• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Being honest, it is the wait, the rumours and seemingly everyone except me having their delivery dates moved that is ****ing me off. I'm not sure I believe my dealer is even checking and is really just paying me lip service. It seems like Honda really cannot do a car release and orders are being moved here and there and all over the place, and right now at this moment in time, I don't want to give them my money.

BMW have stated 10 weeks from order to delivery and it is cheaper. Top of the C segment model range from Honda is more expensive than the equivalent BMW. I can't get my head round it.

10 weeks is bloody quick. I think the guy who I bought the S3 off only waited around 15 weeks for his new Audi from order to delivery, although they were quite vague with him as to the cars whereabouts. It might be a dealer thing and maybe the BMW dealer is making promises when they shouldn't? IDK

Would be interesting to see your Honda dealers reaction when you said cancel the order I am going for a BMW. :D See if they would then pull their finger out and speak to Honda UK on actual delivery.

But agreed the wait times are crazy for the new CTR. But be fair guys NORRO only has one pair of hands to build 30 cars a day. :D Didn't he mention they were building a lot for JDM at the moment?

It seems like Honda really cannot do a car release and orders are being moved here and there and all over the place, and right now at this moment in time, I don't want to give them my money.

They're not alone, my delivery for the new commuter wagon has nearly doubled from original estimate. At long last I've got a confirmed factory exit date of 2 weeks time. I'm not surprised you're looking elsewhere, the only reason I haven't gone anywhere else is that it would cost considerably more (probably 50%).

However, the BMW will probably seem a bit less special, it looks largely like any other 1-series and there are lots of 135is out there, whereas the Civic is new, rarer (for the moment) and much more overt in appearance. Dare I say it, the BMW is also a wee bit dull in "normal" usage? Are these things important to you?

When I'm driving to/from work and I take the back roads, I want it to feel like a racer, but driving to the in-laws with the wife and kids, then wafting in comfort mode has its appeals. The latter is not something I've experienced with my cars for a while, relatively since we do have the 1.8 Civic for a lot of the mundane duties.

The other flip of the coin is I'm sure I could park the M135i outside the gym at night (24 hour gym) and no-one would touch it. I'm not sure I could say the same of the CTR.

I'm talking myself out of it here aren't I?

Yes Loxy. But it is your money and your decision. I get paranoid leaving my EP3 around :D

Was the waiting times for the EP3 and FN2 as long when they first launched?

Next year for me.

Hasn't stopped me looking. :D

I've actually started thinking about the E90 M3 instead of the E92, coupe's are a PITA at times.

Can the FK2 actually do wafting?

The biggest question you have to ask yourself is why almost since the day you put the deposit down, have you been considering / looking at / talking about different cars?

The biggest question you have to ask yourself is why almost since the day you put the deposit down, have you been considering / looking at / talking about different cars?

Good point Ed. I'd want to be 110% if dropping over 30 large on a brand new car.

If it had arrived within weeks, as any car just released with only two trim levels and all options dealer fit, should do, then I would have been oblivious and be happy driving around in it.

As it is I've had two and a half months with another month and a half to wait, to think it over.

There's no doubting the Civic is a cracking package, but so are a lot of other cars in different ways.

Being honest, it is the wait, the rumours and seemingly everyone except me having their delivery dates moved that is ****ing me off. I'm not sure I believe my dealer is even checking and is really just paying me lip service. It seems like Honda really cannot do a car release and orders are being moved here and there and all over the place, and right now at this moment in time, I don't want to give them my money.

BMW have stated 10 weeks from order to delivery and it is cheaper. Top of the C segment model range from Honda is more expensive than the equivalent BMW. I can't get my head round it.

Best look for another TRO site owner while you ponder. ;)

HONDA FTW

Is it a new civic you want or just want a new car? If you'd been told from the get go how bad delays etc are would you have bothered to move on the FN at all or kept it then considered changing next year?

If I had been told how bad delays were going to be I wouldn't have sold the FN2 10 days after putting a deposit on the new car.

I said this to someone earlier.

I'll see how Sunday goes. I still want the Civic, just not sure it's feeling special for me any more. The delays are taking the shine off it. Honda have made a proper mess of this right from the concept ad campaign to releasing something different, then no news for months then all of a sudden demos appear in showrooms and now three months later and I'm still without a car since I sold mine straight away not wanting to get caught with it if it got delivered early...
Aye, slightly ****ed off customer. Haha.

Spending £33k on a car it should feel pretty special, and with the Civic right now it's not so I want to tell them to shove it to be honest.

The BMW dealer by contrast have been emailing me all week with info but putting giving snippets on the car in the footer, or attaching a little pic similar to what I've spec'd. They're actually making me feel like a customer rather than a nuisance.

I'm going to ring HUK in the morning to see whether they can tell me when the expected delivery date is. A long shot really, I doubt they would, but my dealer sounds like a stuck record.

Careful John, the more you're posting, the more you sound like you"ve made a decision

I have phoned Honda UK this morning. Based my order date, my order falls into the range that will be delayed and will be four weeks later than my original delivery date.

So basically, my dealer has been telling me porkies.

I've escalated it for a member of the customer services team at HUK to get a more specific response, rather than what the call centre have been told. So I am waiting for a call back.

So yeah. I'm spitting right now.

Keep calm Loxy. I would fully understand if you said **** this i am out after all of the faffing about and lies from the dealer trying keep you hanging in there.

Honda have made a total ballsup with this car. From the massive marketing campaign on the car that isn't the same as the one on the road to not being able to keep up with orders months after they went on sale. They can at least give the customers who have ordered and are forking out allot of money for it a discount or some other type of compensation for their pain.

I do really like it and the appeal of it being quite a rare sight on the road compared to all of the dull looking Audi and BMW's running about.

Hopefully you get some answers from HUK sharpish.

Gutting John. I'd be pushing for some sort of extra discount/re-imbursment or an additional sweetener of some sort.

Drop the "I want my money back in full" grenade if required.

Back