with Prime Strong and the small amount of trim with Gloss it TRV.

Glass protected with G Techniq G1

Interior given a thorough Vacuum and a wipe over with Megs APC and protected with Werkstat satin Prot, mats were wet extracted with the Vax and protected with 303 high tech fabric guard and the interior glass was cleaned with Eimann Fabrik glass cleaner.

Some befores, about as dirty as it gets

Type-RFN2001.jpg

Type-RFN2002.jpg

Type-RFN2003.jpg

Type-RFN2004.jpg

Type-RFN2006.jpg

Type-RFN2007.jpg

Type-RFN2009.jpg

Type-RFN2010.jpg

Type-RFN2012.jpg

Foamed

Type-RFN2021.jpg

Wheels backs before

Type-RFN2025.jpg

Type-RFN2026.jpg

After

Type-RFN2047.jpg

Type-RFN2048.jpg

Engine bay dressed

Type-RFN2035.jpg

Arches dressed

Type-RFN2027.jpg

Type-RFN2029.jpg

Type-RFN2034.jpg

Defects, I couldn’t really get a good image of these

Type-RFN2049.jpg

Type-RFN2050.jpg

Average paint readings

Type-RFN2052.jpg

Work in progress

Type-RFN2064.jpg

Type-RFN2073.jpg

Type-RFN2077.jpg

Type-RFN2078.jpg

Splitter before & afters

Type-RFN2086.jpg

Type-RFN2087.jpg

Type-RFN2088.jpg

Reflections

Type-RFN2099.jpg

Type-RFN2107.jpg

Some finished shots inside

Type-RFN2090.jpg

Type-RFN2091.jpg

Type-RFN2094.jpg

Type-RFN2096.jpg

Type-RFN2101.jpg

Type-RFN2105.jpg

Type-RFN2109.jpg

Interior

Type-RFN2201-1.jpg

Outside in the gloom

Type-RFN2120.jpg

Type-RFN2130.jpg

Type-RFN2133.jpg

Type-RFN2136.jpg

Type-RFN2137.jpg

Type-RFN2138.jpg

Type-RFN2142.jpg

Type-RFN2144.jpg

Type-RFN2147.jpg

Type-RFN2154.jpg

Type-RFN2163.jpg

Type-RFN2168.jpg

Type-RFN2169.jpg

Type-RFN2175.jpg

Type-RFN2176.jpg

Type-RFN2193-1.jpg

Back in bed

Type-RFN2198-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work buddy. Try to get the camera a bit further away for picking up the defects on camera.

Didn't fancy reading the huge paragraph at the start though. :lol:

Nice work buddy. Try to get the camera a bit further away for picking up the defects on camera.

Didn't fancy reading the huge paragraph at the start though. :lol:

Thanks for the camera advice. pasted the text straight in without checking ](*,)

i love it when people take this much pride in the cars! i just wish i had the skills with a mop etc :(

Wow! Did you practice before hand? What da do you use an how much was your paint detector if you don't mind me asking :)

Wow! Did you practice before hand? What da do you use an how much was your paint detector if you don't mind me asking :)

Hi, I used a Megs G220 DA, lake country light cut & polishing Pads, Menzerna 203 and final finish 2 polishes. I bought the paint gauge from detailing world for £170 on a group buy. I didn’t practice on anything else than the civic, I made a template so I could take paint readings in the same place to check removal, after 10mins work on a 18" square section I was only removing 1 micron of paint, so I was confident I wasn’t going to damage the car at all.

:cool:

Fair play to you and spending so much time cleaning and detailing.

As for the garage- :eek: that is well tidy! :smt023

I would love to have that garage!!

Just spotted a few crates of my favourite drink sat in the corner!! Good choice!

i want to see pictures of your kitchen and bathroom please. specifically the herb drawer in the kitchen, paprika etc. if they are not all the same brand glass bottles, facing toward you and with no gunged up paprika round the lids i will be very dissapointed.

I'm very jealous....of your garage! lol. I said to the mrs I'm thinking of painting the garage walls white! Well that's when I get a house!
Can I ask where did you get the hangers for the halogen light and all the meg's bottles? What are the long mats down either side of the garage for?

All in all top work on the civic and tidy garage!

Back