• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. W

Intermittent noise on start up??... black smoke? 2004 ep3 facelift

As title says.... Intermitent noise on start up?.. sounds like sticking starter? Had car 4 years and has always done it? Loads of people say ctr sneeze?? Had chain & tensioner at 85k, now on 95k, noise has never gone????? Have noticed a slight oil leak from where the white sealant is on the...
  2. W

air flow sensor not plugged in? help!

Exhaust is VERY sooty..... over fuelling?.... could that be caused by the air flow sensor going down?....
  3. W

Sounds like it could be expensive?......:(
  4. W

Hi I have black smoke too?!?.... had my chain & tensioner changed about a month ago now, the car spluttered afterwards and the tech said the idle control sensor needed re-setting?... he un-plugged it for about ten mins, put it back on and the car was a bit better. Told me to drive it for a bit...
  5. W

35mm lowering springs?

Just seen this post from years ago..... I dropped my ep3 40mm and fitted Skunk 2 Racing fully adjustable rear camber kit..... it looks the nuts and on a fast road set up handles lovely! ;)
  6. W

0.5 second buzz/rattle on start up ep3

Mine also does this.... onlt now it is really loud?!... worse the colder it is :shock: Can this be rectified via a new starter motor? :)
  7. W

bonnet release handle

How can I open the bonnet if the cable has snapped? :confused:
  8. W

REPLACING GEARBOX OIL CAN SOMEONE CONFIRM?

Hi Please can you tell me when / how often should the gear oil be changed?
  9. W

SEAT SWAP 2005 EP3 TO 2004 EP3/ BOTH FACELIFT

All went smoothly cheers. Very easy! Had a very productive weekend, managed to get front sests, mats, gear knob, 2 tyres 6.5mm and a new alloy! All for £30!! Goes to show it's not what you know but who you know
  10. W

Sorry forgot to ask. ... .... when I disconnect the air bag plug on the drivers seat, will it bring on the air bag warning light? and will I need to get it turned off or does it go out once reconnected?
  11. W

Good evening people! I am swapping the front seats from a 2005 EP3 to my 2004 EP3. Both are face lift models. Please can anyone give any useful advice as this is a first for me. Thanks in advance.
  12. W

Mirrors

Good evening folks! Please can someone tell me if you can separate the mirror caps on my 2004 EP3 from the housing without having to remove the door cards?... Any help greatly appreciated :D
  13. W

Will FN2 gear knob fit my EP3?

Hallo peeps! Can anyone advise me as to whether or not the gear knob from a FN2 Type R GT will fit my EP3, and if so, is it a straight swap? Also, does anyone know if the front seats will go straight in to my EP3?..... and the rear seats while we are at it? Thank you in advance ;)
  14. W

KNOCKING / JUDDERING SOUND FROM DASH WHEN BRAKING??

Yeah...... that's helpful...... not (R35735)
  15. W

KNOCKING / JUDDERING SOUND FROM DASH WHEN BRAKING??

Hi 2004 COSMIC GREY EP3 Am hoping you guyscmay be able to help? I have recently noticed a 'knocking/juddering' sound that seems to be coming from behind the dash? Right behind the dash pod/speedo area?... It's...
  16. W

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

Mine was rattling for ages?!.... found it was the casing around the cat. It has rusted and started to come loose, fixed the problem by using 4-5 large jubilee clips and fixing them together to make one. Fastened round the casing it has completely resolved the rattling.
  17. W

2004 COSMIC GREY EP3. MAJOR OIL LEAK?!!!!???!!?? PLEASE HELP!!! :'(

WE HAVE A WINNER!! Yep! Scruffy called it first!! ;) and ya win....... a VERY HAPPY FACE!!! ;D Cant wait to go for a drive !! ;)
  18. W

Just to let you all know..... THE CAR IS FINE!!! :D Turned out to be a rotten oil filter?! Looks like the previous owner didn't replace it like he said on its last service!! T****R! Anyway, am soooooooooo releived it's not damaged anything. Am having the 75k service done now whilst it's in the...
  19. W

Sounds good! ;) Car taken away last night on transporter, started fine, sounds fine.... will know this afternoon whats what....
  20. W

I didn't carry on driving witht he light on, it went off aftwer I topped up. It started to flicker when I drove around roundabouts. The engine and gearbox where both fine. Am thinking it's the rear cam gasket?..... Will find out tomorrow and let you all know. Thanks for the posts, hopefully not...
  21. W

Where do I start?.... Drove to scotland bank holiday, approx. 370 miles, got there no probs what so ever. On the return journey had covered around 150 miles and the oil light came on. I stopped almost straight away and topped up 1 litre, the light stayed off, and I drove the next 150 miles at...
  22. W

Knocking

Where abouts is this box? I have a similar problem? Only occurs when coasting, driving slowly? Sounds like knocking from n/s/r? Any advice peeps? :)
  23. W

Brake upgrades...

Hey! Ther is a full set of these on ebay NOW for £599!! Get shopping!! ;)
  24. W

Carbon Fibre Advice

All the previous information on this subject is all very useful... apart from the fact that no - one seems to have actually said where you can have the repairs carried out? Does anyone know of a company that can do this type of repair? I have a full carbon bonnet that has 'clouding' all the way...
Back