• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. rjkoneill

Fitting a DC5 Gearbox into an EP3

Hi Guys I recently had a DC5 Gearbox fitted to my EP3. the gearbox came with no speed sensor and upon installation the car was clicking loudly in reverse and the speedo was out. Thread Here I spoke to various places about what the cause could be, most of them advising me that expensive...
  2. rjkoneill

DC5 box clicking when going backwards.

Hi guys Just had a DC5 box fitted to my car. Gears are fine. LSD is working as it should. Problem I have is that there is a loud clicking sound coming from the box in reverse. It happens too when out of gear and rolling back in neutral. Noise isn't every rotation and seems to be random...
  3. rjkoneill

Donington Park Track Day 17/05/13 - Civic Type R EP3

Pair of videos from yesterday at Donington. Really enjoyable evening, superb track etiquette http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yl7sYqJpQnI
  4. rjkoneill

Millers Oils NANODRIVE CFS

now. my boss is running this in his 911 at the moment because the porsche forums are raving about it. all i can find is this, Test on Fast Car Website. I am taking the above article with a bucket of salt. anyone using this stuff? seen any performance gain? its bloody dear but considering...
  5. rjkoneill

rjkoneill's Cosmic Grey EP3 Civic Type R - Plenty of Pics and Vids

INDEX & LINKS: THRLL PAGE SPEC LIST EVO Triangle & North Wales Trip - Tyres and FRSU Gruppe M fitted & Headlight Restoration Bulbs and Exhaust Fitting Dyno Results with Intake & Cat Back Track Day and Brake Upgrades Premier Recaros Hi Guys Decided it was about time to post up some info about...
  6. rjkoneill

potential issues running EVO9 wheels on an EP3 with 215 Tyres?

hi guys I have a set of AD08 tyres in 215/45/17 waiting to go on my car. the problem i have is that i cant find a nice set of OEM alloys to put them on. I am currently considering EVO 9 wheels as i have seen some on an EP3 in this thread...
  7. rjkoneill

Exhaust Plans and advice

Hi Guys My current setup is standard mani and cat with a 2.5" silenced bpipe and spoon N1 - intake is a Gruppe M the car is a bit on the loud side but ultimately, track day friendly and making decent power. I plan on getting hondata in a few months. My question is this. would i notice much...
  8. rjkoneill

Donington - 04/02/13

first day on track yesterday. here is one of the better videos i have unfortunately my phone cut out of battery mid way through my best session where there was a track focussed EP3 and a Focus ST Mountune on track with me. the guy i was with has some hilarious footage of an Audi S4 being...
  9. rjkoneill

fitting DC5 Seats into an EP3

what would be involved in putting dc5 seats into an EP3 are the rails the same? can you put dc5 seats onto ep3 rails?
  10. rjkoneill

flip key for ep3

anyone done a conversion and combined the alarm fob and key into one key? links to parts used and a guide would be brilliant. can it even be done?
  11. rjkoneill

springs questions - not wanting to go too low... TEIN, Eibach other?

after my brakes are done, i want to put progressive springs on the car not to lower the car but to improve the handling ideally after a very stock looking appearance and handling/performance is far more important to me than drop. Currently looking at TEIN S-tech springs [20mm & 25mm drop] but...
  12. rjkoneill

Can you have two ecus coded to your car?

Thinking of getting a second ecu to get the k100 on, if I get the second ecu installed and the immobiliser coded to it, does that mean that both ecus work with my car or will I only be able to have one ecu encoded to my immobiliser at a time? Plan is to have a spare, stock ecu to replace the...
  13. rjkoneill

£325 for a k100?

Just got this sent to. Me by a friend. www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=24 What's the catch here?
  14. rjkoneill

HID Kit prongs loose inside bulb connector + a few other questions.

Hi Guys fitting H1 bulbs in a FL civic Got my HIDS4U 35w kit today and whilst fitting it i noticed that the power cables for the ballasts dont fit into the connector block well enough to be tight. they are very loose and i am concerned that it could damage my new and very expensive HID kit...
  15. rjkoneill

Alloy wheels offset question.

Looking at a set of alloy wheels which are the following size: 17x7JJ 5x114.3 ET50 i see the only real difference between this the offset at ET50 as opposed to ET45 on the OEM alloy wheel am i correct in thinking that the higher offset would mean that the wheel would sit further back/stick...
  16. rjkoneill

tyre sizing and brake setup questions

Tyres looking at getting some new tyres at the start of the year with my xmas bonus wondering what is the best to go for out of the following 205/45/17 [OEM size] 215/40/17 [what i currently run] 215/45/17 [same width as my current tyres but with an oem size profile] the 215/45/17 are...
  17. rjkoneill

Stock Internals Limit of the K20

Hi Guys Currently having a conversation with someone at work who is trying to assure me that 500bhp is entirely possible on stock internals on a k20 can someone with a bit of knowledge please give me a run down on what a stock engine can handle power wise? Thanks
  18. rjkoneill

Is hondata worth it without the accompanying mods

Hi Currently my car has a Gruppe M Intake, a Spoon N1 and a 2.5 silenced bpipe. i am considering a hondata ecu and associated map essentially, i am wondering if it is worth upgrading the ECU and paying for mapping etc if i dont run an RBC & Race Header. from what i understand, the car with...
  19. rjkoneill

FN2 clutch same as EP3 clutch?

Hi Guys i need a new clutch for my EP3 i was under the impression that the FN2 and EP3 share a common clutch kit. i have seen two items from the same store HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2 GENUINE HONDA CLUTCH KIT HONDA CIVIC TYPE R EP3 GENUINE HONDA CLUTCH KIT the difference is something like £9...
  20. rjkoneill

Headlight units clouded up

Hi guys My headlight units are slightly clouded. It isn't too noticeable from afar but up close it just looks rubbish. here are some pictures to show you what I mean. head on pic [nearside unpolished/offside polished] nearside light: so to try and get rid of the scuffed/rough patches...
  21. rjkoneill

Real Gruppe M?

anyone seen a Gruppe M with this type of plaque before? by the carbon weave it looks legit and I have seen a few pics on google with the 'M's' logo. thought they were supposed to say 'Gruppe M' on the plaque can someone confirm if what it is?
  22. rjkoneill

rattling at 3.5k up to 5k - i have no driveshaft heatshield so it cant be that

Hi guys. I have no driveshaft heat shield but the buzzing/ rattling sound is happening between 3.5 -5k Don't know what it could be. Another heat shield maybe?
  23. rjkoneill

RE050A - 215/40/17 ok for an EP3?

A friend of mine has just sold his car with the winter tyres on it and has a set of RE050A going spare now I was saving for a set of Yokohama AD08s but these seem a good deal. Questions I have: 1. Will the 215/40/17 fit OEM EP3 wheels ok? 2. assuming they are just a little wider but lower...
  24. rjkoneill

What pads are you lot running on your ep3?

Looking at putting some new pads on my ep3. My discs are practically new, was thinking about some updated pads soon, is there an uprated pad that people are using a lot? I hear a lot about stop tech, any other options I need to consider?
  25. rjkoneill

GruppeM/Tegiwa Vs K&N Typhoon

Hi guys I currently have a K&N typhoon on my car. that is the only mod done to it currently. it was like that when i got the car and would not have been my first choice of intake. I am well aware that this solution would be leaving me open to heatsoak and reduced performance. would i notice...
  26. rjkoneill

Cosmic Grey EP3

Picked up my EP3 last night, Couldn't be happier.
  27. rjkoneill

Yokohama AD08s on an EP3

Hi Guys coming up to purchase time for my much saved for EP3 in the next month. assuming that whatever EP3 i purchase will come complete with midrange to high end tyres my plan is as follows: keep the tyres that are on the car as a winter/poor weather tyre. for the drier months, looking at...
Back