• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I got my reg number and chassis today. It's still looking good for collection on the 1st or 2nd if the car actually turns up on time next week.
Just spoke to my dealer regarding alloy wheel protection and he said definitely available for the type r (I'm sure he is wrong) so have said yes to that at 350 squid

I got my reg number and chassis today. It's still looking good for collection on the 1st or 2nd if the car actually turns up on time next week.
Just spoke to my dealer regarding alloy wheel protection and he said definitely available for the type r (I'm sure he is wrong) so have said yes to that at 350 squid

Nice one!! Sh1ts getting real....

Still being told the 8th for delivery but we shall see...

Did you get the Autoglym thingy?

Not sure we'd see much improvement on any 0-60 times though, every vid I see and experiencing it a bit myself on the test drive, getting the power down seems tricky enough with 316

Realistically we've hit the limits of what a fwd car can achieve 0-60. I can't ever see a sub 5 second 0-60 from any OE production car. Once up and rolling there's still room for increased performance, lap times etc. But 0-60. No. Not really.

what the...? £350 for alloy wheel protection?? I'm positive the sales girl told me it was £150.

Was probably going to go for that. Not at £350 though.

not really sure on gap insurance. I've taken it before but I'm not really sure it's worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no way you should be letting a dealer do paint and/or alloy protection. Find a decent detailer and get them to do a proper job.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is no way you should be letting a dealer do paint and/or alloy protection. Find a decent detailer and get them to do a proper job.

He is referring to alloy wheel insurance.

As jason said, he's talking about insurance.

i.e. From what I was told you pay for £150 and if you scuff your alloy during the 1st 3 years you can get free repairs done up to about 15 times. (can't remember the exact figure)

Word of warning on using 3rd party insurers however. Most don't cover the diamond cut alloys so make sure if you are thinking of a non-dealer insurance, that it covers the alloy you have.

I'm going up to my dealer tomorrow to pay some more down on the car , will get a breakdown of gap insurance etc whilst I'm there and report back.

Friend of mine sent these .. looks very nice in BSB. Possibly another fk2 convert

b95411a2f3047230f14008f2434ee696.jpg
881f9b7d7114e210d87a752fd7c63ffb.jpg
341a86a3e5d045c31c6881aaf9f3dae3.jpg

Ok so just about to jump into an FK8 for an extended test drive. Finally I'll be able to weigh up the looks vs performance.... more later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back