• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Iainux, looks stunning mate

Ian do yours ever go rusty when you wash it or it rains?

In other news, despite having 1) Reversing Camera, 2) Reversing beeps 3) Cant use the wing as an excuse - I managed to reverse into a nice Merc A class the other night. I was at the gym and something (or somebodies) distracted me... Due to the 'busyness' shall we say of our rear ends with quite a few different angles and contact points, made a bit of a mess of her wing with minor cosmetic damage to mine - heart breaking....

I took out Smart Insurance, but while they will happily look at the inch or so scratch, they wont touch the Piano Black trim chips. Anyone who had/has an FK2 dealt with these or have any advice? Would other smart repairers have a go? Will post in that section to...

My discs, car stood for 2 days,
I've also seen it happen the day after a wash, not only do they stand out a mile they also leave your clean alloys and front fenders in rust dust after braking

My discs, car stood for 2 days,
I've also seen it happen the day after a wash, not only do they stand out a mile they also leave your clean alloys and front fenders in rust dust after braking

Same here! Mine has only done 130ish miles. Apparently driving more gets rid of it! Mine is 5915. On a separate note has anyone noticed a vibrating noise in the dash when you reach 3,000rpm when the engine is warmed up?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep although it comes and goes.... If you hold the centre console, mine flex's quite a bit - wonder if its this on its mount points...

My car got built yesterday! expected 21st....Can't wait to pick It up!

Keeping my eyes peeled for the mishimoto / injen intake which seem to be nearly ready

I recorded my brake squeak last night but as im not computer friendly i cant seem to post it. Any ideas ?{in stupid terms }. Also want to send it to Honda uk

I've uploaded and embedded a few videos from my phone using flickr recently, wasn't too difficult. Download the app for a start and get yourself an account if you don't already have one.

I'm embarrassed just watching that. Thats nasty. That would certainly take the joy out of owning the vehicle for sure.

My FK2 goes through the odd phase of Brembo brake squeal, but its not as loud or intrusive as that.

Is this with hard braking or just soft braking or both, does sound bad :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've tried everything.

Such as? (apologies if you've already said earlier in the thread)

# added/removed shims/backing plate?
# copper grease to backing plate?
# checked the pad surface for large chunks of metal material (presuming the pads are sintered) - if so are there organic options instead?
# make sure there are no stones etc. lodged in the system - checked the discs for any scoring?

Half a dozen or so hard braking stops in quick succession from the national speed limit will have them sounding much better in my experience.

Back