Home
Page 511 of 511 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511
Results 5,101 to 5,107 of 5107

Thread: FK2 general discussion

Car was collected earlier 329 all in with valve clearance and tyre repair, valves 90.90
    Car is running smooth again, had 3 red alerts, 2 for back tyres and the other for tyre gunk out of date,

Looks like they gave me the Honda 12 service which is fixed price for cars over 3 years, different service check sheet to last year's but looking at last year's check sheet it's exactly the same service plus some as what's on the 5yr checks, (washer fluid top up and something else in the 12 plan)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dweezle For This Useful Post:

Loxy (22-07-2020), MARKTHOMASBRAND (22-07-2020)

with Coventry dealer ceased trading i'm looking for a new stealership. solihull would be closest. i'm in 2 minds whether to take the final 5th yr service, or just cough up and take it to TDI-North or Dream which'll be where i'm going for the 6th service.

solihull is 45mins 1 way for me, so if i don't wait i'm in for 3hours of travel in a day plus any handover and paperwork time so it's essentially a day out even for a basic service. might as well go to an independent even if i will get tempted with a remap since the dyno is right there...
    no service light on yet though - 2300miles to go so hopefully see the year out if the car doesn't tick over on a 12month timing (whenever that'll be).

which dealer is your experience from dweezle?
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

Peterborough, They've always looked after me and I've had no problems with them so I can't complain there,

It's the being left confused that grates me, In their defence there has been confusion from day one with these cars. Service 1-3 faultless,
    It started last year with the valve confusion 25k or 75k, this year was no doubt due to the whole social distancing malarkey and lack of staff, service manager not at hand so left with service call takers, wrong service logged on the system,
    Going through the check sheet with me was just pointless as you're seated away from the counter and can't see a thing, card reader is sanitised but you can't take it so you have to stretch and flap about trying to locate the card, it's then sanitised again after transaction, your keys are sanitised and sealed in a zip bag, paperwork is in sealed bags........
    So all that was the main damper on this service.

Grantham comes highly recommended from Type R owners but Peterborough's location suits me better,

Avoid kettering though shocking service department, I can still see his smug face telling me that the stumpy hamp oil filter is not meant for the Fn2, I told him probably 80-90% of owners are using them he looked at me and said "well it looks like 80-90% are wrong then" they then overfilled me by 1ltr

Quote Originally Posted by dweezle View Post
    Grantham comes highly recommended from Type R owners but Peterborough's location suits me better
    That's comforting to read as it's there that I purchased my FK2 last year and had it serviced under the Honda plan earlier this year.

Grantham have always been excellent for me over the last 10 years or so.

minor but annoying fault has grown on mine - rear view mirror has decided to rattle at around 2-2.3k rpm. not sure if the lower engine stabiliser bar is the cause with more vibration as thats been fitted for over a year now. Not sure what i can do with that as i bet theres no adjustment to stiffen things up.

also went on an experience day on friday. supercharged atom. it's been something i've been stalling on for a while as i know it wont leave the civic in good light, and i was right. Trying to remind myself it's 3x the cost when new and completely different so i shouldn't be comparing. if it weren't for a lack of garage or tied into another few years of loans i'd be looking right now. Atom was surprisingly not the beast you think it is, very tame and power was smooth. i guess with the lack of torque, it's very honda-esque and the ride was far smoother and less windy than expected. i'm sure with stiffer tyres and a grip setup on the suspension, it'd be much more like i expected.
    maybe i'll dump 50-75% of the civic loan into savings and grab a 2020 atom once the civic is done. might even be able to stretch to the 3.5R as i did find the supercharged slower than expectations (still bloody rapid though).
    Will then have to choose between a xbow, atom or caterham depending on prices and performance.
    Last edited by veehexx; 02-08-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    FK2R Mods: Remus cat-back, Remus Responder, K&N Panel Filter, Girodisc 2peice discs, Carbone Lorraine RC6e Pads, HEL oil cooler, TDI-North Intercooler, HCTR Brake Cooling Ducts || Audio: stock + Audison APBX10DS sub || Summer: OE 19" wheels, 255/35r19 PS4S & Cup2

Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,597 Posts

I had screw come loose in side the sensor housing behind the mirror. I got the cover off, screw dropped onto the dash with it when it slid off. Refitted and problem solved.

Might not be your issue, but worth a check.