• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

You do know the M135i does 0-62 in 4.9 and 0-100 in 10.9? The only way you'll pass one is if it's parked bud. :lol:

Not in snow Loxy :D Driving the old mans BMW 520 tourer with M pack tomorrow

Or with more than a little standing water on the motorway. :eek:

The only other hot hatch I would have looked at was the Merc AMG.

I wonder what people would have posted if I came on here with my AMG and................

9afa5d14bb4faa08bc64ec4bccdbff17.jpg

Still a lot of weight available to lose as well! Looking forward to seeing it done. :smt023

No doubting the M35i is an incredible car in terms of performance, it just looks utterly dull in my opinion. No offence by the way, I do think it's a great car that's just my personal preference.

I just got myself a Megane 275 Trophy, and for the money vs a Type R I think it's great vfm. Goes like a rocket and handles amazingly. And £10k less than the Honda. There are deals to be had now amongst all these great hot hatches. The Meg isn't far off the type r in terms of speed too, and I personally think it's just the right balance of looking aggressive and being too OTT.

Whore pic (taken at the local jetwash that just so happens to be next to a BMW/Mini garage!)

C9C5E607-A22F-42BA-863F-923ABAC72CB3_zpsychgbhio.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Civic Type R

But you're sat in a Renault! :lol:

A Renault that wipes the floor with most cars on the road, and is recognised to be one of the finest drivers cars available by the most well respected motoring journalists in the business. Not much else to say really!

Renault have upped their game in terms of build quality and reliability too. Anyone who knows anything about cars will tell you the same. I sat in the new R and to me the Renault is more nicely finished internally. I made my choice and I'm happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I know. You boys cut me deep I am ex Honda myself!

Anyways Lox is buying a BMW, that's an even bigger betrayal!

My thoughts on the Meg are on this forum somewhere. The one I looked at was very tired at 3yo and 45k. Buttons on the dash had travel and I mean travel and the handle to tilt the seat came off in my hand.

Each car in a range can be different I get that, good ones and bad ones. That one put me off however. Fingers crossed yours is in better shape down the line.

Is that TGM's car Dott?

Yep.

No doubting the M35i is an incredible car in terms of performance, it just looks utterly dull in my opinion. No offence by the way, I do think it's a great car that's just my personal preference.

I just got myself a Megane 275 Trophy, and for the money vs a Type R I think it's great vfm. Goes like a rocket and handles amazingly. And £10k less than the Honda. There are deals to be had now amongst all these great hot hatches. The Meg isn't far off the type r in terms of speed too, and I personally think it's just the right balance of looking aggressive and being too OTT.

Whore pic (taken at the local jetwash that just so happens to be next to a BMW/Mini garage!)

I don't like hatchbacks as a rule but I gotta say, I do like that...

My thoughts on the Meg are on this forum somewhere. The one I looked at was very tired at 3yo and 45k. Buttons on the dash had travel and I mean travel and the handle to tilt the seat came off in my hand.

Each car in a range can be different I get that, good ones and bad ones. That one put me off however. Fingers crossed yours is in better shape down the line.

Yep.

Yea that does depend on owners though. Some people are rough as **** with their cars so wear them out quick time. Mine is almost new and the previous guy cared for it well so it's all super tight and as new. Even my Clio was good, no creaks or rattles and that had 40k on it. I do think French cars now are getting a bad rap still with undue cause. A lot of Japanese cars are no less plasticy and tacky inside. The only cars you see a substantial improvement in build quality and feel are the German machines. Most of the new BM's and Audi's are very well screwed together. Still, doesn't matter as long as it goes well does it!

Still, doesn't matter as long as it goes well does it!

Spot on! :smt023

You're never going to be able to tell them apart on the public road or with our ability levels anyway. :lol:

Spot on! :smt023

You're never going to be able to tell them apart on the public road or with our ability levels anyway. :lol:

You're right dude!

To be honest I do really like the new type r too it's just a little overpriced at the moment. I got a good deal on this Renault and it has the optional £2k Ohlins suspension too, so it handles amazingly.

As much as I want to take the píss, I really enjoyed my mates Megane, looks exactly the same as your but 3 years older. They're very capable cars and oddly his hasn't gone wrong which is strange...it is a French car after all :lol:

As much as I want to take the píss, I really enjoyed my mates Megane, looks exactly the same as your but 3 years older. They're very capable cars and oddly his hasn't gone wrong which is strange...it is a French car after all :lol:

Funnily enough I used to hate the way they looked. I then bought the Clio 200 after my EP3 and while it wasn't as fast, I fell in love with how it drove. So good on B roads. Then the Megane being the next logical step. Gradually I overcame my disgust of its appearance lol, and now I really like them. I see why people harp on about how they drive, they are just so much fun.

Back