• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. BushyBaws

Mileage LCD not Lighting up

Trip part of the speedo where it displays the mileage, trip info etc isn't illuminating when lights are switched on...any ideas? Thinking it may be a fuse somewhere... :( On another note, i can add to more repairs to my car recently...car needed cv joint replacing...£180...the joys of...
  2. BushyBaws

Clicking Noise from around headlight area

Sorry in the delay Loxy, been working overtime on 12 hour shifts, first chance i've had to actually log back in to the forums. Much appreciated for the reply, I pulled the plug on the motor at the rear of the headlight for now, as it sits at zero anyway...will eventually get round to replacing...
  3. BushyBaws

Clicking Noise from around headlight area

Hi there, I've browsed the forum, and saw a few threads on this but not entirely sure if they are what I am experiencing. Clicking noise when key is turned to second point before engine starting, even when engine is started clicking noise keeps happening, lights are off...still clicking noise...
  4. BushyBaws

BushyBaws Knight Hawk Black EP3

Plus going down the forge route...rods and pistons plus labour is major dosh if i'm right in thinking and flinging say £10'000 at a fully forged engine is in my eyes a bit nuts for an everyday work horse ;) I'll stick to say 300-340Bhp thanks :cool:
  5. BushyBaws

@Rambo Strip down is a no go for me, i've already had the full bottom end rebuilt using up-rated crank and race bearings, the top ends had it's fair share of a small skim, new gasket, new guide, chain and tensioner. It's already stronger than an average stock block, which is ok up to around...
  6. BushyBaws

Broken hearted and unwillingness to depart with my money pit, I've decided to just keep the car! going to be ordering a new VTC next week and fitting this myself, as the locking pin on the current one seems to not want to lock the cam at 0 degrees some mornings causing a lovely sounding noise...
  7. BushyBaws

After much thought, deliberation and much sadness.......The car is up for sale on Gumtree and soon to be Autotrader, I have thrown iver £3000 at the car and it makes me feel a bit sick having thrown so much money at a car that just isn't worth the wonga. Who ever grabs the car at the price I'm...
  8. BushyBaws

Tell me about it, but never one to give up and always will throw money at the car as I do have a soft spot for her :) Skimmed head im hoping brings home a few extra bhp :)
  9. BushyBaws

Even more sad news, head gasket went between cylinder 3 & 4, lucky for me it was covered under warranty of bottom end build. Heads been skimmed and the cars being picked up in next few days when i finish my shift pattern, not had her for over 2 weeks as she lay on the driveway motionless...
  10. BushyBaws

Rear Windscreen Cleaning

As the the title suggests, the rear windscreen is scratched on the surface a fair amount due to the last idiot who never looked after the car had ran the rear wiper down to nothing and it has left surface scratches along the course of where the wiper wipes. Any idea if I can use a glass...
  11. BushyBaws

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Friday will be pay day so...can you pm a paypal address? :) cheers sir
  12. BushyBaws

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Are these still on the go? :asw:<--- BAPS
  13. BushyBaws

Sounds like Someone Ate Cereal!

yeah...kind of glad it happened at the beginning so now I know where I am working from for the turbo build coming shortly. Uprated race bearings and uprated clutch put in place etc...engines solid along with uprated crank :)
  14. BushyBaws

it appears that the previous owner hadnt paid much attention to the oil levels within the car. Along with a slack chain didnt help as the tensioner went. The bearings were run dry due to low oil :(
  15. BushyBaws

Resetting ECU

cheers sir :) Will do it tomorrow when its a little bit lighter outside :) thanks again sir
  16. BushyBaws

Resetting ECU

cheers for reply folks, loxy...do I just take the fuse out and thats it or take it out and start the car? could you explain please :)
  17. BushyBaws

definately sir...having to go down traction control route also with the kpro plus thought about a LSD if I went for 600bhp. Chains are sooooo bad....think its hit or miss whether or not you get lucky or not with them. Just dont want to use stock block putting too much stress on engine. Even...
  18. BushyBaws

also...the crankshaft is an uprated one off an integra im sure...saved myself money with that one :)
  19. BushyBaws

stuck ACL race bearings in along with blueprint clutch....alot better than oem :) cause of issue was previous owner never looked after it correctly....not checking oil levels...causing bearings to rub to the brass...scoring the crank....not getting engine rattle sorted...leading to timing...
  20. BushyBaws

nooooooooo....my bad luck has ran its course with the car :) anything and everything that could go wrong majorly has gone wrong and rectified by the professionals at Triple H Performance :) Seriously cant give Henry as much credit as I'd have liked too :D
  21. BushyBaws

spudgun GB's premier edition ep3

I'll be honest, I love my proxes, but they are a bit pants in the wet. I will be changing them as soon as the buggers go down :) apparently asymmetrics are awesome for wet or dry according to this forum and every other forum out there :) But seriously, you have a lovely example right there...
  22. BushyBaws

New to hondas, rattling on 04 CTR, timing chain was recently done? HELP PLEASE

I would've thought that if the clearances weren't done correctly, you would know so. Only other thing i'm thinking it could be is either heatshields (check exhaust manifold one, driveshaft, cat and back end of exhaust for looseness on those covers, rocker cover not tightened or worst case...
  23. BushyBaws

Rovelo tyres? Are they budget tyres? First thing to do is switch them! :) Toyo Proxes or F1 Asymmetrics is good choice in my eyes :asw:
  24. BushyBaws

My facelift Ep3 (Work in progress)

is one selling it then? ;)
  25. BushyBaws

Very nice :) :D
  26. BushyBaws

more so...least I know the car is solid now for the turbo build :)
  27. BushyBaws

My facelift Ep3 (Work in progress)

Really sweeeeet :) Quite fancy getting myself a replica Mugen grill to be fair :smt047
  28. BushyBaws

Ouch indeed, final invoice just came through :rolleyes:
  29. BushyBaws

Welcome to the forum ;) The guys/girls on here are fantastic with helping a lot. I can't thank them enough for the wealth of knowledge from forum members over the short period I have been a member. Dry bearing does not sound good, my bearings were knackered, right down to the brass to be...
  30. BushyBaws

Shot bearings :( Luckily all fixed now
  31. BushyBaws

it truly is a killer :( Just trying to drive as much as possible just now to take it over the 500mile mark to get oil changed and filters done to sit back in VTec yo :P Also waiting word back on a Gruppe M airbox along with a swap of scuttle panels :) gave the car a quick wash then snowfoamed...
  32. BushyBaws

Thought I would keep this updated with current going on's with the car. Sort of keep updated as a build thread as I go along, any issues that I face along the way etc. As people have probably seen from other threads in "Faults & Servicing" section. I had rattles, knocks...the whole lot...
  33. BushyBaws

Update* Got the car back today, full bottom end rebuild, new ADL Blueprint clutch, new crank rod, new timing chain, new guides and new tensioner. Can honestly say driving it home below 4000rpm was lovely to hear the engine purr, no noises, no rattles, no clutch slip, no knocking...nada! Can't...
  34. BushyBaws

Check my thread on "Sounds like cereal" within faults and servicing. May help you out a bit, had similar issues.
  35. BushyBaws

Resetting ECU

Have a previous thread with regards to my car having full bottom end rebuild, but was wondering how I would go about resetting my ECU? Do i just disconnect the battery for half an hour or so? And will this make any difference with regards to learning my driving habits?
  36. BushyBaws

£500 seems about right, Henry at Triple H Performance never charged me labour as the engine was out the car anyway, so sort of saved myself a fair amount on labour for the clutch. Could have lasted another 1000 miles or so, but it was slipping...so decided if the cars getting sorted, may as...
  37. BushyBaws

Tell me about it, but it will be worth it in the long run :) ADL BluePrint clutch that's going in it, apparently not a bad clutch. Don't think the clutch has ever been changed in the car according to the service manual and receipts that came with the car. Only had 2 owners from new. But...
  38. BushyBaws

Yeah, for now until i get the car back at least, although I will be talking to Henry about it all, as the misses refuses to allow me to buy myself an r33 gtr, but she allows me to get the civic turbo charged haha
  39. BushyBaws

full bottom end rebuild, new crank, new aftermarket clutch also as it was hitting the blue nearly turning to dust. expensive in my eyes for only having the car 3 months...£1900 or there abouts all in. Least when its done the car will be like new :)
  40. BushyBaws

Another update: The car went into Triple H Performance as the bottom end has gone. On the brighter side of things, the car has been fitted with a brand new chain, a brand new tensioner and new guides. The car is stripped down to it's balls just now, getting a bottom end rebuild and I should...
  41. BushyBaws

Quick update...I have added a video to you tube for others to listen to the noise and perhaps see that their car is making the same noise. Still to take the car in to Triple H tomorrow, so will keep the post updated as and when I hear information back...
  42. BushyBaws

Well it appears, that the car is back making the same noise, along with more noises. Sounds like a tip-tap coming from the head now. The car as a whole now sounds worse now than it did before going in. They are telling me they never adjusted the valve clearances, as that was the next thing to...
  43. BushyBaws

Thankfully, to say...The car is running as sweet as Mr Kippling's Exceedingly good cakes :) Tensioner, chain and guides all replaced, rattle-be-gone. Treated her to a nice trip down the beach first thing this morning before work to make her feel good after her illness ha ha :)
  44. BushyBaws

VTC gear

Nah, mines is definately not making noises going downhill...Im hoping the mechanic has pin-pointed the issue with regards to it being the chain and tensioner. The noise didn't happen all the time from cold, was only 80% of the time really. Noise seemed to be coming from far left side of the...
  45. BushyBaws

VTC gear

Hey Stuart, You could be right or then again you could be wrong. I was not having a go if you thought that, i was trying to suggest it could be other things also. You have me slightly concerned now, as my car is in the garage just now and they are replacing only the timing chain and...
  46. BushyBaws

VTC gear

Really? The cold start rattle is usually to do with not enough pressure on the timing chain from the tensioner. Since it is hydraulic, the oil pressure allows the pressure of the tensioner to hold the chain in place (tensioned). Your Vtec gear or chain for the gear, will not likely need...
  47. BushyBaws

Ok, The tensioner was the root of the problem, but due to the noise happening for more than a few days or perhaps longer and me not noticing it, I have decided to get the chain replaced at the same time. Although it is an added cost, It is cheaper for me to do it now when the work is already...
  48. BushyBaws

*Update* Car went into the garage today to get the noise found and fixed. After sourcing a lot of information over the web these past few days, and listening to where the noise is coming from, it is most definately without a doubt...around the cam area, leading me and others to believe it is...
  49. BushyBaws

Whats this pipe?

I'm prety sure that's a PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) breather port..could be wrong though.
  50. BushyBaws

Sounds like someone is actually eating cereal extremely loud in my ear...sort of a rattle on cold start ups, not every time but most times. Even happens after driving the car that day and being left for few hours, before jumping back in it. Ratttttttttttttttttttttleeeeeeee...1..2..3...seconds...
  51. BushyBaws

Loud crunching noise on start up

Mines does the exact same, developed the fault the other day :( Having mine replaced on Friday, will certainly keep you updated if your problem is unresolved. All my heat shields were re-fixed, including exhaust manifold shield...still the problem happened intermittently. It's either the gear...
  52. BushyBaws

I am wanting to keep the exterior the same forever, although I will be getting the wheels sorted out (refurbed and recoated) soon enough to bring them back to new condition, few kerb marks n scuffs from previous owner. Orange indicator lense, i have no idea why one is orange, the other being...
  53. BushyBaws

Hi Folks, Thought i'd post a few pictures of my 2004 Facelift EP3. Current mods are - Nada! Looking to keep it as standard as possible for now, externally and internally. Until...a good guy from Triple H Performance gets back to me regarding a turbo project. Hopefully in the next few...
  54. BushyBaws

KPro + Turbo DIY

Will certainly try keep as active as possible on the forums, the guys up this way ever have meets? Cheers again for the right direction for stuff :)
  55. BushyBaws

KPro + Turbo DIY

Ive seen a few threads on here yeah, but vast majority of them are done via TDi-North down in England. I'm looking for more of a DIY way, just the information on the parts I need to fit the EP3. Hopefully Triple H Performance will get back to me with regards to my two emails i just sent :)...
  56. BushyBaws

KPro + Turbo DIY

I just emailed him 2 minutes ago...cheers for the heads up about the forced induction information also, will send another email just now with regards to this :) The only thing i'm concerned about (just a tad) is with that amount of power and with the K20 short gear ratios, it'll sound like the...
  57. BushyBaws

KPro + Turbo DIY

You are some man! :D Ahhh...will have to keep reading more and more on forums worldwide regarding turbo charging...really tempted by TDi North's kit...but £3k is a tad steep for me, would take me around 6-7 months to save for that alone :( Ideally looking around the £1500-2k mark, individual...
  58. BushyBaws

KPro + Turbo DIY

Hi, Firstly, awesome site! :) Been very helpful that search box with a few issues i've had recently. Im from Ayrshire in Scotland, and been looking for somewhere up this way that will remap my 2004 EP3. Still to my illusion, this does not exist as far as i can find. Appears to be a lot of...
  59. BushyBaws

Clutch Query

Cheers sir, was starting to panic just a tad! :) Soars through the gears with no issues also, so at least i have nothing to worry about, thanks again
  60. BushyBaws

Clutch Query

Hi there, 04 EP3...im new to honda and this mad thing they call Vtech :lol: Righty...im unsure about the clutch on these cars...there doesn't appear to be any slip on it, but it appears that it takes little movement inwards in order to change gear, came from vauxhall where the clutch required...
Back