• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

EP3,EVO IV, VECTRA VXR,RX8 AND BACK TO THE EP3!

Yeah pulls really strong drives well so i am happy :)
  2. R

Yeah I got it last night mate I'm from basingstoke hants
  3. R

decided that the I was scared the evo was going to die every time I hit boost lol had a few in between but the ep3 is the best compromise for a daily. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200791484329?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D200791484329%26_rdc%3D1 cheers rob
  4. R

AEM big brake conversion replacement discs

ok cheers mate will give them an email
  5. R

AEM big brake conversion replacement discs

Hi I have AEM rota brake conversion and am needing new discs. Anyone know where to get them from ?
  6. R

How I put 750,000 miles on my Honda Civic in just five years

once with second hand units that's not bad going by any ones standards
  7. R

no vtec

problem resolved !!!! So I uploaded a modified hondata map. When I first uploaded the hondata map i had a p0135 error code but went back into the map and ticked use secondary 02 sensor for closed loop and no eml or erro codes vtect when warm without ignition on/off I guess whoever mapped it...
  8. R

Who's on their 2nd set of Iridium Spark Plugs ?

so the ngk website and parts company's (unipart, euros ect) all list these as do ngk http://www.ngkpartfinder.co.uk/car_commercial_search.php?type=SPARK PLUGS&manufact=HONDA&model=CIVIC (01-->05)&engine=2.0 so what are the best plugs because the ngk BKR7EIX-11 are cheaper--- i got both plugs...
  9. R

no vtec

OBD-II O2 sensors are 4 wire. 2 wires are the sensor itself which controls the A/F mixture. The other 2 wires are a heater circuit which comes on when the engine is cold to warm up the sensor rapidly. A "cold" O2 sensor cannot monitor A/F mixture which is why this additional circuit is there...
  10. R

no vtec

yeah always check the oil every two weeks.
  11. R

no vtec

ok then so it wouldn't work when cold then anyway I guess
  12. R

no vtec

So dose the vtec work on temp and pressure
  13. R

no vtec

true mate
  14. R

no vtec

surely ngk would be as good as denso ?
  15. R

no vtec

yeah true mate I shall do that. and to be honest iv never tired it cold in vtec, but i shall try after work today
  16. R

no vtec

good question mate
  17. R

no vtec

this is the thing someone removed the eml light so I can only tell its on if I plug the code reader in. But evry time the car is cold and driven until warm the vtec doesn't work untill the ignition is switched on and off. I was thinking maby a temp sensor reading wrong, so would cause the...
  18. R

no vtec

yeah as milano chris said before Ill have to get a genuine sensor down from honda waaaah lol and a faulty sensor would course the vtec to not work as it puts the eml up, and the ecu doesn't allow vtec to work with eml on? is this correct the only other thing is by turning the ignition on...
  19. R

no vtec

yeah typing error lol
  20. R

no vtec

I got it new from unit park because i know they use ngk (witch i thought were good) and yes the earth fault was a separate fault witch is now sorted
  21. R

no vtec

so I used an obdII reader one code stored p0132 - primary 02 sensor. replaced it with ngk sensor still same problem
  22. R

no vtec

It works as it did before, as in no vtec until the ignition is switched on and off when warm
  23. R

no vtec

thanks for all the help mate. i did think it was rev counter. If i had the car running and put the wire to earth the rev counter dies. do you think someone had a vtec light fitted before then ?
  24. R

no vtec

*i will
  25. R

no vtec

oky mate cheers ** try when im home on the laptop :)
  26. R

no vtec

Sorry if I sound stupid, but what's that ?? lol
  27. R

no vtec

It's the connector closet to the centre console if the ecu is in the car, so block connectors at the bottom third from passenger door
  28. R

no vtec

I have win 7
  29. R

no vtec

I downloaded k manager but I can't seem to download the driver software so it dose not work. Iv tried the normal procedure so ... help menu ... update drivers ect , doesn't work
  30. R

no vtec

pics up
  31. R

no vtec

ok so in the pics you will see the earth someone has made :/ not sure why. if i connected the earth, it was causing the rev counter and eps light fault on the block connector (with the wire they made an earth from) what is it for ?
  32. R

no vtec

My vtec works as said in the fist post. And now my eps light is on but that works once i drive it but light stays on . Think my ep3 is hounted
  33. R

no vtec

Ok so tryed to plug into the k-pro couldnt download the driver software because aprently i needed to be connected to the net wile pluged into the k-pro wile still in the car. but my wifi dosn't reach to my drive lol. Wile investigating the k-pro i noticed a black earth wire cut on the block...
  34. R

no vtec

OK yeah ** check for error codes first, see what hondata comes up with
  35. R

no vtec

im going to try and plug into the k-pro with my laptop see if that reads any codes ? or was thinking load a base map back onto the k-pro and see if it cures it ??
  36. R

no vtec

sweet thanks mate
  37. R

no vtec

k-pro and i don't have hondata software were do i get it and the lead ? cheers
  38. R

no vtec

the car was already mapped by previous owner and the 02 sensor i got is ngk thought they where perfectly fine ?
  39. R

no vtec

the obdII tool
  40. R

no vtec

41. R

no vtec

lol I am new to Honda's but my vtec has been re-mapped down to 5k not by myself
  42. R

no vtec

I do have hondata kpro. Think ther could be an issue with this?
  43. R

no vtec

yeah i plug back into it and comes up with p0132 again :/
  44. R

no vtec

the manifold/downpipe sensor as stated on the diag tool 'sensor 1'
  45. R

no vtec

02 sensor replaced still same problem. and same code on the diag p0132??
  46. R

EP3 Problem

did you ever get this problem sorted mate ?
  47. R

Baby Seat in a Type R

I use my 235bhp ep3 on tein coilovers as a daily. and a recaro baby seat in the back :)
  48. R

no vtec

Ha Ha thanks guys thought it was, just wanted to clarify cheers
  49. R

no vtec

The short wired sensor ?
  50. R

no vtec

so the one on the manifold/downpipe ??
  51. R

no vtec

oh and witch lambada sensor is sensor 1 the sensor on the cat (mynes decat) dose this matter or the on on manifold/downpipe
  52. R

no vtec

OK so i plugged into it with works obdII scanner firstly MIL light status. on But light not on, on the dash (sum rite j*****s has properly taken the bulb out) codes stored p0132 witch is 02 sensor 1 i believe so will this effect my vtect the way i described it ??
  53. R

205/50/17

Hi huys can you pit these on a ep3 ??
  54. R

no vtec

yeah i see what your saying mate. ** try the reset joby i do have a hondata ecu vtect has been lowered to 5k
  55. R

no vtec

Yeah that was my first thourght. Soliniod. They common to go down? And no i havernt yet mate but do work in a garage and have access to code readers ect but havernt had a chanve thanks for the help guys :-)
  56. R

no vtec

Hi i have no vtec untill i switch my ignition off and back on once my engine is warm. Oil is fine ect its just doesn't vtect when warm untill i switch my engine off then on any idears ??
  57. R

Turbo Project

ok thanks for your reply mate :) and when you say its set up by gear for boost how do you mean ?
  58. R

Turbo Project

sounds cool mate i want to turbo myne but just not shaw on witch kit to go for as some give low hp for the money
  59. R

K-Pro. Mapping/Comparisons/Problems.

sweet guys cheers :-)
  60. R

Turbo Project

yes i am mate first ep3
  61. R

sweet and best kit to get ??
  62. R

cheers for all the advice. so could i use my ecu if i wanted to turbo charge my ctr ?
  63. R

i think it is a true upgrade as the rev limmit is 8750or roundabout (or is that nomal) and vtec kicks in at bout just over 5k poss 5200
  64. R

hi i have an recipt with my ctr for a hondata ecu. i looked at the ecu the other day looked standard it has 37820-PRA-E11 on the front of it and someones writtern 'reflash 04' on it im guessing it may of just had hardwear upgrade in standard unit ???
  65. R

Turbo Project

hi mate im in basingstoke
Back