• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ultim8_Evil

A question

With my car in its current state of tune (see my sig) how much will it cost for a JRSC kit fully fitted all in inc VAT etc?
  2. Ultim8_Evil

RWYB April 1st

Anyone going? I have to be up at 4 in the morning to take my parents to the airport so I might as well stay in my car a bit longer and pootle down to Northants to kill my clutch. Now's the time to go, cool temps but (hopefully) dry and not as busy as in the summer.
  3. Ultim8_Evil

Could I get this fixed under warranty?

The bulb that lights up my Heated Rear Screen Button has blown :evil: Whilst I know it's "only a bulb" I don't fancy tearing my centre console apart to fix it if Honda will do it for me. Car has 11 months warranty remaining. Will they laugh me out of the dealership?
  4. Ultim8_Evil

DOT 5 Brake Fluid

We OK using DOT 5 silicone brake fluid in EP3's?
  5. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 A letter sent in to Auto Express re: The FN2

Letter "I've been planning to buy a hot hatch, and after reading your test, decided the Honda Civic Type-R was the one to go for. But when i visited my dealer, I found I couldn't order my favourite shade - white. I saw the prototype in that colour at the 2006 British International Motor Show...
  6. Ultim8_Evil

Which strut brace for use with A/C?

My CTR has A/C. From what I understand, this makes fitting a point-2-point struct brace a bit more difficult. I haven't got (and don't intend to get) a GruppeM kit so that isn't a problem. If I can help it, I really don't want to be rerouting brake reservoirs and A/C pipes. What do the...
  7. Ultim8_Evil

Engine torque damper

Which is the "best" ETD and why? Spoon? J's? Other makes? How much would I be looking at paying for one?
  8. Ultim8_Evil

Flip-out DVD players... HELP!

I know nothing about stereos. Can someone recommend a good headunit that will work with the bog standard Honda speakers with a flip-out DVD screen and MP3 capability? DAB and a TV tuner would also be nice. Budget for around 350-450 Thanks in advance
  9. Ultim8_Evil

FN2 This week's Auto Express magazine

Full road test and comparison of the new CTR. "A world apart from it's predecessor, which looked like a racing bread van" How two faced? I seem to remember Auto Express creaming their trousers when the EP3 came out. How times change. 1st - New CTR 2nd - New Cooper S 3rd - Focus ST2...
  10. Ultim8_Evil

Does Oilman still frequent this forum?

Does Oilman still pop on here now and then? Could do with a "friendly" price on 2 gallons of Silkolene Pro-S 5w-40 :wink:
  11. Ultim8_Evil

JDM CTR question

Is it just 5th and 6th that are shorter on JDM gearboxes or 4th too?
  12. Ultim8_Evil

Approx value of...

... 4 standard CTR alloys. 2 have "good" tyres" 2 have "ok" tyres 1 wheel is "kurbed" Don't know more details than this. Theres a bloke trying to sell some for his lad at work and I'm toying with the idea of getting them powdercoated.
  13. Ultim8_Evil

How easy is it...

...to take a doorpad off? Are there any single-use clips/fixtures that I should know about before attacking the job?
  14. Ultim8_Evil

New mods fitted today

Me and my mate spent the best part of 5 hours (with brews and a KFC break) fitting Tarox Frenitalia G88 40 Groove disks, Mintex Xtreme pads, Goodridge braided steel hoses and Dot 5.1 Fluid today. Obviously nothings bedded in properly yet, but :twisted: nonetheless.
  15. Ultim8_Evil

Fitting new front disks and pads

Is there anything of note different with the CTR when changing front disks and pads in comparison to other cars? Or is it just standard procedure? Haynes don't do a Type-R manual :x
  16. Ultim8_Evil

Goodridge braided steel brake lines

How hard are they to fit? Any how-to's anywhere?
  17. Ultim8_Evil

Millers Octane booster at TDi North

Anyone used it? I've got a mate who does stock car racing and he swears by it. Obviously there's a bit of difference between my engine and an F1 V8, but as I have no cat, I can use 2 bottles along with Shell V-Power to get a RON of about 103-104 :lol: Pointless?
  18. Ultim8_Evil

A response to my other thread... (UPDATE)

After having this thread locked because of pointless bickering, I just thought I'd let those who care know that the fault is a loose solder joint and is being sent back to the electronics company that does both CPL and TDi's KPRO conversions. So the people who flamed TDi North without knowing...
  19. Ultim8_Evil

Fault with car... quick reply needed

Had my own ECU put back in on Saturday to replace the one I was loaned by Paul at TDi North. Managed to drive the 30 miles home from his garage with no problems but when I came to start the car again, the engine light came on and the car won't rev over 4000. Tried plugging in the USB lead and...
  20. Ultim8_Evil

My car, my mods and my dyno run

2005 Civic Type-R Nighthawk Black AEM CAI DC Sports 4-2-1 Race Manifold Catalytic Converter Removed (obviously) Supersprint Unsilenced B-Pipe Magnex Twin 3" Backbox Hondata KPRO Front Foglights AirCon Here she is on a rolling road totally...
  21. Ultim8_Evil

Should I be disappointed?

Just had KPRO fitted to add to the list of mods in my sig. Made 237bhp at the fly and 176lb/ft. Think Paul said it was 196 at the wheels but I can't remember. Was I aiming my sights too high for 200 @ wheels / 240-245 at the fly with my mods? Or is something amiss?
  22. Ultim8_Evil

A bit of maths...

DC Sports Race Manifold + Supersprint Unsilenced B-Pipe + Magnex Twin 3" + AEM CAI = :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :D :D :twisted: :D Car is transformed, even before Kpro is on and mods are mapped properly. Old people walking dogs beware. :oops:
Back