• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Starting to think the FK is a wiser choice considering DC5, S2K and FD2 prices rising.

EP3 prices aren't and the DC5 and FD are imports which could be why. Can't comment on the S2K, just assuming there's not many dogs about.

I thought so too. I sent this to the dealer as an example of the spec I wanted, but in Estoril Blue. http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...35i-5dr-step-auto/4707897#rCyOQtstPj5GUcXS.03

He came back saying that car new for the spec was roughly £35k. With discount though you should be able to get that to within £2k of that used price, closer if I took their finance.

This is the spec I've come up with: mybmw.co.uk/m0e3f6p8

£37k list, but going off what the dealer is saying it will come in at less than the FK2 GT, and the Beemer is a very nice place to sit for that money.

I've emailed him my spec and he is ringing me back this afternoon.

BMW also do a 5 year service pack for £500.

Yeah mine was about 38. Might speak to one and see.

Still with RWD i might kill myself.

Whenever I configured them that's the colours I chose, I call it the Superman spec.

I wasn't sure about red leather and Estoril Blue, but I love that colour interior so it's what I would have to get.

Honda also does a 5 year service for 550 I believe

They do, that's why I mentioned it with the BMW. It certainly brings the cost of ownership down!

Still with RWD i might kill myself.

Dooks is constantly at me about RWD, apparently it's the way forward or something.

RWD is easier than FWD. In FWD if you get it wrong and lift, it can snap oversteer. In RWD it will more than likely correct itself. Especially with something that has traction control.

Same as any car though, drive it like a tit and you'll probably crash.

I highly doubt I'll ever own a performance FWD car again, unless it's a cheap EP3 or similar as a daily. Main car will be RWD from now on. :)

The M is a great car but it does look uber boring compared to the civic. I still really like them in white. Looks so mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure about red leather and Estoril Blue, but I love that colour interior so it's what I would have to get.

They do, that's why I mentioned it with the BMW. It certainly brings the cost of ownership down!

Dooks is constantly at me about RWD, apparently it's the way forward or something.

Yeah red lether looks good but was looking agan at the dark grey exterior.

only do 6k a year though unless go major tracking it

Spoke to the dealer. That spec car I posted earlier with service pack and 17" winter wheels package comes in at £33,280.

Cheaper than the Civic plus it includes a spare set of wheels and tyres.

I've arranged a test drive on Sunday. Facelift with the semi-auto box.

Delivery would be 10 weeks from order, so I would be looking at roughly between Christmas and New Year.

Loxy.....what are you doing?! :)

Loxy gave up on the FK2 as I got his K20 C1 in my EP3 instead. Joking aside how are you doing with the FN2 Mugen? :D

Wow interesting link to the 2017 CTR lol

Can't say I like the Urban camo paint option lol..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to the dealer. That spec car I posted earlier with service pack and 17" winter wheels package comes in at £33,280.

Delivery would be 10 weeks from order, so I would be looking at roughly between Christmas and New Year.

cam you pm me dealer & spec please mate.

insurance inder £600 so a result.

Joking aside how are you doing with the FN2 Mugen? :D

Very well thanks mate. At 38K miles at the moment. I get the train as much as possible with work for meetings, but I've kinda stopped worrying too much about putting some miles on it and just enjoy it now.

cam you pm me dealer & spec please mate.

insurance inder £600 so a result.

Will do when I get on the laptop in a bit bud. Same on the insurance for me, Direct Line cheapest so far...

Checked out the depreciation ?

You're thinking about buying a new car and you haven't considered residuals? :D

With leasing, if the deal is good for the customer, it usually means the residuals are strong. The leasing company make up any loss in future value by having a poor deal. The people that set the lease values are not stupid. I'm by no means a new car buying expert, but this is what I've read and due to the fact the FK2 has little to no discount available suggest that the depreciation isn't going to be very nice. Could be complete nonsense of course and I stand to be corrected.

Generally, the cheapest cars to lease are those with a low monthly payment created by a low lease price combined with a high residual value, which can depend on car make and model.

http://www.leaseguide.com/articles/cheapest-car-lease/

US site but the principles are the same. There's been a few articles in What Car? and similar mags/online sites.

Few other articles around that explain it much better than I can.

You're thinking about buying a new car and you haven't considered residuals? :D

You know us city workers Dooks. it grows on trees.

If i buy new it'd be a long term 10 year motor potentially as id have a loan for 5 years so always saw it as irrelevant.

Nationwide's still looking good as for £25k over 5 years you pay back 27.5k. Hopefully wouldnt need that much but will weigh it up in Jan/Feb.

Back