• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Got a test drive booked for saturday, but its Just to much money for me still, it might be only a few hundred a month, but then it's 16k at the end. That final payment alone is more than my one year old FN2 cost me.

Paid £8k for my S2000. It's worth around £12k now. £4k gain in a year, not bad. :D

I want to.

People should take note that whoever seems to sit in one of these things is inclined to buy it. That says a lot about the quality of the drive. Wow since I ordered Saturday it's back to October now. My delivery date is 7th September. Feels like an age away.

I know. Dealer principle came over to explain it. He's ringing me in the morning to confirm.

John, can you actually sit down and be happy that Honda are asking you for £37,000 for a Civic?

Seriously??? :shock:

No, not really. I had no intention, driving it does weird things to you.

PCP/leases/finances seem to mask the true cost of cars to people IMO.

Indeed. £11.5k deposit, easy to live with figures for three years then still a huge amount to pay to keep it.

Good news on the brakes price, £1000 was mentioned over on civinfo & my arse twitched a bit :lol:

One of the first things he came out with, no prompting.

Got a test drive booked for saturday, but its Just to much money for me still, it might be only a few hundred a month, but then it's 16k at the end. That final payment alone is more than my one year old FN2 cost me.

You'll want to buy one.

Paid £8k for my S2000. It's worth around £12k now. £4k gain in a year, not bad. :D

I was saying this to Phil last night. Look at the prices of GT 100 Editions now, more than new!

I would not! definitely not bought at that deal shown above car in red is 32225 plus 500 for the service pack plus 140 for mats total is 32,865

Deposit as stated 11500 leaves 21 365 to put on finance over 3 years that would be at a true 3 flat about 700 for borrowing
so 22 065 divided by 36 gives 612 odd per month do it over 5 years and you get slightly more to pay back for borrowing 1100 so now its 21 365 plus int of 1100 22 465 divided by 60 payments that makes a more manageable 374 pcm with no baloon at the end and do as many miles as you like.....

The more you put in at the front end the better But the point is the cost for borrowing is less than you would get if you put the money in the bank at standard rates...

Total cost of car is just 1100 quid more than a cash buyer......PCP with offset lump sum at 6% means you are paying through the nose....straight finance is the way to go.

However this will all depend on your credit reference, and other things.....and if you can get the finance at this rate....

This is not financial advise and I am not a financial adviser - just a TRO who wants to see another one of these bad boys on the road.....and not for blood...

Run it by Nik at Warrington...

Loxy, presume the £11,500 is your FN2 + saved cash?

You can get a bank loan from Santander for £20k at 3.6% APR, would surely work out cheaper than a PCP deal? Depreciation dependant of course but the people that make up the PCP and lease figures are no idiots.

As above. Put as much forward and take a fixed rate loan from a bank for the remaining balance and you'll save a good wedge.

Charge for credit....almost 3500 no chance and a big lump sum at the end.....that they will want you to finance......so could rise to 5k for borrowing as they wont be motivated to give it to you at a low rate - the opposite will be the case....

Zopa loans are the way forward. I've financed three cars this way. Really low interest rate and you can overpay as much as you like. Each overpayment knocks interest off so your monthly payments go down. As long as you have a good credit rating no other loan company can touch Zopa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those figures do not stack up to me on that PCP, The Hire Purchase Charge seems excessively high? Is that correct?
That looks like 5.9% on the full value of the car over three years?

I got my new car partially via a bank loan, 3.6% APR for 3 years from First Direct. I'd definitely look around for finance options at the moment, as there are some good deals going.

Anyway, I'm intrigued to have a go in one of these to compare to the A45 AMG. I've no doubt that it'll be a completely different drive, but it'll take some going to beat the smile per mile ratio.

You really found the A45 AMG that good? I drove one in Snowdonia, it was excessively bone shaking stiff, slower than my Evo, the pops and bangs were fun for about 3 seconds and I felt it didn't handle anywhere near as well as what my Evo IX did. Just lacked feel, turn in and understeered a lot. Fantastic interior though.

I don't have an Evo 9. I drive a Fiesta.

But yeah, loved it. I'm an immature chav at heart so loved the exhaust. Don't mind a firm ride (oi oi). Again, the AWD handling did outperform the FWD fez.

Loxy, presume the £11,500 is your FN2 + saved cash?

You can get a bank loan from Santander for £20k at 3.6% APR, would surely work out cheaper than a PCP deal? Depreciation dependant of course but the people that make up the PCP and lease figures are no idiots.

That's it yes. It also worked out that £11,500 is the maximum up front payment they can put on the PCP deal.

As per VtecLad, I'm currently on the PC running the numbers on personal loans to see where they drop out at.

Those figures do not stack up to me on that PCP, The Hire Purchase Charge seems excessively high? Is that correct?
That looks like 5.9% on the full value of the car over three years?

It should be 5.9% on the balance to finance which is circa £21k.

Sensible head on, the figures don't add up for me. It's either a ridiculous sum per month or a smaller sum over a ridiculous term.

Que Sera

I seriously want to know how good the FK is but I daren't drive one if it convinces you to sign the dotted line. Can't afford that shiz at the min

Back