• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ste's new car. Audi R8

For some reason I thought you were going track toy so was thinking Atom or Caterham.

I completely get where you were coming from with the Audi though. Stepped up into supercar ownership now IMHO. :)

Nice one fella. With a stroke of luck I can see myself in one of these one day... Awesome cars, a nice cut of special + controlled obscenity. Look forward to hearing more from it!

Nice car, the r8 is well known for being the reliable super car and it's good to see you've got the manual! The flappy paddle one can be expensive when if it breaks.

anyone know if I can get a mortgage on a car instead of a house lol

I knew back in September that one of these was an option, glad you've persevered for the right one, certainly looks a stunner.

For some reason I thought you were going track toy so was thinking Atom or Caterham.

I completely get where you were coming from with the Audi though. Stepped up into supercar ownership now IMHO. :)

Thanks buddy, I can't use my van out of work hours so it needed to be something I can go for a long weekend away etc in.

Nice one fella. With a stroke of luck I can see myself in one of these one day... Awesome cars, a nice cut of special + controlled obscenity. Look forward to hearing more from it!

Thanks mate, yeh it really is a ace car so I'd recommend it despite my brief ownership.
Certainly try a M3 though too, cracking car!

Nice car, the r8 is well known for being the reliable super car and it's good to see you've got the manual! The flappy paddle one can be expensive when if it breaks.

anyone know if I can get a mortgage on a car instead of a house lol

yeh had to be a manual! The r tronic is crap. Plus the click clack sound on the gear changes are mega!

I knew back in September that one of these was an option, glad you've persevered for the right one, certainly looks a stunner.

Cheers mate, yeh it was down to this or a Aston really

Exhaust prices are crazy:
*Capristo is £4000
*Scorpion is £1800 (retains OEM tail pipe)
*Milltek is £1600 or £2300 (depends on having second cats)
*Armytrix, fcuk knows but that will be loud!

I don't think £1600 is too bad, I paid close to £900 for mine, the R8 is basically a supercar and I imagine the R&D into a V8 exhaust is a lot more than that of a 4 pot. £4k though, that's pretty insane!

I don't think £1600 is too bad, I paid close to £900 for mine, the R8 is basically a supercar and I imagine the R&D into a V8 exhaust is a lot more than that of a 4 pot. £4k though, that's pretty insane!

Sorry I meant that the £4k one is crazy, I bet the Armytrix is a lot more as it's titanium whereas the others are stainless steel.

This is the Milltek, I would've thought it would be a little cheaper considering it's all at the back. It's also just a catback.

77.original.jpg

When you consider the Milltek catback for an S4/RS4 (more or less the same engine) is half that money, and needs to travel 2/3rds the length of the car, it seems clear there's a hefty R8-tax in play.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO they will charge more £ as the total units they will sell for the R8 will be less than the S4/RS4, so have to recuperate R&D costs slightly differently

Get a custom build. I paid Corvette tax for my exhaust and I've since met a bunch of people with custom built systems and they're every bit as good, ALWAYS fit better, and they're generally prestige-tax free as well.

And build in an exhaust cut out valve!!

I've never really liked the look of them, but I've never had the funds to be able to look at them properly! I'm sure you will enjoy it and you can update the long list of cars in your signature!

I've never really liked the look of them, but I've never had the funds to be able to look at them properly! I'm sure you will enjoy it and you can update the long list of cars in your signature!

Exactly how I've felt about these. The silvery bit on the side kills it for me.

I like the fact it goes from humble civic to an r8 :)

Well done in the car though ste, enjoy it! Would love to hear one with some aftermarket pipes ( I'm sure your share a video when this happens).

Amazing car for sure. I'm more intrigued about what you do for s living to buy such an exotic toy lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back