• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by gtbloke

1. gtbloke

EP3 Selecting first gear

Knackered clutch or slave cylinder or both.
  2. gtbloke

EP3 new to the forum

Go for an aem v1 / aem cai ( sits in the inner wheel arch ) made a difference to my stock ep3 and much much better than short ram kits that sit in engine bay, with aem cai, your exhaust/decat and a k100 live mapped you shouldn't be too far off 220bhp p.s - the injen kits are the same as aem cai...
  3. gtbloke

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

You don't need to remove the blanking plate plenty of cold air gets into that area and it really does make a noticeable difference to how the car performs, I fitted a similar kit to an old mg zs180 I had years back and it gained around 6-7 bhp on that particular car as the standard setup was...
  4. gtbloke

Abs light on

Just a quick question.. do the generic obd2 readers read abs fault codes or am I peeing into the wind? its definitely either a dirty or faulty sensor but would rather plug it in and find out which one rather than take them all out and guess :) Cheers Dave
  5. gtbloke

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

I have the aem cai on my otherwise stock ep3 and have never had an issue with it yet, if you drove through a deep puddle at speed I suppose your asking for it! The car also performs much better with it fitted, better than the short ram kit I had on it and better than the oem box it also sounds...
  6. gtbloke

EP3 Another ep3 off the road for good

That's a nasty one.... sad to hear about the passenger the driver needs to be locked up imho !!!
  7. gtbloke

EP3 Whats it worth????????

4.5 / 5k is realistic I reckon
  8. gtbloke

EP3 This is why i love the civic type-r

Good replies... I'm going down the remap route as it is all to easy to drop out of vtec unless you are super accurate with your shifts ( just like I was not in my video haha ) a lower vtec point will be beneficial in real world driving and the higher rev limit is also nice :) fao ninja9 - Cpl...
  9. gtbloke

EP3 Just won this on ebay..

Is not proven but it definitely made my ep3 go a lot better imho with intakes I would say this is one of the best you can get bar the very expensive gruppe m jobbies!
  10. gtbloke

EP3 This is why i love the civic type-r

After driving trucks all week it is great to get into something that sounds and accelerates like the ep3 does :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLhaeCS7Hc&feature=youtu.be
  11. gtbloke

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

Aem v2 is the short ram kit that sits in the engine bay... will do naff all for power but will sound nice! the aem v1 / aem cai is the kit that sites the filter in the wheelarch behind the foglight/cover this kit will and does improve the cars performance, I went from a v2 style kit to the aem...
  12. gtbloke

EP3 New Civic Type R Concerns !Help Please!

100 % what the above poster has said... would do the clutch 1st then get a 4 wheel alignment done then sort out the heatshield rattle if that's what it is and you will have a spot on car hopefully p.s - mine is getting awkward to get in gear sometimes when in vtec so clutch time for me too :)
  13. gtbloke

EP3 My ep3 type r

For road use oem / mintex or the likes will be fine.
  14. gtbloke

Get a 2nd hand aem cai (v1) fit a decent aftermarket catback and pop on a Cpl reflashed ecu (hondata with base map on it) the car will definately perform better remap will lower vtec and raise rev limit. That's my plan anyhow.. I found an aem cai on ebay for under £90 and it has definitely...
  15. gtbloke

I used to have a short ram kit on mine... if anything it made it slower, went back to oem for a bit, have now fitted a long arm aem kit (sits behind the bumper) and it pulls loads better and sounds lovely... have driven it in the ****ing rain and not had any issues !! for performance fit aem...
Back