• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Octopus

is it worth getting oem drop links for my ep3??

I used the Meyle HD ones when I installed my JDM rear ARB. They are a lot better than the OEM ones.
  2. Octopus

M2 cat back

I bought my silenced M2 centre section from eBay. Has been great to be honest. Not too loud with my standard back box. I would check if the one you are looking at is the silenced or unsilenced version. If it's the latter it will be very loud - I'd recommend the silenced even though it's more...
  3. Octopus

Silenced sportex b pipe and back box too loud?

I have an M2 silenced centre section with a standard back box and I think it sounds great. Reasonably quiet when cruising but gives a nice sound when accelerating hard and using VTEC. Thinking of adding a Spoon N1 back box but I think it'd be too loud for my liking.
  4. Octopus

AEM CAI hydro lock chance?

Hondata or Gruppe M/Tegiwa. The end.
  5. Octopus

OEM Catalytic/Japspeed Manifold

It will fit on but you would need to ideally have it mapped at the same time. You can get gains in other ways by doing other mods for example improving flow by getting a new B-Pipe. The second hand catalytic converter may be a gamble but you'll not know until it's fitted and MOT tested.
  6. Octopus

Bearing annoying noise

Just a word of warning, when I changed my top pulley the crank pulley was on its last legs too. Would be worth inspecting that whilst it's all apart. It was a Honda only part and they don't keep it in normal stock. Cost me about £100 iirc
  7. Octopus

Clunk when steering left or right

They will do the job. The reason one is more expensive than the other is because it comes with bearings where the cheaper set doesn't. Get the set with bearings, but get them direct from their website http://www.importcarparts.co.uk/parts-info?id=11719&cat=0&sub=0&sec=0&var=0&dc=&gen=
  8. Octopus

Clunk when steering left or right

Go genuine where possible but you can get generic replacements that will work just fine. Have a search on Google.
  9. Octopus

Best Sounding B-Pipe With Stock Rear

I also have this combo and it sounds great without being too loud.
  10. Octopus

m2 silenced back pipe

Yes, it's a bit louder but not OTT. Sounds great going through the Rev range and doesn't drone at all on the motorway at 70mph. It's a good balance I think, louder than stock but nowhere near the noise you get from an unsilenced centre section. It definitely feels less flat between 2-4.5k and...
  11. Octopus

m2 silenced back pipe

Fitted my M2 silenced centre section this evening. Fitted brilliantly. Great quality on the welding and the pipe work itself.
  12. Octopus

Looking to change my coolant

Nice one, I was watching this one with anticipation. Another job on the to-do list ;)
  13. Octopus

noise coming from middle of car

It was noisy most of the time, but more so at 2-3k RPM. Belt was still tight on mine, but replaced it at the same time as the pulleys. Spray a bit of silicone grease on the idler pulley bearing and the belt itself. If it silences it, you know it's the idler pulley. If you need it, Euro Car Parts...
  14. Octopus

noise coming from middle of car

I recently had a squeal on my EP3. It was the Idler pulley (as you look at the engine, it's the top pulley on the aux belt - left hand side of the engine bay). Whilst it was off it was noted the crank pulley was falling apart. Idler pulley is easy to get hold of - I got mine from Tegiwa at £37...
  15. Octopus

What oil would you use? An old question i know!

0w oils are fine, but the consensus is that they are a little thin. They will get to temp quicker but you might find the engine will burn through it quicker. As I posted earlier, I'm using Castrol Edge 5w40 and it runs great. 5w30 will also be fine. Make sure you use a good quality, fully...
  16. Octopus

Can anyone tell me if this is the belt thats to the left of the engine???

It's worth replacing the top pulley at the same time. I had to do the crank pulley too when I did mine - it was falling apart!
  17. Octopus

Yes, this oil is fine to use. Just pick the correct grade. You can get it in 5w40. It's on offer at Opie Oils at the moment too.
  18. Octopus

EP3 New owner looking for a little advice

These K20 engines do whine a little, it's normal. Heat shields can be a bit noisy too and most people just remove them.
  19. Octopus

I'm using Castrol Edge 5w40. Runs great on it. Not sure what was in there before, probably 0w30 which is a little thin IMO.
  20. Octopus

Toda Hi power catback

To be honest, any 4-2-1, decat, aftermarket catback is going to be noisy.
  21. Octopus

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

I assume you've already ordered plugs, but if you haven't, Cox's on here sell the OEM items. I'm running them and as expected all is good.
  22. Octopus

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

Good work on the exhaust trims. Did you use NXT All Metal? I'm a fan of Autosol metal polish myself.
  23. Octopus

EP3 Door cards Ratling

My drivers side arm rest (on the door) is a little saggy - I think it's come off it's mounting slightly. To be honest it's not bothered me enough to take it all apart. The glovebox lid on the other hand. Driving me insane. Just turn up the radio a little!
Back