• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

That concept is a bit meh. The side profile looks ok but the rear end is a state. The colour is horrid too!

Just as well the finished article will look nowhere near the same going by the last one.

Dear Honda........

Re-release the EP3 with the K20 C1 :D

Yes S2KIP would be sensible to do the hybrid setup to conform with the emission regs. See VW could be in for a hefty fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as well the finished article will look nowhere near the same going by the last one.

And as if by magic...

Sedan granted, but the look will be the same through the Civic range as it is global car.

[video=youtube;d_3zojQ5Mlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3zojQ5Mlk[/video]

Europe will only be getting the hatch up to now unfortunately, but the hatch will at least be built at Swindon for the global market, and there is a €270m investment in HUKM because of it.

http://hondanews.eu/gb/en/cars/medi...up-is-the-first-step-towards-growth-in-europe

Slightly off topic.

So I head to my local Shell Garage to do the weekly refuel. Last week when in VPower Nitro+ was £1.20.9 a litre. Now a week later it is down to £1.14.9 lol a difference of 6p. Fuel prices are going crazy at the moment. :D

Sounds right. You don't get the change though if you walk away.

Say it's worth £17k and you owe £15k on it, you don't get the £2k back when you hand it back, you only get it if you part ex against something else.

I see. Thanks guys. So effectively you're hiring a car but have nothing to show for it at the end of the period? While it's a good idea because you pay a reduced price for the car it seems an expensive waste of money to me. Wondering whether it's better to just fess up for the high monthly payments as at least then you can sell the car if it's killing you to pay for it. As an example I've been looking at the Megane 275 trophy's and they're around £25k nearly new. So a good bit cheaper than a new type r and possibly more iconic. I say possibly as they rave about how good they are. If it's anything like my Clio 200 it should be great to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm off topic lol but hey it's kinda relevant to buying a Honda on their pcp dealio!

True to your word

3w1ej.gif

I see. Thanks guys. So effectively you're hiring a car but have nothing to show for it at the end of the period? While it's a good idea because you pay a reduced price for the car it seems an expensive waste of money to me. Wondering whether it's better to just fess up for the high monthly payments as at least then you can sell the car if it's killing you to pay for it. As an example I've been looking at the Megane 275 trophy's and they're around £25k nearly new. So a good bit cheaper than a new type r and possibly more iconic. I say possibly as they rave about how good they are. If it's anything like my Clio 200 it should be great to drive.

I suppose you could view it almost as a buy 50% now and 50% later.
By doing a PCP if you have a view to buy later you are paying around 18k of the car off through the PCP deal and the remaining 15k at the end of that period.
Depends what suits the individual best

I suppose you could view it almost as a buy 50% now and 50% later.
By doing a PCP if you have a view to buy later you are paying around 18k of the car off through the PCP deal and the remaining 15k at the end of that period.
Depends what suits the individual best

But you have paid interest on the whole amount! Its not like the deferred lump sum is interest free.....Its an effective way of people getting into debt for things they cant really afford. Its no secret that cars have increased in cost way beyond many peoples ability to buy outright and so the rise of these "new ways" to get into a new car.

My cost of borrowing is less than me leaving the money in a Santander 123 account so it was cheaper to borrow. I would not buy at 5.9 apr on a pcp deal after you have financed the lump sum at the end the CTR GT could be almost 38k all up with cost for finance....EEK

BTW My shoddy wheel saga continues with HONDA UK Not responding to the dealers claim.......The head of product has also had my details and no reply.....Bit carp and not expected from Honda UK, But then they are or seem to be in a mess in the UK with this car with many people unhappy with one thing or another....

Basically with pcp you are paying the depreciation of the car monthly with interest on top. Cars that hold values well will be cheaper per month as you will be borrowing less as the car will be worth a lot still at the end of the term.

There is no cheap way to buy any new car unless you pay cash.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

These PCP deals are becoming more common in Ireland. However, they directly conflict with our terms of insurance, and those terms are yet to be updated and have no word of being done to date.

One clause of insurance is you must own the vehicle. You technically don't own it if you're on a PCP. It's essentially a leased car. Yes, you have a logbook that says you're the owner, but in essence you're not.

I'm waiting for the day an insurer will try worm out of a claim due to the above.

Back