• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thought I’d update the forum first but I’ve decided to sell the civic after a lot of thought theirs a few reasons and other projects and things i am doing to the house so needs must it been a blast,,
  2. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

They look very similar to the ones I brought …I got mine of eBay .
  3. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hi , sorry for the late reply . The company I used did diamond cutting of wheels on site in the van The guy had an amazing setup.
  4. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Yeah , I thought £300 was good like I said considering all the work and the wheels were in bad shape the guy stated at 9am and finished the wheels at 4pm so pretty much the whole day with not much of a break top work .
  5. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks much appreciated, I did get it from a guy on FB :) As for the wheels the guy did a super job considering all 4 wheels had curbing it's amazing what you can fit in a merc sprinter he had the lot wheel oven , tyre removing machine , balancer , He even did diamond cutting if you wanted...
  6. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update , I've manged to get a few more things done thought I'd start with the rear crash bar as on the last inspection it looked crusty as hell and I was not wrong rusty metal fell to floor and soon as I removed the rear bumper now comes the hard bit getting a new one nobody had one...
  7. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Yeah , simple job remove the clocks facia trim . Remove x2 screws holding clocks in place and then pull forward and it’s out. I used red incandescent bulbs 286 on the dials hope this helps .
  8. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

here’s a picture of the red incandescent bulbs a lot redder and brighter,,
  9. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Shoonk, The weather strips come off easy just lower the window . Gentle lift nearest the door handle side and gentle roll towards you . You will see the white clips that hold it in position just be careful not to damage the clips. just one thing to note I loosened the nuts holding the...
  10. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Suits , As they say it’s the little things that make the difference. Not sure why your head unit is not pairing i would try resetting If you haven’t already The weather strips come off easy just lower the window . Gentle lift nearest the door handle side and gentle roll towards...
  11. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Hazz, The roof strips were in pretty bad condition its amazing what a lick of paint can do. as for the table i’ve had it years
  12. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update... had the car Mot'd in March and sailed though with no advisories also the lower bull joints were replaced as the old ones were looking a bit crusty. along with this I had a few interior jobs to sort one of the bulbs behind the clocks needed changing so decided to replace with...
  13. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hi, Thanks. As for the Tegiwa bushes they are a great quality upgrade to the rubber original ones and definitely makes a difference to the shifting along with this they are simple to fit and combined with a Tegiwa short shifter makes for a great little package, hope this helps .
  14. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Enzo still stuff I want to do but it’s coming together.
  15. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

First small update of this year ... And this comes in the shape of a front fog light kit this has been on my list from the start. Unfortunately it's not genuine well not all of it . I did manage to find a genuine honda lower section of the harness which is the main part but everything else is...
  16. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

The manifold heat shield was taken off and will not be replaced . As for the the engine brace it hard to see but it almost rusted though at the ends that’s why I replaced it instead of refurbishing it . Hope that helps ,,
  17. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

The inlet manifold was cleaned and degreased then cleaned with a wire brush and then sprayed with VHT silver paint to finish.
  18. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Craig, well pleased and also relief at the same time that nothing nasty was found,,
  19. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Not much of an update but I thought I'd post it anyway so decided to replace the fuel filter as I have no record of it being changed and by the the looks of it I'm guessing its the original one but cant be certain but by all the black coloured fuel coming out of it I'm swaying to it being...
  20. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks , this wasn’t the first one I had looked at before purchasing the one I have …some are in a shocking state ,,
  21. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thank you for the kind words it much appreciated .
  22. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Marc its much appreciated .. as for the equipment this is all just rattle cans as long as you prep it right you can get very good results. hope thus helps.
  23. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update.. This time in the shape of removing both the rear arch liners . Its a job thats been on the cards for a while but with winter slowly approaching I thought it would be a good idea as I did not want to keep these in over winter. The arch liners come out pretty easy and I was...
  24. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated ....still lots to do so will keep it updated. cheers
  25. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update .. managed to get a couple more things done. first up was to remove the Vtec solenoid and replace the gasket and by the looks of it the solenoid hadn't been removed before and was in quite a state also the gasket was brittle on removal quite surprised the gasket bowl was empty so...
  26. DEANO45

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Cheers Craig, thanks for that much appreciated I might need to get one of those .
  27. DEANO45

Hi, Craig , Quick question regarding the sports cat you had on your ep3 . it was 200 cel but what Make was it ?and did you have any problems getting it though the mot .
  28. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Yeah,, being looking for a while as mine was missing it completely it does make a big difference having one but they do come up on eBay from time to time.
  29. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

This happened today gave the car another oil change using a Genuine Honda oil filter and some millers nanodrive also brought a genuine oil filter removal tool too which makes life a little easier apart from that I replaced the sump plug for a New magnetic sump plug. Also fitted a tegiwa...
  30. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

cheers it’s appreciated, that’s a good shout I’ll update the front page . As for the lower engine brace it’s original Honda .
  31. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Cheers . Still lots to do but miles better than when I brought it.
  32. DEANO45

2005 Cosmic Prem

Hello and welcome :)
  33. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update ... I 've managed to get a bit more done first job on the list was to remove the exhaust manifold heat shield as this had rusted though on one side I was lucky the remaining 3 bolts came out no problem. This brings me onto the second job while I was getting the exhaust manifold...
  34. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Cheers Beach , much better.
  35. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Managed to fit my rear JDM anti roll bar today which I brought from tegiwa in the sale both the old drop links did not want to play which is pretty standard with these anyway cut both off with a small hack-saw did not take long be fair another job done. New compared with old Fully...
  36. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update . managed to get a few more things done first job was the suspension I thought the car was a little to high as standard so decided to go with some eibach Sportline lowering springs had these a few times before and in my eyes give a nice drop over standard the old springs were not...
  37. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hi, I managed to find a really good used set - don’t know if you can still buy them brand new and if you can they are quite expensive and yes they do a footrest which I haven’t acquired yet.
  38. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Cheers , Paint used was Vauxhall star silver it is very close to the original paint used on the door grab handles hope this helps ,
  39. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Managed to get a few more things done , first job was to remove the wiper arms and respray them has they were looking quite worn it’s amazing what a coat of paint can do. Also managed to fit my Dc5 pedal covers . Just need to get a foot rest to finish the job .
  40. DEANO45

Project EP3

Hello and welcome ..looks nice .
  41. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

This has happened decided I wanted a little more noise so went on a intake frenzy and brought a couple of intakes I have not owned before the Injen CAI is very close to the AEM long arm intake which I had on a Ep3 quite a while ago and the K&N Typhoon I have never owned. That being said it gets...
  42. DEANO45

Congratulations on the GT86 . very similar power to the Ep3 I believe.
  43. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks ,it's much appreciated . unfortunately the inlet manifold was never going to come up perfect . So to that end I cleaned and then sprayed with HT silver paint which came out great.
  44. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

So this happened Today old rocker cover off. What a state ,, I Spent a long time on the one I brought getting clean and ready for paint . its not a perfect job but it's wrinkle red and compared to the one it replaces it's night and day and maybe I'll get better and it when I spray...
  45. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Kris, I totally agree with you.
  46. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Managed to find another rocker cover. I got it cheap but looks like it’s been at the bottom of the sea. :p
  47. DEANO45

Great pictures….The cars looking class Craig.
  48. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Craig , it,s starting to come together, I’m now on the look out for a spare rocker cover so I can prep and paint in my own time .
  49. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update... I've managed to get a few more bits done in the engine bay stated with the easy jobs first decide to replace the idler pulley the original one was looking past it and it also freshens up the bay. Next on the list was to replace the PCV valve don't think mine had ever been...
  50. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Pleased to report it passed it's first mot in my ownership yesterday really happy with the feedback from the mot tester who said it was a nice car the only advisory's were the front ball joints deteriorated outer covers. which i not surprised already found some replacements and with put an order...
  51. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

This happened today ... removed some rusty parts the cat heat shield decided to start rattling again so removed that completely should of done that the first time round but thought I could save it but no chance of that , also decided to fit my rear Hel braided lines still need to do the front...
  52. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Another update ive managed to get a few more things done stared things off with fitting the powerflex gearbox mount I went with the black series one just to keep things looking oem+. I was really surprised about the mount itself it was in great shape for being 16 years old but I did give...
  53. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

cheers , the hondata air box mod improves airflow and it certainly helps the engine breath better also the throttle response has improve.
  54. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update ... decided to do the hondata airbox mod and also the resonator delete on the inside lid I've also decided not to use the standard air intake pipe instead I have opted to use one from a Mercedes C class which is a perfect snug fit and channels the air much better also brought some...
  55. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hi, Sk-R thank you for the feedback it is much appreciated. its like you said they are great cars to work on and I love the simplicity and character these cars have. Anyway what's next ..... as your properly aware when you had yours you had a list of jobs to do and now I'm in the same...
  56. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Craig , still lots to do but so glad i got another ep3 ,,
  57. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update.. managed to get a few more things done and my priority was to get the headlights sorted as they were very oxidized and let the front end down managed to get rid of 16 years of grime and they come up really nice. I've also had an annoying rattle from one of the heat...
  58. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Managed to get out and give the car a clean and decided to give the paint a bit of protection as I had noticed the water was sitting on the paint work longer than it should so gave it a really good clean snow foamed it and then clay bared the whole car then went over the car with meguiars...
  59. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

First post of the new year so happy new year everyone .. Anyway first thing first was to fit my new stereo I got for Christmas I do like the original stereo but it just does not cut it in this day and age so that will be put away and kept. So i asked for an Alpine Ute -200BT I’ve always liked...
  60. DEANO45

That’s top work it’s not the most pleasant of jobs but a worthy one .. I’m quite lucky mines been under sealed already and have also checked the rear arches for rust mine still has the carpet wheel arch lining which like you I plan to remove .
  61. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

This happened today …another delivery arrived this time for the Ep3 and for me was a must ever since I brought the car the steering wheel has really let down the otherwise really good condition interior so managed to find a really good used one complete with airbag . Going to get the old one...
  62. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Thanks Craig , it's coming along .
  63. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update: A few more bits arrived from tegiwa decided to replace the spark plugs as I had no record of when they were last changed to be fair they were not that bad but changed they anyway with some new iridium plugs I got on Black Friday along with a new black washer bottle cap and some...
  64. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update: I have started the the long and arduous job of getting the engine bay back into a respectable condition so spent a long time degreasing the engine bay and cleaning components still not where i want to be with it but it's a work in progress the rocker cover has the standard paint...
  65. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Hi, … It’s pretty easy find a drill bit around the same size place some masking tape around the top and place the gear knob on. Then attach to a drill make sure it’s secure enough so the drill does all the work. use some 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper to get rid of the outer layer you’ll know when...
  66. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Small update ..decided to remove the centre console as the stereo was loose and found it was not screwed in at all and just pushed into the aperture also the lower storage compartment was loose so x8 screws replaced and looking has it should. Next thing to tackle was the gear knob in was...
  67. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Found some time today to start getting a few things done .. decided to remove the roof rail inserts and I'm glad I did full of mud but came out looking good. also brought a few service items including a new aux belt the one on the car looked old so that is a must today also a new air...
  68. DEANO45

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

well.. back again after nearly 3 years after owning a premier edition Ep3 had a few cars more cars in that time I owned a S2000 and some cars not worth mentioning but back now in a early 2005 Ep3 Type r Comic grey with 94k miles it’s had 3 owners since new last one having owned this for 10...
  69. DEANO45

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Another update................. So ..time for another update. This is in the shape of more service parts for her. anyway decided to service the vtec spool valve and the vtec solenoid gasket for starters don't know if this has been done since new the only pain with the spool valve is its...
  70. DEANO45

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Well done! The car looking epic ....
  71. DEANO45

Great build so far ...we’ll done I too was going for some more up market ones myself but the pioneer ones I brought which were not that expensive had some great reviews and I also wanted to keep it all pioneer they sound really good for the money and don’t distort with the bass. Sent from my...
  72. DEANO45

Sorry for the late reply I’ve just got back from holiday. Thanks ....I did not use any dynomat for sound insulation . But now you have said that I might have to get some..
  73. DEANO45

Mini update..................... So this happened yesterday decided to get rid of the red brake calipers i painted last year for something a bit fresher this year...i was a bit stuck on which colour to go for but all i wanted was a almost stock caliper colour so went with graphite grey instead...
  74. DEANO45

Another update................. So have not updated the thread for a couple of months so i thought id better get something down anyway ....first of all i have removed and sold by tegiwa carbon intake that being said it looked good in the engine bay and it sounded great but to be honest i just...
  75. DEANO45

Another small update..... Well at last the rear new shocks and springs have been fitted along with some new lower shock bolts ...so the car went into the garage on Thursday the guys did a awesome job as always. Also had a new outer driveshaft boot fitted on the drivers side as that was...
  76. DEANO45

Another small update...... Well...were do i start first of all i had a few boxes arrive with all the stuff i had ordered e.g eibach sportlines, eibach front camber bolts, DME rear camber arms and last of all a jdm anti roll bar and new drop links. Anyway decided to crack on and get the springs...
  77. DEANO45

Small update........................ Another small update this time in the shape of an annoying noise which i have had since i brought the car so decided to inspect the usual suspects found out the heat shield on the cat was already removed bonus ... The one on the manifold was in great...
  78. DEANO45

Tresor's 2004 EP3

Top work mate ....
  79. DEANO45

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Nice one ....it,s always the small things that count ...
  80. DEANO45

Mini update Not much of an update but i thought i'd post it anyway ...This time in the shape of a bit of ebay shopping i have managed to pick a complete fog light harness which is a bit of a result as i did not really fancy spending £400 on a fog light kit from honda . All i need now is...
  81. DEANO45

yeah bonnet opens perfect not touching at all....that was one of my concerns too though....
  82. DEANO45

yes i know ...but it works and to be fair fits well ....
  83. DEANO45

Thanks ....still lots to do but it's coming along...
  84. DEANO45

New tegiwa intake Decided to get a new intake so this came last week from tegiwa... The ITG Maxogen was a great intake but just lacks any intake noise at all that being said it was my choice in the first place and thats what i wanted. Things have now changed Anyway decided on the tegiwa carbon...
  85. DEANO45

Cheers ...I’m very pleased with this intake .....
  86. DEANO45

Another update................. Another update this time in the form of a used itg maxogen intake....as i was using a S2000 K&N before but i found the car to have a flat spot due to the heat soak i guess so went back to the original airbox for a week or so before deciding on which intake to go...
  87. DEANO45

It was an eBay find from a bloke in N Ireland that had just refurbished it but never fitted...
  88. DEANO45

Cheers buddy...
  89. DEANO45

New K&N S2000 Filter Collected my new air filter from euro car parts the other day has they were on special offer ..decided to replace the standard S2000 air filter which has a paper element for something a bit more robust in the shape of a S2000 k&N filter. The filter itself looks and feels...
  90. DEANO45

Thanks guys for the kind comments .....it's much appreciated GOLFYT as for the carbon effect battery cover i got it of ebay for £11 and yes they are still available..
  91. DEANO45

Small update........................ So This happened today my order from Tegiwa imports arrived in the shape of a new genuine in tank fuel filter ....having looked through all the paperwork i had from the previous owner i could not find everything regarding the fuel filter replacement ..so to...
  92. DEANO45

#2 Ep3

That sounds perfect i was thinking of getting a stainless steel one but i like the idea of getting a sportex one just to keep it a little more oem.
  93. DEANO45

#2 Ep3

great job....how are you finding the sportex
  94. DEANO45

Cheers nidge....yeah i saw yours top work.. you gave me inspiration to do mine.....
  95. DEANO45

Another update Managed to get a few more things done to the EP3 had a few parcels arrive the weekend along with a trip to Honda to get a few bits which included a new set of wiper arms which cost a small fortune .Also manged to get some new pedal rubbers and new bolts for my airbox as i have...
  96. DEANO45

That's the problem sometimes Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  97. DEANO45

Hi Mike yeah I thought about it but decided against it in the end..yeah I know no Frsu but trying to stay as oem as I can Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  98. DEANO45

More parcels have arrived So this morning i had a few parcels arrive and with the weather being nice decide to spend some more time on the car and get them fitted ..so other day i fitted some k tuned shifter bushes to the Ep3 which is great and stops any excess lateral movement... So to...
  99. DEANO45

Cheers spike .....it's coming along ....
  100. DEANO45

Another update This time i have managed to get a couple of jobs tricked off the very long list i have for the ep3..first job get the brake calipers painted the previous owner before i brought the car had replaced all the calipers on the car but unfortunately i have lost the tyre r logo on the...
Back