• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

Idle issues

Probably a dodgy TPS, very common. Get a new good quality one and calibrate it but definitely worth diagnosing it probably as could be a few things and don’t want to start guess work... it will get expensive lol
  2. K

Clutch Problem

Be a bit of a pig of a job without a ramp removing the subframe but around that it’s not too bad of a job mate. Are you talking about the input shaft bearing that your renewing?
  3. K

EP3 droplinks, preferred manufacturers?

I got the hardrace heavy duty link arms on my ep3 and they are worth the money save doing them every 2 minutes lol
  4. K

Cosmic Premier EP3

Got to love a clean cosmic grey ep3 [emoji1303]
  5. K

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Very tidy mate
  6. K

Ecu mapping

Romain from eurospec does still map and is basically mobile, he can set your car up at a few different locations if I recall correctly depending on where you live. My friend has his EF set up by romain after eurospec was done.
  7. K

6 Point harness

Be careful with cheap stuff when it comes to that mate, it’s the one thing I would make sure I go to a authorised dealer of a top quality product, I know sometimes that can come at a cost but it’s safety :)
  8. K

What tyres for OEM wheels

Rainsports are pretty decent but also find them to be pretty soft so not mega miles out of them. Amazing in the wet though!
  9. K

done 160k miles do i need new shocks ?

Fairly common for play in the bottom ball joints or drop links, worth just having it put on a ramp and having a joint check done as any of the suspension components could give you a knock regardless of the mileage.
  10. K

pads and disc set front and rear - ep3

I run the ARP discs and ferodo ds3000 all round (DC5 front brake set up) and have had no issues at all with frequent track use. Would highly recommend the set up personally
  11. K

Ep3 brake disc sheilds on or off for track.

If they aren’t rotten and still in good condition then I would recommend keeping them on to assist blocking temps to other components
  12. K

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

You will enjoy the benefits of the Quaife diff mate :)
  13. K

Rattle on start up any ideas?

Yours is probably slight timing chain rattle, this doesn't rattle straight away on start up its after a few seconds of fast idle it's a lot more aggressive than slight chain rattle as my mrs ep3 has chain rattle and this noise is a fair bit louder coming from mine.
  14. K

Ok cool cheers mate, I will start stripping the side casing back down and everything this weekend and get the VTC actuator out and see if anything has gone wrong there before engine comes out for a complete overhaul :( if that's the case I think I'm going to just put the car off the road and do...
  15. K

Thanks loxy I also had a temporary code (P0011 VTC system malfunction) so I'm guessing mine maybe the VTC gear has failed, how bad is it to replace the VTC gear any ideas?
  16. K

Hi guys, So I had my ep3 mapped a few months back by CPL with complimentary bolt on mods etc and my luck just seems to be going from bad to worse constantly :( Before mapping I replaced timing chain, guides and tensioner with all genuine Honda bits and then after my clutch going within 200...
  17. K

Ac turns on itself

Its an automatic function as the air blown from the air con unit goes through a dryer so no damp in the air so it de mists quicker than the standard blowers.
  18. K

Fault code P0341 story inside :)

I know I think I may have been robbed a guy I know brought a kit that was "genuine" for a dc2 k20 turbo and the chain snapped within 3 days causing a lot of damage. So I guess on the bright side I was pretty lucky :-/ have just had my new chain and guides delivered DIRECT from Honda, will get...
  19. K

Cars cranking but not turning over

When you say it was low before your topped it up to the max, how low we talking? Nothing on the dipstick at all? How much oil did you put in when you topped it up?
  20. K

And yes I had been advised to pre load the tensioner but did not do that as it is a pre set tensioner, I just removed the pin and left it to its own devices so to speak.
  21. K

This is exactly what I was thinking, I was planning on replacing the lot again but certainly want to go about finding what was at fault and look in to a refund on parts as it cost me over £300 for the parts and a fair few hours of my time and now I am back to square one :( Parts were purchased...
  22. K

As for the P0011 code (VTC system malfunction) I was gathering this fault is down to the car going in to a limp mode due to timing and not an actual fault or am I wrong? Have I possibly got oil pressure problems causing tensioner failure or VTC system malfunction? I have no oil light on and oil...
  23. K

Ok so around 4-500 miles ago I replaced my timing chain, tensioner and guides. All genuine Honda parts and then since the car has been sat for around a month due to waiting on a gearbox rebuild and other work. I went to the car to take it in to work and swap gearboxes to a horrible rattle on...
  24. K

ebay brakes ?

Brembo pads... Unbranded discs
  25. K

ebay brakes ?

Depending on what you expect/need from your brake set up, mtec are a company who sell on eBay, it's about £150 delivered for drilled and grooved discs all round and mintex pads. I had these on my car for about 7-8k and they seemed fine for road use, would fade eventually but for the money...
  26. K

wolfrace asiatech wheels.

Stay away from wolfrace!!
  27. K

EP3 Disc screws!

+2 best option if it's rounded out [emoji106]
  28. K

EP3 Ep3 remapped

I agree [emoji108]
  29. K

Ep3 timing chain

Mines on 70k and I just done chain, tensioner and guides just for piece of mind, prevention is better than cure. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. K

EP3 Ep3 remapped

Not sure how far from you they are... But CPL racing are very good Honda tuners as well. Just had KPRO and map done by them on my ep3 very very happy completely different car and would definitely use them again [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. K

just bought this picking it up wednesday what do people think???

Buy it lol spoon n1 is awesome! Get a spoon b pipe as well and you will be living the dream on vtec lmao ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. K

Annoying Rattle like metal on metal

No problem dude :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. K

If it goes away when pressure is applied to the brakes then you will probably find that one of the pads springs are not situated right, the calliper should be pushed against the springs so pads stay situated. If one of these springs are not say in the calliper and fall through the gap then it...
  34. K

supercharger noise

It's because the rotrex is a completely different set up of supercharger in comparison to a JRSC. The rotrex kit is pretty much a belt driven turbo so spools like a turbo.
  35. K

If your exhaust manifold heat shield is secure then definitely check the shield over driveshaft as they can be really noisy if they come loose.
  36. K

type r sc Fd2

Awesome car dude, seen this for sale a few weeks ago. What a mental power figure :D
Back