• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Really like this, black cars aren't really my thing but after seeing this its got me thinking haha, love the video on the mountain roads and you rattle can skills. nice one

Cheers bud! This is my first black car, I love it, but it will most likely be my last black car....It does look fantastic when clean; The glorious pearlescent blue/black sheen is almost worth the effort of cleaning it everyday.

My rattle can skills have been honed by a mis-spent youth and years of owning classic MGs. Rust repair and an epic antiauthoritarian teenage rebellion = valuable life skills.

I'm planning on making a proper car video this summer, just waiting for the 4am-quiet roads in daylight. There's a scottish members' meet in a couple months, I'll have my go-pro with me for that too. You planning on coming along?

I think your mis-spent youth has been well spent haha. Could be very keen for the meet.... If i have a car by then. Still looking for an ep3. Black one has come up for sale but i am unsure. Wanted a silver one ideally so think i will hang fire until the right one comes along.

There's a few people coming up from Edinburgh way, you could probably hitch a ride if you don't have a car by then. It would be a great way to compare all the different cars and colours side by side! I was looking for a red one originally, but I picked this one because it was in far better condition than all the others. I've come to realise that with the age and price of EP3s it's becoming very hard to find an unabused one. Take your time and find the right one.

I've also discovered that DC5s don't cost a huge amount more than EP3s...

Well, it's been a year since I bought my magnificent EP3, so I thought I'd go out and get some proper photos. Unfortunately, the only camera options were my phone or gopro, so don't be too harsh about my photography skills!

So this is how it stands now, progress has been slow, as I'm paying off some scary big loans from work training. It has made me appreciate every upgrade, but it's also quite frustrating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics, need to get my slr out a take some pics when I get the time. The sixth one down is epic

Cheers boys! I'm no photographer, but I've been enjoying messing around with pics recently. I used my gopro to take these, which is interesting as it doesn't have a screen, so I've had to visualise the shot in my head, set it up and hope for the best. My girlfriend has an SLR and I've asked her to bring it up for her next visit (she lives about 6 hours drive south of me!) so I'll take some more then.

I washed and waxed the car before these pics, unfortunately the combination of gales and ploughing season means a huge amount of dust in the air. Amazingly, the next day Inverness airport was closed for an hour due to a dust storm! My car was in the carpark, we had to delay in Stornoway before flying home. My windows now sound like a loudhaler being dragged across a desert. I also now have brownwall tyres due to the tyre shine.

Went out with the girlfriend and her SLR and took some pics. Not so much "car pics", but the car is in them. And frankly, how often do you get pics on here of pretty girls draped across EP3s? Rarely, that's when. So you're welcome.

looking really nice mate. Where did you get your mats.

I am ordering the gatior as well now lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread! And real nice car jimbo. The dash and door handles are awesome, as are the personalised mats. Love it!

Back