• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Saw this earlier.

e70793b2b4ce1ca1d4e1a5524205019f.jpg

I'd have one of these.. Not am m135i though. Neighbour has one and it looks rep-mobile tastic.

You can get a mint e92 M3 for 25k which is a brilliant car. Also the new F80's are coming down and should be under 40k soon.

E92 M3 is next on my radar. It's between that and a 997 anyway, will obviously look again when it's time to move on from the S2000.

cam you pm me dealer & spec please mate.

insurance inder £600 so a result.

Sales Manager at Berrys Heathrow is known to offer probably the best deals in the country, has sold by far and away the majority of cars on the babybmw forum (assuming he's still there, this is working on info from last year before my head got turned elsewhere)

E92 M3 is next on my radar. It's between that and a 997 anyway, will obviously look again when it's time to move on from the S2000.

They are fantastic cars. My friend has ran two of them and with BMW warranty they are not much more to run than a Type R.

My friend who I got my Evo X off a few years back now had an E92 M3, he only had for little less than a year
Before he sold it as he said it was just so boring to drive his words were Its an old mans car no feeling to it at all
He sold it and got an Evo 9 said it was far more fun to drive

Its a 1-series.
As the FK2 is still a Civic, and I would have a Civic over a 1-series.

Plain simple. Cant understand what you see in the 1-series.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Me personally, I'd have an A45 over the BMW, even then I'd rather a CLA. They pop and fart all over the place, plus now I appreciate how good it is having 4 driven wheels.

Me personally, I'd have an A45 over the BMW, even then I'd rather a CLA. They pop and fart all over the place, plus now I appreciate how good it is having 4 driven wheels.

[video=youtube;o3VrlDxzT6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3VrlDxzT6E[/video]

Straight six sounds much better than the Merc 4 pot IMHO.

Straight six sounds much better than the Merc 4 pot IMHO.

Hold on, you prefer the sound of the engine or the exhaust? lol. Engine in the BMW sounds better for sure, but as the standard exhausts go, the AMG popping and banging gets my vote. The M135i can come with a performance exhaust though, which I do like, but some people find them raspy.

That exhaust on the vid is popping away, pretty similar to a 5-pot Focus TBH. I think the Merc crackling etc would get tiresome on a daily.

Essentially, yes straight six engine note is far better than the Merc and the CTR for that matter. The whole sound of the new CTR is very underwhelming IMHO.

I've driven both the A45 AMG and the M135i and there's no contest IMO. The M135i is a much better drive and sounds much better.

Isnt there about a 10k difference in price between the AMG & the M135i?

Did you not notice how small the A Class boot is? I think that would be my main struggle given the choice between cars. The new Civic has a lovely sized boot, well it's huge.

Pretty sure the N55 in the M135i is used in the M3 and M4 but tuned up, or it's an engine based on the N55. I've always rated them. But I've had a non-res Piper cat back on the Civic for the past 5 odd years, don't think I'd be bothered with the noise of an AMG engine :lol: I'm still a hooligan at heart.

The wife's Civic will be used for the main boot loading duties like going to the tip, occasional shop or trips with suitcases, so it leaves my car to be a bit less impractical, but that being said 5 doors and 4/5 seats is a stipulation since there are 3 sometimes 4 of us that might need to be out in it at the same time. :)

Isnt there about a 10k difference in price between the AMG & the M135i?

Basic I think it's:
A45 is £38k
CLA is £42k

M135i is £33k so yeah :lol:

So really the M135i should be compared to a Golf R/Audi S3 maybe and the Merc's should be contending with the new RS3.

Although if you were to spec up a Golf R to have the same toys as an RS3 their prices are very close.

The wife's Civic will be used for the main boot loading duties like going to the tip, occasional shop or trips with suitcases, so it leaves my car to be a bit less impractical, but that being said 5 doors and 4/5 seats is a stipulation since there are 3 sometimes 4 of us that might need to be out in it at the same time. :)

If I were in your shoes it would be the M135i all day long. The missus' old 1 series was really practical, we got so much into it yet it was still a relatively small car, 4 large adults would sit in it fine.

Back