• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I hope it looks like a little shrunk NSX. The NSX makes me moist.

Suffice to say I disagree. Unless we're talking about the original NSX. The new one lacks class. Plus if they were planning on something to compete with (and be similarly sized to, according to a few articles I've skimmed) the MX-5 then all this extra garishness will be like someone ran out of ideas and just kludged random fixtures together.

I completely agree the original NSX is classic and beautiful.

I really like the new styling direction at Honda, some of its not pretty looking, sure, but i like the ethos behind the styling. Its like 'hey, we're a japanese manufacturer and we're making overtly Japanese cars and we're proud of that'.

I wouldn't say Honda aren't classy but realistically the western public don't assosicate Japan with class so Honda aren't going for that image. Generally the japanese are associated with wild, weird, technology and tradition. All things that the cars they build reflect.

I completely agree the original NSX is classic and beautiful.

I really like the new styling direction at Honda, some of its not pretty looking, sure, but i like the ethos behind the styling. Its like 'hey, we're a japanese manufacturer and we're making overtly Japanese cars and we're proud of that'.

That's the thing though (and where I disagree most strongly). The design principles of the newer Hondas (to me at the very least) do not look overtly Japanese. They've taken up the aggressively American design cues (especially with regard grille/nose design, but other areas too). It's like they've been put on steroids for no purpose other than looking bulkier. "Pre-riced", if I wanted to be bitterly antagonistic.

I had a good poke around and sit in one at Chiswick Honda where they are London's dealer while I was waiting for paperwork on the 8. To be honest, left me pretty cold. Not sure why you'd have one over the others at that price range, but then maybe that's the appeal.

Hio fantheman
How did you get your chassis number. I just popped into my dealer to get my reg etc and they showed me a email from Honda saying NO chassis numbers will be given out to the dealers untill 1st september. From the 25th of this month the dealers will get the first bunch of delivery dates

My sales guy sent me my Vehicle Registration Confirmation from the DVLA which I needed to sign and return. Has the car details including Vin, Reg, my details etc

Weird how different dealers operate within differring info......!!!! When did you order Mathew B?

I ordered it 3 months ago. I do hate dealers ,they are so full of (nasty things). Although I did see the honda email regarding this . It defo said no chassis numbers to any type r untill September.

Not sure i have ever had to sign anything from the dvla before picking a car up. Have you got private plates ?

Not sure i have ever had to sign anything from the dvla before picking a car up. Have you got private plates ?

Nope, just got my new 67 plate on that's it.

Never bought new so all new to me! Maybe as i put deposit in March I was one of the pre-orders and got the 'first batch' if such a thing exists.

I never experienced it with the FK2 either,
I was emailed a list of plates, had to choose one and they sorted it all out.
I paid 2 visits during the year wait and the only time I signed any paperwork was when I was handed the keys, from what I remember there was no mention of chassis numbers either.
I suppose it differs from dealer to dealer, what you might/will find is as soon as you drive out the helpfulness stops.
There's good Honda dealers out there you just need to find one, unfortunately you only find out reputations come warranties & services

I had my FK8 test drive today, i won't go into the what i liked and what i disliked details as they've already been covered. Suffice to say i'm in the camp of - i won't be changing my FK2 in for one.

Its just not enough of a leap forward for the money involved although i did very much like it and, given the choice, money no object, i would choose the FK8 over an FK2 every time.

Something interesting though, i said during the test-drive, 'this just isn't extra leap forward in power you'd expect in a new model' and the unexpected reply i got was 'there could be an RR model when the car eventually gets facelifted'.

Personally, i think he was a bullshiter, he was talking a lot of crap.

Honda have confirmed more variants are coming.

“We’re hoping that by gradually putting out more [variants] that we’ll be able to maintain a more stable sales volume,” Hideki Matsumoto, chief engineer for the Civic model range, told Automotive News through an interpreter at a media event here this month.

Atop Honda’s list is a more hard-core version of the Type R with more horsepower. Honda also is considering a toned-down version “focused more on the grand touring aspect” that would broaden the car’s target market, Matsumoto said.

Mugen RR would no doubt be a limited run, big bucks and more than likely an import job.
Be nice if mugen do jump on the 8 with an actual car and not another kit job

Mugen RR would no doubt be a limited run, big bucks and more than likely an import job.
Be nice if mugen do jump on the 8 with an actual car and not another kit job

Can we please not talk about an RR version before I've even picked up my car??? ;)

Damn if they make an RR I'm in on that

Can we please not talk about an RR version before I've even picked up my car??? ;)

Damn if they make an RR I'm in on that

I just wish mugen would do a Mountune and bring out warranty friendly upgrades for the R....

Not sure we'd see much improvement on any 0-60 times though, every vid I see and experiencing it a bit myself on the test drive, getting the power down seems tricky enough with 316

Back