• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by mitchtype-r

1. mitchtype-r

Air box cover

Have you tried wd40 on the screws and using a pair of grips to undo them? Failing that using a dremel to grind the heads off and then remove the top part of the box grind the screws that are in the bottom half down a bit then drill the rest out! Obviously taking the air box out first if you can...
  2. mitchtype-r

astra vxr/ civic type r ep3

baseball cap+tracky bottoms+baggy top+attitude problem+no respect+greasy hair=chav also
  3. mitchtype-r

Air filter element advice

I've changed my filter for a inJen cai so I have a itg filter for the standard air box its only done a couple thousand miles max so is like new still I could let you have it for next to nothing if your ever around the south west?
  4. mitchtype-r

New member looking to buy

Welcome Paul What colour have you gone for dude?
  5. mitchtype-r

astra vxr/ civic type r ep3

Stick with the type-r mate street racing or not quicker or not the civic type-r has 1 thing over the vxr and that's class I've been in a astra vxr and my mates monaro vxr they 're over rated unlike the type-r which everyone knows and can't dispute is a great car :)
  6. mitchtype-r

EP3 6 year service - on 50k at moment

The valve clearances are a 1 hour job which shouldn't cost any more than £100 max mine cost £80 at my local Honda garage :)
  7. mitchtype-r

bhp question??? please share your knowledge

That's fair enough thanks for the reply I don't want to cause you or anyone hassle everyone should be able to share there opinions and experiences with others to help others avoid having problems without fears of legal action or any other kind of hassle! This country has gone to pot when you...
  8. mitchtype-r

hi hasnic Why have they got a bad reputation on the forums? I've not heard of anyone having work done by them and having problems with what's been done Who would you personally recommend using for modifying and garage work? Also if anyone else has suggestions on who they recommend using...
  9. mitchtype-r

Hi Jamest yeah I know what your saying but cpl are not just advertising in there lots of the guys that show off there cars that are modified are in there have had there cars done there which is not down to cpl paying the magazine! I know cpl have a good reputation with people in the tuning trade...
  10. mitchtype-r

Depends if you know a local garage that would do it for you or if you have a mate that's a mechanic that could do it on the side it could cost as little as £20 cash for someone to do the work! Where do you live? If your local to me I know garages that would do it for a few quid on the side! I'm...
  11. mitchtype-r

Yeah that makes total sense piper is a good manifold which is not too expensive with a sports cat supplied and fitted is about £700 which will keep the car road legal but a decat is better for power but you will need the cat for mot time and if in the unlucky situation the boys in blue stop you...
  12. mitchtype-r

Hi frankstaH I would quote prices but its difficult as my ecu had been damaged by my local garage when they fitted a 02 simulator incorrectly which had to be diagnosed first! I had a inJen cold air intake supplied and fitted and a piper manifold and sports cat with es mounts a hondata k100...
  13. mitchtype-r

Jamest you were bob on with your guess work on bhp its now 175bhp at the wheels which I believe is around 210 at the flywheel I have to say a massive thankyou to cpl racing for the work they did on my car the power curve on the rolling road print out shows a near perfect power curve which is...
  14. mitchtype-r

knocking/tapping noise when i start engine in the cold?

That's not good dude I'm guessing that's going to be expensive to sort out!
  15. mitchtype-r

Ok cool I will ask them how much to supply an fit 1 when they have it as they can tune it with it on there thanks JamesT for your advise so I will post here to say what I get
Back