• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. AndrewEP3

Do i really need a rack riser and tie rod ends?

Will i be alright without the track rods?
  2. AndrewEP3

Do i really need a rack riser and tie rod ends?

I have recently purchased some yellowspeed coilovers and keep seeing conflicting reviews to weather or not i need a rack riser and the extended tie rod ends. My car is currently on ABP/Eibach 30mm springs, which i have had no issues with in terms of having toe and camber set up, so im asuming as...
  3. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

I still have the oem cat and manifold. That figure was with the tegiwa intake and tegiwa 2.5" cat back system. Friends with similar set ups have gotten figures around that.
  4. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thought i'd post a little update. A few weeks ago i went down to AK Motorworx in Plymouth with a local car club as they had organised a dyno day. Was a few of us in Hondas, me and my mates ep3's, couple of DC2's, my mates EK4 Vti, the new FK2 and an ej9 with a ukdm dc2 B18 swap. I made 214.6bhp...
  5. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

They are ET42
  6. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

For the final update here's a video of myself, my friend his EK4 and my mate in his fairly modified Polo all competing in a recent 1/4 event. I ended up coming 3rd this time in the front wheel drive class. Also gave an FK2 a good run for its money hahaha. https://vimeo.com/164166883
  7. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

So next my Mugen rep parts were delivered. I got them from a Slovakian manufacturer called BKR Honda. The quality of the parts were excellent and fitted pretty much 100% perfect. I would say to anyone that buys a lip, even though the fit is virtually perfect, i could still have it properly...
  8. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

I decided to sand the pain off of the Honda logo and it looks so much better If anyone is interested this is the paint i used. I bought the as a pair off of Amazon for around £20
  9. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Havnt been on here for a few months, but there have been a couple changes. I got myself a facelift mugen grille and lip and refurbishing my rocker cover. The rocker cover was an absolute state! Its taken me a while to get round to sorting it out but it was such an eye sore it had to be done. I...
  10. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Little update, been after a set of Premiere Recaro's for ages, but they were always a bit out of my price range or came up cheap when i had no money as usual. I had seen a guy not far from me post some up with rails for £400 but again didnt have the money, he took the advert down a week later...
  11. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

If you intersted give ABP a call, they were £150
  12. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

My springs are the Abp/Eibach 30mm springs only available through ABP Motorsport who had them specially comissioned when eibach changed their pro springs from 30mm to 15/25. I have run them on the standard shocks for two years and been down some horrendous roads several times, hit pot holes...
  13. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Their deffo an improvement over stock for sure, ive got hel braded lines aswell and just had the brake fluid changed so it's all working nicely. No complaints with the pads either. I might try the forodo ds2500's next just cus everyone raves about them being amazing, but apart from that im very...
  14. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

The one i got from Alex fitted extremely well, just needed to give it a little sanding around the screw holes and on one of the back edges. The holes lined up fine, just make sure you test fit it first. He does state that his wings should be checked and installed by a professional of necisary...
  15. AndrewEP3

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

Much better, car feels alo frier if that makes sense, especially top end. Of course it is a kind of minimal feeling without a remap and extra mods
  16. AndrewEP3

I bought one of these last month on the black friday deal. Wont be looking at mapping for a while, but it seemes extremely well made and had gussets where the old models used to crack. As said above it isnt too loud, doesnt drone at all like my old spoon n1 used to. Ive heard that you get good...
  17. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Yeah i spoke to Johnny at Tegiwa and asked a few others and their on the right way, no problems so far. They have been on for about a month now :)
  18. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Here is the car now after a recent wash
  19. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

After this black Friday came along so I seized the opportunity and bought myself a new oil cap and 2.5" cat back from Tegiwa. So this is where the absolute ball ache started. First of all none of the gaskets tegiwa supplied remotely fitted the flange on their centre section, let alone the...
  20. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Right I have been quiet for a few months as I have been extremely busy, but I have a fair few updates aswell. Firstly I bought a mugen wing from Fibreworx. Excellent fitment, just needed a little bit of standing and it was perfect. Alex was great do deal with and kept me up to date at every...
  21. AndrewEP3

Evo Recaro's in an EP3 question

I think i'll hang on until i se a proper set of premiere seats come up :)
  22. AndrewEP3

Oh, even though i rarely have passengers in the back it's always good to have the option. I take it the proper Premiere seats for the EP3 do go forwards to allow passengers then?
  23. AndrewEP3

Ah cool, thank you!
  24. AndrewEP3

I have seen these seats for sale at a good price on DC2 rails, i take it the seats themselves are exactly the same as the premiere edition EP3 Recaros? As in same fittings. Are there any seat rails i can use for a direct fit? I've seen some of the fittings guides, but i'd rarther try and get...
  25. AndrewEP3

Si's second attempt at a Honda...

Wow, you've done an amazing job so far, love your car!
  26. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

27. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Another quick update. My RPB front discs turned up from Tegiwa today, they look awesome and are also coated all around the rim of the disc to stop that rusting aswell as the centers.
  28. AndrewEP3

My 2004 EP3, Mugen Rep spoiler fitted

Cars looking awesome mate, really like the torques in bronze on a black car :)
  29. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Met up with a few friends tonight, one of them has a Glanza. This thing is running around 300bhp and is an absolute rocket! Some of you may have seen it on track at Japfest this year.
  30. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Before anyone says, yeah i have curbed a couple of the wheels :(
  31. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Tought i'd do a quick update with a couple pics from the weekend. As requested here's a side view of the cars with the Rota Titans Here's a close up and a front view, it's kinda hard to show the slight concave.
  32. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Not yet, i will do as soon as my car is back from having it's clutch done :)
  33. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Cheers, i dont think hardly anyone is running Titans on an EP3 :)
  34. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thank you :)
  35. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

UPDATE: I have been quiet on here for a while as I've been taking care of other things un-car related, which has taken up any spare money I had. I decided not to use the mugen rep wing I had as the fitment was poor, some of the holes didn't match up whatsoever and there was a crack in the...
  36. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Yeah thats the plan, i had wondered what it would look like in a gloss black as im looking to get my new wheels in the next two months. I've read there are a couple different shades of cosmic grey too. I will have to look around and get some quotes
  37. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Quick little update, bought a mugen rep the other day. It looks pretty good, although has a hairline crack in it about 4 inches long. I messaged the seller and he has refunded some of my money, although did ask if i wanted to swap it for another one. A bit of filler, sanding and a professional...
  38. AndrewEP3

Rota Grid Drift 16x8 Et30 will they fit?

Dont suppose you have a pic of his car with the titans on do you? Cant find any pics of EP's with them anywhere
  39. AndrewEP3

Luckily i live 20 minutes away from Rare Rims who are and official Rota dealer. I found with wheels that they can almost look quite different in the flesh as it were. I went down there a while back and had a look at some Titans in gunmetal grey. They looked awesome to be honest and i've not seen...
  40. AndrewEP3

I think im most likely gling to go for Tourque's in 17x8 instead haha
  41. AndrewEP3

Ah ok, thanks for your help. Im Lowered 30mm at the moment
  42. AndrewEP3

A friend of mine is selling a set of Rota Grid Drifts in 16x8 et30, would i have any problems putting these on my EP3? I dont know anything about wheels really, does going from 17's to 16's make much difference?
  43. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Just to update my thread a little, i shall have a Tegiwa intake in a couple weeks, pretty excited about that haha. Im also entering another drag event at Dakota Raceway on the 15th November :)
  44. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

I went and asked them to find me one. They found 4 before i went for this one and they gave me a years warranty and free MOT's for life.
  45. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

I bought mine with 58k on clock from my local Honda dealer for 6k! It was absolutely mint though
  46. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Ah ok, thanks man. I think i shall keep my money and spend it on something else then. Currently putting money back for the Tegiwa Intake and a mugen rep wing, may go with a mugen grille aswell. Also planning to repaint the rocker cover at some point. Then i'll probably think about wheels.
  47. AndrewEP3

Jdm recaros

What rails are they on?
  48. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

I have so many plans for it :) Ive found some DC2 recaros in black that i want to put in my car, are their any rails that will fit them straight in? I dont really want to go drilling my existing frames
  49. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Hardly catches atall really mate, although if you have two people in the back it has very briefly scraped on the arch round tight corners. Other than that ive only slightly scraped on those horrible "sleeping policemen" style speed humps as the b-pipe hangs lowish on EP's. If you take them...
  50. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Couple more updates, replaced all the discs and pads last week, got the whole lot through my friend for £93, instead of £150 full price. I also entered the 1/4 mile drag event at Dakota Raceway in Smeatharpe Devon, which is about a half hour drive from my house. At the end of the day I came...
  51. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thought I'd update with a couple videos of the Spoon N1 backbox fitted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPcLX8uJnU&index=2&list=UUsOljApSyMeA8TPdDXzYiVg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDRhfgZYMsY&index=1&list=UUsOljApSyMeA8TPdDXzYiVg
  52. AndrewEP3

o_o - Cosmic Grey EP3

How was the fit? My friend is looking to get one next week
  53. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thanks :) still loads to do to it yet. Been looking at DC5 recaros. Need to start saving for new wheels, intake, back bumper needs a respray, possible engine mods/remap next year.
  54. AndrewEP3

o_o - Cosmic Grey EP3

Hahaha, thats damn loud! Im running a Spoon N1 with OEM b-pipe and even thats quite booming! Not a chance that im going unsilenced lol
  55. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Finally a slight update! I was currently saving for an M2 Spoon N1 rep, which I was going to buy as soon as I got paid on the 15th, but as luck would have it I logged onto facebook one day to find several of my friends had tagged me in a post of a guy selling a genuine Spoon N1 for £145 due to...
  56. AndrewEP3

I think i found that thread last night on CTRO? Or may have been on here, the posts were from 2012 i think, you would hope that issue would have been resolved by now hopefully. Basically im looking for something that sounds nice, but isnt too loud or droning an will pass an mot haha
  57. AndrewEP3

M2 Super Street (spoon n1 rep)

Nah i haven't gotten round to getting one yet, i too am slightly worried about how loud it will be, having owned stupidly loud motorbikes in the past i don't think i can handle loud exhausts anymore haha.
  58. AndrewEP3

That doesnt sound too promising does it haha
  59. AndrewEP3

Looking at getting one of these myself now, anyone know the db rating on these? Will it pass an mot alright?
  60. AndrewEP3

o_o - Cosmic Grey EP3

How loud is the exhaust? Im ordering one next week
  61. AndrewEP3

Yeah i will do, i havnt found a video yet of the set up i'll be running, so it'll be good to share with others that are interested
  62. AndrewEP3

Well once again thanks for your help guys :)
  63. AndrewEP3

Ah cool, thanks for your help guys. I'm going to keep the silenced b-pipe as after owning motorbikes with ear bleedingly loud exhausts my heaing has deffinatly taken a bit if a battering haha
  64. AndrewEP3

Will i pass an MOT Sound wise do you reckon? With OEM system but the M2 backbox
  65. AndrewEP3

Is anyone on here running one on their EP3? Im looking at just the back box for now, my car is standard exhaust wise. Would it be that loud with the silenced OEM b-pipe? Can only find decent videos of the jap style M2 exhaust. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/331078876134?nav=SEARCH
  66. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Yeah Grids look great on pretty much any car, especially on EP's. They are one of my choices, been looking at the Rota Torques and Titans aswell or Grid Drifts. It's hard to choose haha
  67. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thank you :) saving up for new wheels, Tegiwa induction and catback. If anyone has any wheel suggestions feel free to say, kind of want to refurb these in black, but I'm undecided.
  68. AndrewEP3

Cosmic Grey EP3

Hey, I'm Andrew. I've been lurking around this forum for just over a year now and decided to start my own build thread. After owning a very problematic Polo Gti 6n2, which spent more time in the garage than it did on the road I decided to save my money and look for an EP3 as I've always wanted...
Back