• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

New Civic Type R

The more I look at it the less I hate it but it's still not really what it should be.

Was the concept designed by the same person? This is what happens when marketing ****s get involved in areas they should stay well clear of. It's actually makes me angry they cocked this up!

So it's basically this:

honda_civic_type_r_002_0_0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
New Civic Type R

Sadly I think it is just gash looking and we will have to put up with it!

I will keep my money with Renault Sport. They are the king the hatches I reckon. They don't tame their designs like ford have done with the new RS, they actually design things that go fast and look good. Saying that I didn't like the new Megan but now I really like it.

I like the inside of it though.

Maybe the type R will grow me on me but at the moment I'm not in love.

New Civic Type R

I think it highlights that Honda should put less money into marketing and more into design/production - doh!

They are from a press day in Japan last year Geoff. It's not the finished car.

I still believe it'll be the real horned car on reveal day. I just don't believe they could screw up this badly. Honda always do their projects well! Look at the new NSX...

Hopeful guys....

That black one looks poo but a lot of that has to do with the paint too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White is a premium (GT) only colour, so this is the premium version. You can also tell from the front and rear parking sensors, the base model doesn't have those.

For the bull horn to fit, the rear light cluster would have to change, and the concept one blended into the wider rear quarter that just isn't there on this.

This is it I'm sure of it.

Plus CTRO have taken the pics down for fear of breaking a release embargo. I can understand that since they are involved in the #Redline thingy, the admins may have already seen press shots of it.

Honda have said nothing to me, so until they do I'll leave them up.

Maybe it's because I'm half asleep, but I've had a look at it again this morning, forgotten the concept and I actually quite like it. I'm very confused.

New Civic Type R

Its definitely a grower but it still doesn't really look like a nice car I wouldn't say. It's just too bitty and looks like everything is stuck on rather than seamlessly integrated. At least that pikey red rim tape will peel off I guess. Hate rim tape it looks so gash.

I do think it will look more impressive in the flesh. Photos never really do a car justice.

Also I do not understand why they insisted on those round fog lights rather than the led strips. Every car manufacturer is now using leds these round ones look outdated. Especially when the concept had the strips. Would have looked soooooo much better. Gaaaaaaah winds me up...

I honestly don't think I could park the white car on my drive without being sneered at by the neighbours.

I'm so hoping it looks better in another colour and there is a full leather option and a delete option for the red seatbelts, red steering wheel accents and red rim tape...

Lol my clio cup 200 is white (I sold my ep3 a few weeks back) but it is quite a guerrish colour. I don't mind that white or the red seat belts tbh. It's more the stuck on arches and bitty spoiler that cheapen it's appearance. To honest I hated the ep3 when it was first launched but then grew to love it. We shall see. Let's be honest, most Japanese cars do look a bit bitty they don't have the same designs as euro cars but it's kind of the style innit. I don't really like the fn2 shape but the integra and fd2 is pretty cool. Also look at the new Subaru it's also quite bitty looking but I saw one in Scotland on the flesh and it did look impressive.

Back