• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Miksey

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Don't know if I already recommended Bastuck exhaust systems? Looks pretty much the same, has a nice deep tone without getting farty in VTEC and gives noticable gains combined with a sports cat. I got mine for about € 400,- but with a used rear section, completely new should be around € 700,-.
  2. Miksey

Cosmic grey EP3 from Slovenia

Maybe we're going to HondaFest17 in Hatzendorf, should be right around your corner ;) Quality meets are pretty rare here, unless you like 18 yr old guys hooning around and doing burnouts... I see your concerns about the AEM, pretty much that what's going through my mind at the moment
  3. Miksey

Very nice pictures, the last one looks like you are not too far away from the Austrian border? Is there a reason you decided to remove the AEM intake?
  4. Miksey

Winter storage

Mine has been grounded for winter in the last 4 years, there's never been any problem. The only thing I do is - fill the tank up - put on different wheels with old tires, so the good ones can't get a flat spot - remove the battery - air dryer in the cabin Never had any issues, in spring it's...
  5. Miksey

Front speakers upgrade

To be honest that post sounds like complete rubbish to me ...
  6. Miksey

Front speakers upgrade

The K6 seem to have a slightly smaller basket as the Focal, also the hole in the EP3's doors are shaped quite weird. Tried to fit them with CNC-machined spacers, but no chance to go without cutting. I had them fitted in the EK without any problems, maybe the car really has strange doors
  7. Miksey

Front speakers upgrade

True, a good set of 165s wired to an amp is the way to go for decent results, no doubt about that. But probably won't fit without cutting the doors, which made me sell my set of Focal 165 KR. Installing 130s instead is a job for half an hour or so.
  8. Miksey

Front speakers upgrade

Well the Sony won't sound significantly better than the OEM ones :lol: Even if you're not too familiar with speakers and stuff, the ones I bought have a built-in crossover, really easy to install.
  9. Miksey

Front speakers upgrade

Surely these speakers are the easiest way to go, 4 screws on each side and here you go. Will probably sound like your feet are singing :lol: I swapped my speakers recently but went with separate tweeters, mounted in the original tweeter mounts. Pretty straight forward, you just have to find a...
  10. Miksey

Which kind of front lip is this?

Pre facelift is obvious, the black rubber lip was new to me. Thanks for helping :)
  11. Miksey

Which kind of front lip is this?

Hi guys, came across this picture, does anyone know what kind of front lip that is? Thanks for your help :) Cheers Michael
  12. Miksey

Hamza's Civic Type R Premier Edition

Just if there's a cheap opportunity one day on a used cat converter, your money won't be wasted mate ;) I meant the whole piping from cat to silencer, the tail pipes are 90 mm I guess?
  13. Miksey

IMO the smaller tips look a bit more subtle than the big pots, they give the rear end a more aggressive look. Which I really like, but I couldn't convince myself to spend the double amount of money just because of that. I got it from a local so called "tuner", but they closed business. Biggest...
  14. Miksey

Looks really great :) I was also after the Legalis years ago, but my current Bastuck system was (new!) almost have the price. It still looks very similar, but my tips are just 76 mm. How would you describe the sound of yours?
  15. Miksey

Eibach Pro Kit fitted, steering knock now present!

Mine did this with my previous suspension setup, reason was that the previous owner managed to install the top mounts wrong.
  16. Miksey

Mav3r's NHB EP3

Any cons regarding the FN2 seats? They look really good in the EP3, I guess you had to use custom consoles?
  17. Miksey

TimGoj's Cosmic Ep3 - New to TRO

Oh my, I thought that's some kind of reflector or shield behind the light :lol: Looks really clean and brought me to finally get a Mugen spoiler for mine. Wasn't sure if it will look good with the dual tip exhaust I got, so thanks for the pictures :)
  18. Miksey

Nice, I did the same job this weekend :) Despite keeping the car overall in mint condition, the previous owner was a complete noob. He "installed" the crossovers of the front speakers in just laying them behind the speakers, now they are just a pile of rust. Replaced them with a 2-way system...
  19. Miksey

TimGoj's Cosmic Ep3 - New to TRO

Love the idea with the F1 style brake lights, might go for the same. What's that grey half-round surroundings behind the lights?
  20. Miksey

Which EP3 Mugen Replica wing?

Thanks, I also read about that difference, but most traders offer two different options. Fiberworx is in a price range that seems reasonable to me, anyone got one installed?
  21. Miksey

Which EP3 Mugen Replica wing?

Hi guys, I need your help on choosing which Mugen rep wing to get for my EP3. There are just too many to chose from, and I'm not sure if more expensive does also mean better fitment. Which or where did you buy your wings from and how did you find the fitment? Many thanks for your help in...
  22. Miksey

Silver, Honda Civic Type R, EP3, 2003....

You could also have a look on my thread, I have a dual tip system fitted: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?98727-02-Satin-Silver-EP3-from-Austria Standard looks, although the diameter is slightly larger. But suits the car pretty well IMO. Could take some more pics if you want.
  23. Miksey

My not so pride and joy!

Don't worry, I found enough things on mine too, but as Krzys mentioned, nothing that could not have been sorted. Plus, it looks like we have the same car/colour/wheel combo, except my Team Dynamics are graphite grey. And got the steering wheel on the other side :D
  24. Miksey

Suspension Maintenance

I'm wondering if it's cheaper to change the bushes, which requires the wishbone to come off, undo the old ones and install the new ones, or change the complete wishbone which already has new bushes. I know the new wishbones are more expensive than new bushes, but which option takes more time...
  25. Miksey

'02 Satin Silver EP3 from Austria

Just a little interior update now the car is back on the road Wasn't expecting too much from that carbon look wrap, but I think it looks quite well. Never really liked the silver console though... Removing he heater unit was a real pain with the two bowden cables for position and temperature...
  26. Miksey

Suspension Maintenance

That was quick, thanks mate :) The parts look really good. Do you have the part numbers still availabe? I assume the parts should be the same for LHD/RHD. Any issues when replacing the ball joints? Heard various things that aftermarket joints don't fit exactly, because the OEM one are slightly...
  27. Miksey

Suspension Maintenance

Hi guys, finally took my CTR out last weekend and gave it a few good runs already :D However I felt that especially the suspension could need a bit of maintenance, everything felt a bit "used" , the car has approx. 70k miles on it now. The coilovers are pretty new with about 12k miles on it...
  28. Miksey

Dan's EP3 Track Car (Tight Budget Build) Or Not.

Good to know ;) May give it a go if I find a reasonably priced bumper and grille
  29. Miksey

Cheers buddy, looks so nice. Did you have to replace the inner fenders? I think I read somewhere that the pre FL inner fenders won't fit the FL ones.
  30. Miksey

Is it just me or did the pictures stop working? Would love to see the front conversion, thinking about doing this to my CTR
  31. Miksey

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

Right, they are also good in wet and damp and not too loud. Which usually isn't a big deal on the CTR anyway :lol: When I got the car it came with Bridgestone Blizzak winter tyres, which were crap IMO. I've seen them working well on other Hondas, but I wasn't happy with them on the Type R. Very...
  32. Miksey

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

As for the winter tyres I can recommend Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme, had them on my EP3 back when I also used it during winter. I don't know how much snow you usually get, but mine worked perfectly well on wet roads as well as in heaviest snowfall. I just don't know if they sell Vredestein in the...
  33. Miksey

It was tight as hell, I've read somewhere around here that obviously the knobs are glued in some EP3s. Mine also had no counter nut. I wasn't sure about the short shifter, where I live they are more like a "ricer gadget", that's why I never thought about it. But the more I read about it here...
  34. Miksey

So finally, the bloody thing is off: First I tried heating it up with a hairdryer, I felt this could take ages so I tried my little blowtorch which I usually use for lighting my cigars :lol: Still not the success I was hoping, so I took the pipe wrench. Wrapped it with some protective tape...
  35. Miksey

Thanks buddy, took ages to get them. Waited for weeks because the shop where I ordered them kind of forgot my payment and therefore didn't ship them. And guess what, when they arrived they had the wrong pattern... So I sent them back to the shop, and these nice people told me I damaged the...
  36. Miksey

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Nice ride, the tinted lights make the back look quite mean. What did you use for tinting the lights? Cheers sent from my mobile with Tapatalk
  37. Miksey

How to remove pre facelift gearknob

Oh damn, I think I'm facing exactly the same problem. I was hoping to get the OEM knob off undamaged :lol:
  38. Miksey

Will give it a try, I already tried with a clamp and rubber underlay mat, also with a oil filter wrench with a rubber belt. Doesn't move at all..
  39. Miksey

Hi folks, today I had some spare time and unmounted the door panel to see why the speakers the previous owner installed stopped working. And well, what can I say, that guys should never install speakers again: The crossovers just laid in the door behind the speakers, not protected at all...
  40. Miksey

My Satin Silver EP3

Looking good, the second picture reminds me that mine could take a good cleaning session... Is that a Legalis R exhaust? Cheers Mike
  41. Miksey

Thanks for your comments guys. What kept me from buying a Mugen wing is the fact, that the 3rd brake light is absolutely necessary in Austria. I'm currently looking for good solutions to solve this. Meanwhile I got the spacers for the front door speaker install, got a pair of Focal 165 KR...
  42. Miksey

Hi guys, I've been following the forum for quite some time, as I'm currently searching for inspiration what to do with my CTR. While going through countless threads, I decided to introduce myself and the little silver racer. As the title said I'm from Austria (near Salzburg) and I'm owning the...
Back