Home
Page 508 of 511 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511 LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5103

Thread: FK2 general discussion

speaking of quirks, anyone get unsmooth cruise control when at around 40mph in 6th (around 1500rpm)? don't remember the car doing it when new and only happens with that combination as 40 in 5th is fine. car wants to fluctuate a bit going on&off power rather than keeping it smooth/consistent. no cruise and i can keep it smooth with my foot.
    not sure if car or one of the many mods. i'm thinking possibly the SMF induced it as i've only noticed it this year. i'm more curious if others have noticed it than anything else..
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

Couldn't even tell you how to switch on cruise control something I've yet to try

Thanked 3,373 Times in 2,019 Posts

Personally I wouldn't ever run a petrol engine under load at anything much less than 2000rpm. I used to keep my k20 above 2500 so as never to labour the engine. It's somewhat of a pet hate of mine when cars tell you what gear to be in, my dad's FK Honda (1.8 petrol) does this and suggests 6th gear for 30mph cruising. I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong. The engine doesn't like it one bit and it's less economical than 4th gear at that same speed. Farking BS I tell thee.

I rarely even use the derv down below 1500rpm either.

It's not good for an engine to ever be laboured, give it an easy time and it'll last longer. Certainly don't expect smooth running from doing that.
    UKDM y0!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazz For This Useful Post:

VTECMattC (11-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Couldn't even tell you how to switch on cruise control something I've yet to try
    lol, my fk2 is the first time ive used it, had it in my last 2 cars and didnt ever use it, was kinda forced to use it on a run to inverness during the summer due to the overhead average speed cameras wasting a beautiful bump free stretch of road
    its actually pretty good
    Championship White Type R GT FK2 , Tegiwa B Pipe, Remus Responder, Pipercross, Climair

Quote Originally Posted by TiMtImInYtImTiM View Post
    Dream use Evolve in Luton. Same guys that make the Eventuri. They also make my intercooler which gave better results than the Airtec and the Wagner. Those guys really know their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is the Evolve intercooler the one that is branded as Dreams intercooler? Where did you see the info regarding their IAT's being lower than Airtec and Wagner? Info appreciated as that's the next item on my shopping list.

Decided on going for a full wrap maybe this year at some point, quick wash of the car today and I noticed loads of new stone chips have appeared on the bonnet and quite a few are going orange already.
    Vented bonnet is happening and maybe a complete colour change wrap

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

Dave_Bibby (07-02-2020), Loxy (07-02-2020)

decided on colour? couple of favs (in no order)
    deep red: https://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/...66213e-700.jpg. i was hoping honda had such a colour when i bought, but alas the solid mid-red was all they did.
    keeping it honda; Imola Orange (s2000/nsx)
    green: http://wrapconcepts.co.uk/wp/?post_type=portfolio&p=473

wraps wont be as good as proper protecting layer like xpel or venturesheild. wraps are thinner and dont self repair. If your going bonnet then i'd highly recommend getting it protected which should increase selling price.
    also bonnets... i've see the aeroworks on an FK2. not good quality at all. iirc the weave was ok but clear coat was poor. the tegiwa louver (fn2) was superior. both seen on the same day at the btcc club stand.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

Bonnet will be one of HZ dynamics, I did fire off an email querying possible fitment issues with the GruppeM but still haven't received any kind of reply, I would usually say your loss and purchase elsewhere but seeing as they are in my county and the only ones making them I'll wait.

Wrap won't be wrap wrap it will be that new self healing wrap, the company is also in Leicestershire so a no brainer.
    Colour wise, I discussed it with my nephew and we think a nice matt colour, black or gun metal and the carbon clear wrapped, I also like the half wrap like OZ alloys Cw Fk2 demo car,
    I don't think it will be cheap though as it needs detailing beforehand,

i like that HZ bonnet. very aggressive. wish they had a fitted FK2 example rather than just a loose bonnet.

i used a place in Daventry - https://bodyguarduk.com/. 4years since i had it done and it's been perfect. i dont recall them doing coloured layers, just the clear PPE from what i saw in their stock/cutting room.
    pretty sure they went through the 'detailing' step as it's required to get a good surface to work with. like anything, prep is key so no point working with a poor surface

Bonnet pics on here https://m.facebook.com/pages/categor...ormance/posts/
    You will need to scroll down, they have a 2nd version in production which they posted in December so further down the page, that's looking like end of February release