• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It'll probably look sh*te but be an excellent drive, imho the EP3 wasn't/isn't much to look at but was/is a good drive.

Very disappointed in that. I could live with extreme styling if it was all part of the flow of the car. That looks like a facelift 9G that has just had a bodykit added at a later date. It might just be the Champ White, I don't know.

No doubt it was the cheaper way to get it down the production line, but it's such a step away from concept. What a wasted opportunity, and I was so looking forward to it.

That spoiler is Fugly. Red seatbelts. Red rim tape effect on the alloys. Good God no, it's not 1996.

I guess I'll have to see what it looks like in the metal and in different colours but that, I really don't like. Poor show Honda. Which focus groups did you run this by before production? :picardfp:

If it looks the dogs bollocks It'll sell a few, if it looks like the latest pictures, not many and Honda will have wasted a hell of a lot of money.

Very disappointed in that. I could live with extreme styling if it was all part of the flow of the car. That looks like a facelift 9G that has just had a bodykit added at a later date. It might just be the Champ White, I don't know.

No doubt it was the cheaper way to get it down the production line, but it's such a step away from concept. What a wasted opportunity, and I was so looking forward to it.

That spoiler is Fugly. Red seatbelts. Red rim tape effect on the alloys. Good God no, it's not 1996.

I guess I'll have to see what it looks like in the metal and in different colours but that, I really don't like. Poor show Honda. Which focus groups did you run this by before production? icardfp:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Look at what ford did with the mark two focus rs...it started mental and stayed mental. I'm very disappointed.....

Really doesn't do it for me from what I can see.

Ride height looks high? It's on a four poster isn't it?

For some reason when I saw that spoiler I thought of these stupid things...

70f360dd5853dc966efdaa5b509b2b9b.jpg

The one in the background of the spoiler shot looks better with no spoiler fitted.

I think Honda have made a big poo poo on this. RS sales will do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really doesn't do it for me from what I can see.

Ride height looks high? It's on a four poster isn't it?

For some reason when I saw that spoiler I thought of these stupid things...

70f360dd5853dc966efdaa5b509b2b9b.jpg

The one in the back round of the spoiler shot looks better with no spoiler fitted.

I think Honda have made a big poo poo on this. RS sales will do well.
Agreed

New Civic Type R

Hmmmm.... This doesn't look good. Gutted. It is hard to tell how it looks from the photos but please tell me Honda did not look at forums and digest public opinion before creating this obscenity! Front looks ok. Gash round lights instead of led strips, and as Lox said the stick on arches are a bit pap and remind me of my old saxo. They'll get gaps in them after a while will just look tat. It's too bitty and that spoiler looks like something from a Halloween costume. Dear oh dear Honda what have you done. Who the hell says to you 'yes that looks great that design let's run with that for the production model'. People will pay a lot of money for something that looks fantastic. They will not pay slightly less but still a lot for something that looks heinous. Just do it properly FFS and design something stunning like the concept.

Could this just be a sick joke and the real thing is yet to come? I hope so.

My thoughts in the RS are that they've toned it down too much too. However Honda have gone the other way with this. Ah well, hopefully they will sort it on a face/arselift model.

That spoiler doh....maaaaaaaaan :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
If it even didn't have those gaudy little edges on the bottom of the spoiler it would look better. Give me a week on this and I would make it look great.

Very very poor show honda,,, rs hands down , still it will keep price of fn2s high as cant see many wanting drive around in that,,,,

Interior looks nice tbf. My clio 200 looks waaaaay nicer externally though

Back