• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Not a red H, but my Moonrock S2000 - AIR RIDE PAGE 19

Hi guys, new to the forum. Always wanted a type r for as long as I can remember but with insurance being a killer after just passing my test way back in the day I never got that opportunity. I settled for a 1.8 Civic Type S GT and then moved on to a Racing Blue Clio 200 which was utterly fantastic! Had no plans to change but found myself browsing used car websites and found what looked to be a pretty mint s2000 in Moonrock.

It looked so clean I had to take a closer look at it, and well here we are today. I purchased the car just over three weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It was completely standard, and because it is a 2008 model has the jdm s2000 type s suspension setup. 9k rpm can get very addictive
biggrin.gif

It is a totally different drive to the clio and no doubt will take some time to get use to, but like the clio, it just makes you want to go driving all the time!

I have a few ideas in mind for her, and I will be sure to keep a track of them in here as this little project progresses.

I would just like to leave you with the final few pictures of my clio and of course a few of the S after I finally got her home.

First night I went a nice drive and also got a few snaps. Total noob with a camera but I just wanted some photos to remember the first night

It didn't take long to be bitten by the mod bug. One week to be precise... Placed an order for some tasty goodies to start me off

Wasn't long before the parts started to arrive :D

Was delighted to get the Skunk2 MegaPower fitted. Loving the angles tail pipes to! Its a 70mm which splits into 60mm at the y pipe. Also sounds seriously nice! Pretty loud and has set a few car alarms off already. Does drone a good bit but tbh I'm use to it with having the clio. Could see why others may not like it though but if you can put up with the drone at low revs then you will be rewarded on WOT. Sounds epic!

At this stage I placed an order with a company in the States, Rockstar garage for a mugen style hardtop in full carbon fibre. Broke the bank for it, but when it arrives it will be totally worth it! Will transform the look imo!
I also couldn't help myself and purchased an oem front lip from Hendy Performance which comes pre painted in Moonrock.

My driveshaft spacers finally arrived which enabled me to finally get the coilovers on. Heres how she sits atm. Minor adjustment still required as the rear is sitting about 5mm too low.
Had some issues with the rear toe control arms as the original bolts on the original units have seized and no amount of persuasion will budge them. Will need to be cut off so cant do that until I get on the phone to Honda to order some new bolts. (New bolts ordered and rear toe control arms will be fitted this coming Friday and will also get the rear raised around 5mm. Front will remain the same.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more

Attachments

• 20140407_194113_719 resize.jpg
    20140407_194113_719 resize.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140407_194114_167 resize.jpg
    20140407_194114_167 resize.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 72
A tamon duckbill spoiler and wheel refurb to follow also. Had my eye on some genuine jdm wheels like advans, volks, ssr's or wedsports but money just won't stretch to them atm and the facelift v3 wheels that I have atm are definitely my favourite oem wheel. Thinking if they were in shadow chrome it would set the car off nicely.

All comments welcome.

Thanks for reading.

Tim.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing it with the hardtop and duck bill! :smt023

Seriously condiering one of these. I have 5.5-6k burning a hole in my pocket atm after selling my beloved Anglia. And the plan is for a 2 seater soft top so the wife can use it too. I'll watch this thread very closely.

Hopefully not be too much longer for the hardtop and front lip. Cant wait till the geo is set as the handling is pretty awful from lowering. s2k's can be very temperamental if not set up correct.

Very nice mate. Love the Clio too. I currently have an ep3 civic but still would like to own a Clio. How was it power wise compared to the s2000? Much slower? Also how much fun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice mate. Love the Clio too. I currently have an ep3 civic but still would like to own a Clio. How was it power wise compared to the s2000? Much slower? Also how much fun?

Thanks bud. The clio was definately slower in a straight line than the S, but in all honesty I felt far more assured at driving the clio fast than what I do with the s2k. The speed at which you could take corners in the clio was phenomenal, I really mean that! With good tyres the grip from the clio was crazy!
Like the ep3 and s2000, It needs to be driven like you stole it. Power all in the top end but it was a joy to drive.

Really fun car and I do miss it even though I love the s2000.
I'd say between a standard ep3 and clio, I'd much rather the clio. I had the full fat with cup chassis. Was quite hard but as I've said the handling was sensational. Set up so well out of the box. A nice exhaust and panel filter/ induction kit and leave the clio alone. Not many performance mods for them out their as they are so good at what they do already.
The ep3 as you know has a huge array of aftermarket parts.

You won't be disappointed in the clio I can assure you. Great little cars.

Ok thanks dude. I fitted some good yoko advan tyres to the civic and it does absolutely stick, but I have heard the clios are phenomenal in terms of B road handling. Only thing is be worries about is the poo gearbox and non jap reliability!

Ok thanks dude. I fitted some good yoko advan tyres to the civic and it does absolutely stick, but I have heard the clios are phenomenal in terms of B road handling. Only thing is be worries about is the poo gearbox and non jap reliability!

my gearbox held up fine. No problems. My manifold did however crack but was covered under warranty. No other problems in my ownership. Very reliable but not jap reliable.

Ride height re-adjusted. Think it's spot on now. Very happy with it. Full geo
setup tomorrow then hopefully that will be the handling sorted.

Got my control arms on today also and been informed my front lip Is in
transit, so hopefully not too long to wait now.

Needs a good clean and some tyre shine.

Then wait for the hardtop, order a duckbill spoiler and paint the wheels.

20140411_210103_353 resize by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140411_210104_109 resize by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140411_210103_792 resize by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140411_210104_402 by Mmmmit, on Flickr

Hey guys. Had my oem front lip fitted today and had to raise the ride height as the tyres were scrubbing the fenders pretty bad and the front was scraping on big dips in the road.
Drives brilliantly again, though can't help but think it sat better before being 10mm lower.

All comments welcome.
Tim

20140418_234151_976 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234151_575 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234152_753 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234148_962 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234147_240 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234148_579 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234147_726 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234148_133 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234149_812 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234149_482 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234150_532 by Mmmmit, on Flickr
20140418_234150_207 by Mmmmit, on Flickr

Why don't you just get the arches rolled then you can go back to the original lower height?

I got the geo redone this morning. Handles like a dream again. I don't want to molest my fenders in any way if I can afford not to. I don't buy into running mega wide, low offset wheels that take away from the handling of the car just for looks. Also tampering with the arches can affect resale of the car in future as not everyone will want a car with rolled/pulled fenders which may be more susceptible to rust also.

When I was lowered a further 10mm I found myself dodging every last impaction in the road and definitely could not drive the car like how it should be driven. Tyres were scrubbing and the sills where scraping bad.
When I finally get round to getting new wheels, I will be going for a set of volks/advans/ssr's which all come in s2000 fitment and don't require rolling anyway.

Back