• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Judging from my Facebook every man and his dog has driven one this weekend. :roll:

Feeling a bit down about going next weekend myself now. My dealer is touting it as an "Event" and kept telling me if I'm going to be late to let him know because it's going to be very busy etc.

IMAG3286_1.jpg

I might not bother if I'm not going to be able to spend any decent amount of time with it...

Saw on in the flesh for the first time today in Toddington services. Only drove past so didn't get a really good look but it's a stunning car especially in the blue. It has a real presence.

I have been talking about the new Civic Type R a lot at home recently, and also about it rivals. I pointed out a Golf R to the wife at the weekend, and the first thing she said was 'it looks a bit sensible' and she is not into boy racer cars at all! However, even she acknowledged that it doesn't look wild enough to justify its special badge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still stand by at that price, I'd rather something else. The rear end side on still hasn't won me over. I personally would rather the new Focus RS given the choice of a mega hatch or whatever they're being billed as.

I've also seen a lot of the Audi boys bitching at the cabin quality, about how it feels "cheap", which must be brought on by the fact it beat the RS3 round that little track.
Tbh on the subject of it beating them if they put it against the M3 and the RS3 on a bigger track with longer straights I'm sure the outcome would've been different.

Driving one tonight.

My way of thinking is, the dealers are now full of them as demos but in 6-12 months time, no dealer will have a demo car in.

They normally have a couple of demos per dealership and with the numbers they are expecting to sell of the CTR, it doesn't make sense for one of those demos to the be a CTR. You'd have a Jazz and an ES Civic.

It's pretty much get in now while they still have them in my eyes and be a "test pilot," because if I do decide I want one in 18 months, I would only be buying blind without any idea of what it is like.

My main worry is the engine. Like I've said previously, I can fully appreciate what the chassis is going to be like. I've had enough Type Rs and own a 9th gen as well at the minute, so I've got a fair idea of what it will be like to drive.

I've also owned two circa 300bhp four pot turbo cars and sold them to come back to NA CTRs. So that is my worry in all honesty, that I won't like the character of the engine...

I forgot to say Hi.....so Hi all living in sunny Wigan and have been a petrol head for many years! The type R has always been a desire but due to very bad lower spine issues not been able to get into or out of a low car for years, surgery 2 years ago has helped a fair bit so, I am reliving my late 30's in my late 40's...very late!

OK after, some 89 miles on the clock - 45 of them done today dropping my son off at his mates, 5 miles away:lol:.....its an addictive ride - The smiles per miles ratio is off the scale. Then there is the Giggle button....whole different experience.

My last "Hot Hatch" was 25 years ago XR3i and then an Audi GT. Can you call them Hot now? My bosses Audi Quattro was the de-facto car to set all other against, do we even have a car like that now? a car amongst cars? VAG now for me means boring and I can't afford the right Merc or indeed its running costs! I no longer like Fords....didn't like arguing with the service guys about what was and was not in warranty after the first 12 months, always trying to worm out of the 3 yr warranty....washed my hands of them. Then the only other for me would have been an EVO xxx? but who needs 4500 miles oil change intervals and 9000 miles service....no thanks.

None of that rubbish with the Honda - 5 year service pack for 500 notes! 3 years proper warranty, you can extend for not that much too? all makes perfect man sense to me for the price/performance point.

Anyway I got mine From Holdcroft Honda in Warrington, Cheshire My sales guy was Nicholas Bibby - spot on guy and cut my deal very keen on my trade in. Matched the Cox Honda prices for mats for me and sorted out finance that was the best deal I could get. All in all my buying experience has been excellent from this dealer - Not our first now either! Had a Jazz a while ago and a Civic tourer ......that's great on the fuel....70mpg about double the R ........

Well done Holdcroft and Nic especially! - Plus a Nod to V in the Office! ;)

Give Nic a call on 01925 231 231.

Mine is Milano Red and I can say... with the red and back interior / seats and red piping on the carpets it looks the biz......Holdcroft have a black demonstrator, saw a blue one there and a white one....To be honest I could have had the white one as someone else was undecided but the white is not a brilliant white like the civic tourer is an off white and looks more cream to me. The blue sets up an odd contrast between the black / red seats and black wheels and red trim....so its not for me either - its between the black and the red imho and the Red just stands out and seems to all gel together as a colour combo.

I will get some pics up when I work out how......lol

Last edited by a moderator:
A very similar background, I totally agree with you. The Golf is tooo boring, the
Renault didn't grab me, I loved my Mk2 Focus RS but dealerships were questionable, the new RS is very similar to the ST and doesn't really stand out, my Evo was always in the garage 4,500 service intervals, so it is very refreshing to get the new Honda experience both in a stunning car and great customer service from the dealership. Gone for a white one but it was a difficult choice.

Driving one tonight.

IMAG3291.jpg

Hmm.

All the car I could want. There isn't a single thing on the FN2 that is better than on it.

Bugger, I don't think I wanted to like it but I do. Then he landed this on me:

IMAG3293_1.jpg

Price includes 5 year service plan and mats.

If I was to order one now, it would be ready in October.

Oh and I got told the brakes are the same price as the Jazz. £270 for front discs and pads.

People should take note that whoever seems to sit in one of these things is inclined to buy it. That says a lot about the quality of the drive. Wow since I ordered Saturday it's back to October now. My delivery date is 7th September. Feels like an age away.

Last edited by a moderator:
John, can you actually sit down and be happy that Honda are asking you for £37,000 for a Civic?

Seriously??? :shock:

Back