• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

Lower fn2 seats

Is it possible to lower standard fn2 seats? I know there's the manual adjustment but I still would like them a lot lower. The driving position isn't the best. Ideas?
  2. M

air intake

Just buy my AEM induction instead. (-:
  3. M

Check system graphic / light is on

Yep got the motor plugged in this morning. The error was over fuelling in pot 1 and I can only think it was down to the AEM induction. Never had this happen before and seems too much of a coincidence for it not to be the induction. My mates garage said its possible because the induction will be...
  4. M

Thanks Loxy. Car ar was driving when the light came on so wasn't messing under the bonnet. I'm dropping in at a mates Subaru garage in the morning to stick it on the diagnostic. He seems to think its a sensor gone mad or just need restarting. If that doesn't work I'll disconnect battery etc as...
  5. M

The check system light has come on. I have a fn2 just been running an AEM induction which I've taken off tonight. No other lights are on just the check system. Engine is running fine etc. Any ideas? Do I need to take it to a dealer for a reset or can I do this somehow?
  6. M

FN2 2008 Door Sills

To get them off do you just pull? Don't want to break the clips. )-:
  7. M

FN2 2008 Door Sills

Is the type r writing on them already on the film or the metal? Does it come off with the metal polish etc? Also what metal polish? ps yours finished look nice. ;-)
  8. M

Leather or alcantara gear gaiter on fn2????

Let me know how you get on quality etc. Pics too (-; I'd order but holiday so no point till I'm back.
  9. M

FN2 2008 Door Sills

How are they attached to the car?
  10. M

Custom build exhaust fn2

Sounds good. They were zorstec near Bradford. Hmmmmm Ill find someone else or a used system I hope. )-:
  11. M

Can't decide if I should get leather alcantara? Life decision. Lol
  12. M

Sounds like you need to glue it to the old frame. Should be easy.
  13. M

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390771232681 Or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161245825048 just search on eBay.
  14. M

Custom build exhaust fn2

I went to see my local custom performance exhaust builders (naming no names) and what they suggested for the cash was STUPID. They were going to leave the front silencer in, remove the back box etc and just replace with pipe work. They want just over £400 for this. Is it me or are they taking...
  15. M

Stupid question time.

Oh dear. Thanks for that and wow how much. Only need front ones really )-; I might just hack holes for the moment in a really bodged style.
  16. M

Show me you rear window decals.

Love the second post. I prefer clean. I remove all stickers.
  17. M

FN2 2008 Door Sills

Mines got the film on with a little bit of the corners looking crappy. I pulled a bit off, got scared and stuck it back. How you get get them off and what do you clean it with? Also do they look any different when polished? I wouldn't want a chrome finish or anything.
  18. M

My gear gaiter is now looking a bit crap. Should I keep it standard but get a leather version or go alcantara with red stitching?
  19. M

Aem induction kit???

Not noticed. Probably worse because it sounds great so you drive it harder. Lol my fault though. I've hear it should do better though. Selling mine if you're interested.
  20. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Thanks Chris. Really appreciated.
  21. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Would love to get a new one but budget won't got that far. )-: trying to find a used one but currently no luck.
  22. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Just seen this too. Insane ampunt if cash needed. Hmmm http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221515151533
  23. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Found it thanks mate. What's the HKS like? Sound, build quality etc?
  24. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Got a link?
  25. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Have to see. Really would like to hear some different setups but no one is close to me. That I can find anyway.
  26. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Ye I get that they are there but if you can see through one but not the other it'll look a bit crap?
  27. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Not sure about the signal exhaust. Prefer the twin look. Do you do a twin?
  28. M

Remove scratches from glass

Thanks mate.
  29. M

Thanks. So are you saying standard glass Polish will get the wiper marks out but for anything more I'll need a rotary polisher?
  30. M

Anyway know the best way to remove scratches from both the side windows and windscreen? The guy that had my FN2 before me has somehow randomly scratched them. I've seen a few polishes etc but really would like some advice.
  31. M

Advice needed on exhaust

Sounds nice. Never seen any FD2s around me):
  32. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Just can't find one now used that is. That one on eBay got taken off before it ended )-:
  33. M

Aem short ram induction kit

Have just put one on myself. Sounds insane. Feels like it's created a bit more hesitation but still awesome. Not 100% sure if I'll keep it on or not yet. Want milltek really but can't find used one. Jacobluke did did you get the AEM?
  34. M

Advice needed on exhaust

Loxy. What exhaust are you running. Seem to see you on this forum a lot.
  35. M

Aem induction kit???

I've an AEM short ram on now FN2. Sounds insane, not fully sure if I'm keeping it or not yet. Did you get one? want a milltek really )-: ive vie some video of before and after just not had time to put it anywhere yet.
  36. M

Hks induction kit

So want a milltek myself. Know anything selling?
  37. M

Hks induction kit

Oh dear. I'll have to see how my AEM goes. The reviews I've read are mostly good. Delivery is next week. I'll see if I get any problems.
  38. M

Hks induction kit

Derrrr sorry just noticed it says it under you profile image.
  39. M

Hks induction kit

Can't wait to get mine on. So want a milltek too but can't afford new. Finding it card to get a second hand one though. )-:
  40. M

Hks induction kit

Where in the uk are you DaveF09
  41. M

Hks induction kit

Sounds nice. So hard to tell from videos the real difference. I've a heat shield coming with the AEM. Not sure how much difference they make really.
  42. M

Hks induction kit

Awesome. Glad you got it done. I've an AEM kit coming. Looking forward to it. Hope you get some vids on. No idea if you can upload from your phone on here. The experience from a phone is a little painful.
  43. M

Hks induction kit

Hey. Let us know how you get on. Video of how it sounds would be cool.
  44. M

Hks induction kit

Jacobluke. Did you get the induction fitted? I've got an AEM with heatsheld on the way.
  45. M

Hks induction kit

I like how my post got shut down asking if anyone was selling an item in this forum. Literally after the same exhaust. Does not seem to be one rule for all.
  46. M

I need to read the rules

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?42362-Why-can-t-I-create-a-new-thread-in-this-section
  47. M

Stupid question time.

Lol oh dear. I had a EP3 year ago so should have noticed. They do seem to fit perfectly though.
  48. M

Stupid question time.

Random photo for you. Thoughts?
  49. M

Stupid question time.

I have the original type r matts. Bit confused though as the drivers has the typical two holes on the back right for the retaining pins but no pins. Instead it has those black plastic retainers placed so they don't line up with the matts. Suppose the question is which is normal for an FN2? And...
  50. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Just about spent the evening watch YouTube. Hard to compare but the milltek seems nice. Something like the below. http://youtu.be/6er8iNpeBt0 What do you think to the eBay link above too? ps thanks for the input so far. Really appreciated.
  51. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Just don't want to loose my marbles.
  52. M

Which exhaust for FN2

Starting to think quite isn't the future. Don't want a system that'll drive me insane but I've not herd any on FN2. Trying to find if there's anyone close to me. Leeds ish. I know TDI is Warrington ish but I don't have much time to get over there really. What do you guys think to the below...
  53. M

Which exhaust for FN2

I'm new here. Thinking of starting some mods. Thoughts on what exhaust system ideally after used for now and not too loud. Just something to give a better sound. I unsolder stand the gains are nothing to think about. Thoughts?
  54. M

Milltek owners

Are you guys still happy with the exhaust? Just looking into one myself. mike
Back