• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. thorno_58

Very bad night in ep3 type r

Is / was the filter wet? It can still get soaked via the wheel arch.
  2. thorno_58

Quickshift induction?

Will sound well. You will be down on power. Heat soak factor. Standard air box would be much better :)
  3. thorno_58

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Looks very well indeed :)
  4. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

It's been a while since I last updated my build... Today I have been to Grinspeed to get a team m factory LSD fitted :) It's an awesome bit of kit. Not yet put it through its paces but I'm sure it will get some use :) Big thanks to stevie for working on my car. Some iPhone pictures from...
  5. thorno_58

ITG Maxogen EP3 fitting?

Mine makes a hum. It's normal. Almost like a fan running kinda noise. Had mine on for 4 years now its a great kit.
  6. thorno_58

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Nice car not seen this round stoke. Great spec also :)
  7. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Nice one people:-)
  8. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Thanks. It's not as spec'd up as others on here but it does the job :)
  9. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Mow cop castle in Stoke on Trent :-)
  10. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Thanks :-) wouldn't mind getting afew in under my belt. Always keep an eye out for oulton park. They always come up cheap when I can't get the time off work. Will keep looking. Germany is on the cards next year :-)
  11. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Latest update... Its been a while since ive last posted anything in my thread. Not alot has changed. More wax and various other cleaning products used haha. After having the coilovers fitted in january i have just been doing little bits 'n' bobs. All i need now is a LSD and some form of a...
  12. thorno_58

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Vtec is now @5200. It almost drives like a standard car now. With a defined change over. But no dip in power. It made 7bhp up on last time And 10lbft of torque. A little bit more mid range but not much has really changed since last time other than the PRC. How are you finding the diff? That's...
  13. thorno_58

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

Well done with the result! Was good to meet you @ tdi on Thursday.Mine made 243. Drives really well now. Enjoy :-)
  14. thorno_58

my long ass cosmic ep3 build!finally lowered

Nice thread this! Love the Toda! Really wanted one but couldnt get my hands on one @ the time. Ive also fitted inlet manifold and gearbox mount myself. Both fun jobs lol
  15. thorno_58

Integra DC5 - Dyno video page 3

Love the car! Perfect height. How do you find the BC's? Ive had some on my EP3 for over a month now loving them :)
  16. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Quick 3 hour detail... Not really anything to update. Had the day off work and decent weather :eek: so gave the car a quick clean which turned out to be a 3 hour detail. The winter has really taken its toll on my paint. Even with 8 coats of Dodo Juice wax its still covered in tar spots and...
  17. thorno_58

'99 ATR Pirates Black Pearl - Clutch problem

Bit over exposed at the top and the car is under exposed. The post is in the way abit aswell. I really love the picture with the cardboard box as the frame though good work :D
  18. thorno_58

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

What a build thread :cool:
  19. thorno_58

$$ davis $$ cosmic ep3 painted brake callipers

looks nice well done. Very clean looking. Wheels are a tad darker than mind by the looks of it. Hopefully get mine cleaned up again soon :)
  20. thorno_58

Getting rid of my BC coilovers

They go for around £120 on ebay. I may have some for sale as ive just made the move to BC coilovers.
  21. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

i see what you're saying. It's all part of the fun :)
  22. thorno_58

Stoo's '03 Artic Blue JRSC DC5

Love the car, always clean :) Really like the blue. Some great additions! More pictures needed :D
  23. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Yeah good plan. Honda want silly money for new caps and they go for £50+ used on ebay! Im sure they will look fine. The stickers are a really good idea and it does look better with matching caps. But as soon as they weather abit thats it. Very tatty. Hopefully you have deceded on a colour at...
  24. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

If you dont the caps were dull. The stickers wouldnt last 5 mins with hose pipe wheel brushes, micro fibres various cleaning products :S standard caps ftw :)
  25. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

I did have them done at 1st. The trouble is most places wont lacquer the centre caps after you stick the "H"s on. I did mine myself and the lacquer gets under the sticker and lifts it up. After a few weeks your nice new wheels start to look crap. So i had to get another set of caps to tidy it...
  26. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

As above gloss black looks nice! Id say silver or gloss black. I was the same on the day. Couldnt make my mind up so went for something in the middle :D
  27. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

i will dig some out. Nothing recent. Hoping for a detail and photoshoot friday (day off) will see what i can do. Loving the big ups for the Mugen :D thanks for the kind words every one.
  28. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

The colour is called course dark sparkle. Its not far off anthracite. Just has alot of flake in the paint.
  29. thorno_58

My new DC5 R

That is awesome! Really like that :)
  30. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Its 20mm lowered. Not loads. The twin loop was four figures. It will only fit a mugen centre section. Had it about 6 months now if not abit longer :)
  31. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

They sure are. Nearly been on the car a week now. The car corners really flat with little to no body roll. The ride is nice and smooth. Can feel every bump in the road but all in all so far so good.
  32. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Its been a while... Not been an update for quite some time. Since TDI North visit... Ive had wheels refurbished. A Mugen Twin Loop as the Spoon N1 was waaaaaay too loud! One of these and some of those Then some of these And my car now looks like this ...
  33. thorno_58

K20 FTW: Rota Torques in gunmetal

Awesome car! Must have missed afew months of upgrades through MSN. A gruppe M and spoon mono blocs!!!!! Nice one! Keep up the good work!
  34. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

A little update. Been saving quite hard the last few months. More nights in on the xbox and less nights out and about. Well its payed off as ive been able to take a trip to TDI North for Kpro and a DC sports manifold. Really happy with the car. It feels alot more alive. Vtec comes in much sooner...
  35. thorno_58

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Nice write up. Like how the mods were dated. Good quality photos aswell! :D
  36. thorno_58

My Milano 2008 Civic Type R GT

Very Smart. Red is the colour for them. With the Rage's. Very Clean.
  37. thorno_58

Difference between JDM ARB and EP3 ARB

not the best picture in the world but JDM on left standard on right. The back end is so much better with the JDM spec one. Stays alot flatter. Less roll. :D
  38. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

The standard pipes were close. im sure it will be ok. I have some heat reflective stuff. will get a small band of it and just put it around. cant see it doing any harm. job for my next day off :D
  39. thorno_58

Newan's 52 NHB. Type R number 1

Very Clean. Liking the badgeless look. Very smooth. Dog reflection shot is good aswell.
  40. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Ahhh thanks very much :) Ive not been able to get on the site all weekend so not seen it yet. But thank you.
  41. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Car is standard ride height. Standard set up apart from JDM rear ARB and Cusco front upper strut brace.
  42. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

I sure have, just taken afew now, not the best quality as its going dark and raining but this is as up to date as possable. Fitted SFS induction hose saturday night ;)
  43. thorno_58

itg maxogen/others

thats where mine came from. Took a week and abit to come as aparantly ITG make them to order. When that box comes though and you open it up to start building it all up. Its the best bit! :D
  44. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

How much? Swap for facelift seats + Cash??
  45. thorno_58

itg maxogen/others

I like mine. Think it looks and sounds smart! Quite dear but worth it. Here is a nice picture for you. haha
  46. thorno_58

My NHB

Loving the FN2 Wheels. My mate got some off Ebay the other Month. He also has a NHB. Not put them on it yet. Hes saving up for tyres! LOL
  47. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

I dont mind the picture. Mind your seats though. :lol:
  48. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Its an awesome place! Cant wait to go back next year. Here are afew more pictures :)
  49. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

It was the day it was fitted lol. Brand new. Looking a little rusty on the welds though :confused: Here is a little video taken in scotland last year. Sounds abit louder from the front now with the ITG. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibj5CeGZCX8 P.s thanks for the kind words everyone.
  50. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Yeah shall have to have alook into those and try and go. Be good see some local ones :D
  51. thorno_58

jrsc McPremier Update Pg 5 New Rims

Love the look of this civic. Not seen it around sunny Stoke though. Shall keep my eyes and ears open. haha
  52. thorno_58

SkellyOps' Bronze FN2 GT

Really smart that! Good colour :-)
  53. thorno_58

My 05 Cosmic EP3

Hello all. Had the car just over to years now. Dont think ive posted a thread yet :confused: Done afew bits 'n' bobs to her :D and still afew more to come. Here is the spec and afew pictures. Hondata Kpro. DC Sports Manifold. Mugen Twin Loop Cat Back. ITG Maxogen SFS Performance Induction...
  54. thorno_58

Rims and Brakes

looks quite smart the grey on grey. Id paint the other half of the calliper though ;)
  55. thorno_58

Rear Lighting Issue On 07 Civic**

Hi all. Just thought id share this with you all. my dad has the newer 07 style Civic. today he pointed out to me he has a an issue with the rear lights and he wanted me to help him check them... Basically when the headlights are on and the brakes are pressed while indicating the indicator...
  56. thorno_58

I'm new, my new CTR

Nice one on the car. Its kind of strange.... im 22 and own a zetec S, coming up to 3rd year and im hoping to get a CTR pretty soon aswell. Congratulations. Im sure its a nice move to make!
  57. thorno_58

Unsilenced Supersprint and stock backbox, video

That sounds really smart. Not 100% sure on that raspy sound on the gear changes though :?
  58. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

Whats one of them :wink: Only messin :lol:
  59. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

65? I cant wait that long. :? 22 is going to be long enough :)
  60. thorno_58

Finally the time has come!

Nice one :D
  61. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

possable cat d? seems abit to good to be true?
  62. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

:shock:
  63. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

Nice one :D its something else to look foward to i guess. I know its bad news for the current owners when prices drop, but i guess its good news for me. Im looking at a cosmic grey one most of them seem to be still fetching around 12K + if i can get one for 10k then im lookin mid next year...
  64. thorno_58

Cold Air Feeds

£25 from halfords for the small diameter one. :shock:
  65. thorno_58

First CTR Experience

Hi all. Lastnight was a first for me. For ages i have wanted to go out in a CTR. Not being able to test drive one at any garages yet so my only hope was to be taken out in one. Lastnight was the night. I saw a lad who i kinda know but dont if you understand me. Got talking to him and asked if...
  66. thorno_58

FN2 New 07 Type R official website

the wheels let it down a tiny bit i think. doesnt look much room of a gruppe m either :?
  67. thorno_58

red H is working now. the new type r does look stunning!
  68. thorno_58

ive just looked and clicked like mad. there isnt anything up there yet about the new type r. perhaps it will go on at dinner time or later tonight?
  69. thorno_58

Few more pics after a clean....

So much for the rarity :lol:
  70. thorno_58

Everyone seems to be getting DC5's now... thats got me thinkin... :?
  71. thorno_58

That car is 8)
  72. thorno_58

Noob here from SA with my DC2

poor teg :(
  73. thorno_58

My Black DC5

Nice. Think it looks better with the standard front bumper. Like the rear wing to. Cant fault the standad ones either :P More pics needed i think + lots of vids of it in action! :D
  74. thorno_58

Car back to stock.

is everyone selling up then? how come? bigger and better things?
  75. thorno_58

FAO HondaLewis

thats tidy!
  76. thorno_58

latest pics of the old girl

id have a silver one if it looked like that. thats really smart mate nice 1 8)
  77. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

i wish i could go. its to far though :?
  78. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

thats a shame its abit short notice and i will never get the time off work :( ive sat in one atleast, actually did a sat nav hardwire in a silver one afew months back. not sure if it anyone on here??? it was smart. the best bit was when i had the keys in my pocket and i was walking over to...
  79. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

i really need to go out in one/test drive one i think. ive never seen one in the flesh booting it. its hard to tell when your looking on a screen. i hope that makes sence.
  80. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

cool. i know its a daft question but are they slow standard? ive heard various things about them off different people.some saying they are fast others saying they are not. i cant see them being slow at all 197bhp etc. They arnt a "big, heavy" car either. ive seen loads of videos on the net to...
  81. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

10K price wise. not really thought about miles that much
  82. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

Do you think the 12K mark is to much? I keep looking on Auto Trader and they all seem to be above 10k at least.The odd cat D pops up but i dont really want one if i can help it. Id love a DC5 but i think they are abit to hardcore for me. The fact i get a semi everytime i see one doesnt help...
  83. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

The flywheel isnt really a major thing. I just want to find a tidy one that hasnt been thrashed (to much) and not to many miles on it. Im not sure on the colours i like the red and silver. I like detailing so id be looking at NHB or Cosmic Grey so i can have abit of fun with polish/wax etc. Im...
  84. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

fair points about the lights etc. i dont know. i just like the bumper on the face lift models more. i think the bumper looks meaner. the pre face lift bumper looks ok though. i guess a ctr is a ctr... right?
  85. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

seems like a good buy. im after a face lifted one though. prefer the front bumper more and i like the red interior bits.the lighter flywheel also seems like a plus. the colour is also an important factor to. i really like cosmic grey/NHB.
  86. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

thats a very tempting price. standard or with gruppe m etc?
  87. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

Thats the plan. if i can get one for less then that will be better. will be able to get one sooner aswell.
  88. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

halfords :oops: yeah prices drop more. im looking at spending around 12K ish on one. would really like a cosmic grey 1. :twisted:
  89. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

just noticed you from sandbach i live not 2 far away. work in crewe.
  90. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

Sorry :oops: Yeah im saving like mad. Not enought though.
  91. thorno_58

I Need A Civic Type R

As above. Its doing my head in not being able to afford one yet. I keep seeing them on the road. The more and more I see one the more and more I want one. :x
  92. thorno_58

FN2 New type S photos + more Type R info

will be interesting to see the new type r on the roads eventually :)
  93. thorno_58

to do or not to do

:twisted:
  94. thorno_58

mugen kit

looks ok but 100% better with no stickers on IMO.
  95. thorno_58

CW DC5

stunning!
  96. thorno_58

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

nice vid. a rather nippy ctr :lol:
  97. thorno_58

My Cosmic 55

Very Nice. Thats the colour i want one in!
  98. thorno_58

Buddy club bonnet now on my car Comments

work of art :P
  99. thorno_58

FN2 new three door shots

wish i was 25 so honda would let me test drive on before i buy one. doh!
Back