• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

cams?? need help

Pro Series are the ones to go for, but you may need raised compression to make them work optimally. Pro1 will probably work OK on a stock bottom end, but Pro2 and Pro3 you're probably looking at high comp, lightweight pistons at a minimum.
  2. K

EP3 Brake Kit Options

What aspect are you trying to improve with a BBK?
  3. K

My Rear Discs

Yes, you won't gain much by upgrading just the rears, but you can reduce braking performance significantly by only upgrading the fronts. Brakes are all about balance, not outright power. ;)
  4. K

My Rear Discs

On the contrary, upgrading the rear brakes is one of the few things that can reduce stopping distances other than tyres, well assuming your front brakes can already lock the wheels! It's worth putting the same pads on the back as you do the front so as not to lengthen stopping distances with...
  5. K

LSD for CTR

A Quaife is definitely noticeable on the road. My ATR doesn't feel like it has one in comparison (although I have been taking it easy as it's on **** tyres at the moment). An EP3 flywheel is only 4.5kgs? I find that highly unlikely.
  6. K

Cant live with standard height anymore..

I'm not sure what the rates are like for the EP3, (I presume that's what you have) but on the EK9 the Eibach springs were only around 10% stiffer than stock. The standard dampers should handle an extra 10% fine assuming they are in good health.
  7. K

whats the lowest spring you can buy for the ep3

I would hazard a guess at it being because it starts screwing up the geometry and affecting the handling more than the lower CoG improves it.
  8. K

whats the lowest spring you can buy for the ep3

Geometry issues aside, coilovers will have shortened, uprated dampers to cope with the spring rates you need to run that low.
  9. K

Longer Final Drive + JDM Torsen

This is all very interesting, I never knew you could match the LSD steering force with castor angle. Know you've mentioned it though it makes perfect sense. Would explains why the Quaife in my EK felt so 'alive' (i.e. you had to wrestle the wheel) and yet you can't notice the effects of the OEM...
  10. K

Longer Final Drive + JDM Torsen

Are you sure you are not confusing the torque vectoring effects of the Torsen with a weak self centering? Because you are applying different amounts of torque to the inside and outside wheels coming out of a turn the effect is similar to tank tracks where the car actually wants to turn more than...
  11. K

New member with a 2002 NHB ATR.

Hello chaps, my name is Dan and I'm a Hondaholic. Some of you might know me from the EK9/ITR and ATR forums, I previously had a fairly modified EK4 VTi which I used for various duties from pootling to work, to trackdays, autosolos, sprints and the odd road rally. She was a peach on the handling...
Back