• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Rolling start is far more likely in the real world.

Based on what?!?! :lol: plenty of these about.

article-2233534-05B1F5ED000005DC-60_306x684.jpg

Based on the fact that I drive in the real world. Traffic lights are in built up, 30/40mph zones so what exactly is the point of racing there, other than being a tool.

Motorways, A roads, B roads when you're actually on the move is a far better representation of when you'd need acceleration.

Agree! In the 10 years I drive on the road, I only ones had a hot hatch next to me at the lights, dozens on the motorway.

Based on the fact that I drive in the real world

My world must be imaginary then because I'd say it's a good 50/50 split where I drive. There are traffic lights in 40 zones and lights just before 40 zones that shortly go into national speed limits on my routes.

And tbh racing anywhere on public roads is acting a tool :smt023

I don't bother racing anything in the Evo, pretty much no point as I annihilate 95% of stuff on the road.

Even the RS4 the other day got a proper shoeing. Which was on a private airfield by the way.

My world must be imaginary then because I'd say it's a good 50/50 split where I drive. There are traffic lights in 40 zones and lights just before 40 zones that shortly go into national speed limits on my routes.

And tbh racing anywhere on public roads is acting a tool :smt023

I need to move to your neck of the woods Danger!

It has powertrain losses with being 4wd and it's 130kg+ heavier than the CTR.

Take out the standing start and the CTR is quicker.

Plus, the CTR will be much quicker when Focus rolls to the side of the road as a steaming bucket of nuts and bolts...

Pistonheads MK3 Focus RS vs 9th Gen Civic Type R.

[video=youtube;A8NwU7fZho8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NwU7fZho8[/video]

Funny thing is the Megane is as quick as the civic off the line. Or even a bit nippier in my personal experience. Surely this would mean the Meg is not too far off the focus. Does the civic have a lot more mid range grunt than the Megane and focus then boys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even the 275 is down 30 bhp on the Civic, which on the Trophy R is roughly 20bhp/tonne the Megane is down.

0-60 times are down to physics on a fwd car so without slicks those times won't get much lower ever, I'd say. Look at in gear and 60-100 pulls etc for a better picture of how the Megane and Civic differ.

Both good cars in their own right. Civic suffers a lot with the Continentals, as they overheat really quickly.

Yea I have the cup 2 tyres on my trophy (not r) and they are pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got them on my Evo IX, I think I prefer the AD08R's. Will be going with Federal RS-R's next, £80 a corner is just lol.

Are the cup 2s any good in wet ?

They're 'okay', but do take some heat to get any grip. It's been a while since I had AD08R on the Evo, but the Cup 2's seem to take longer than them to warm up and worse still, when cold and even in the dry they are quite slip slidey. They don't deal with standing water very well, however they are fine if you drive to the conditions. Once up to temperature in the dry they feel pronominal, probably exceeding the AD08R's.

The only reason I'll be going to the RS-R's next is due to cost, sure they're maybe not as good as the AD08R or Cup 2, but they're more than £40 a corner cheaper and I really enjoyed the grip they gave at Spa. However my Evo is only a weekend car, if it were a daily I'd probably use Pilot Sport 4's on it.

I can't see me going to a set then, I used to run f1 eagles on my Evo,s with AWD it's not so bad but once it's wet and cold the CTR needs all the grip it can if you use it as a daily driver I spend more time on the road than a track

Back