• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. MadMark

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

Very useful info - thanks!
  2. MadMark

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

I'm thinking of selling my car as I just don't get to use it. It's been in heated, dry storage for nearly 5 years and I've only managed 500 miles in it. Zero rust, excellent condition. It's wheels have been refurbished, it's got new tyres, brake discs and pads all round. A new battery and...
  3. MadMark

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

Thanks Flashy. I'll need to do some research to find out the differences between the PRC that I believe I have on my car and the RBC / RRC inlets .... :confused: And no - I don't want to decat - although if there was a decent sports cat out there, then I'd consider swapping. So far I think I've...
  4. MadMark

Remapping JDM EP3 down South?

I've got a 2005 JDM EP3 that I've been gradually turning into a track day tool .... albeit over a long period of time! The focus has very much been on suspension, bushes, brakes, engine mounts, wheels and tyres. Now sorted, I want a bit more power, smoothness and usability. Having read reams...
  5. MadMark

Innovative Engine Mounts - 75A Track Spec - Problem?

The only thing that tempers them seems to be heat. They're a little (the emphasis on little), when the engine is properly hot ...... so bloody stiff! :(
  6. MadMark

Best ep3 brake set up for a good price but using standard calipers

I'm running RPB discs on the rear with DS2500 and Goodrich hoses. Fronts are irrelevant for this conversation but are Yellowspeed Racing BBK. The RPB are beautifully made discs and so far the braking system has provided huge extra stopping power on the road and zero fade after 10 one hundred to...
  7. MadMark

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Agreed - can I recommend either some Nankang NS2R's or Toyo R888R's - dependent on budget!
  8. MadMark

Back in a Honda, EP3 Civic Type R

Nice car! I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before though .... :confused:
  9. MadMark

EP3 Positive Battery Terminal Cover

Really struggling to find that red cover in order to replace mine that fell to bits when I changed the battery. Anyone know where I can buy one from? :confused:
  10. MadMark

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

For what it's worth, I always take it pretty easy on new brakes for the 1st 50 miles, using them progressively harder until the 100 mile point - where I start to give them some abuse to "heat cycle" the pads to get them biting hard and evenly. However I always give them plenty of time to cool...
  11. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

Fair comment. Of course I hope the brakes aren't duds. Certainly the discs and bells look and feel really solid / well engineered. So the only question mark can hang over the ally callipers. As they're going on track later this month, I'll do some before and after photos, plus write something.
  12. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

Dooksy - I'm not an engineer - so I wouldn't do that as I wouldn't know what I was doing. However, I can do the subjective feel and visual analysis just fine. Mine were so cheap - if they don't perform - I'll complain like hell and throw any required legal weight straight at the problems under...
  13. MadMark

Mods before remap ep3

On the Yellowspeed BBK - I've just had mine fitted and I have to say that they were very cheap for what comes in the boxes! (I also got a very good discount from Tegiwa). The discs and bells are seriously high quality items and the six piston alloy callipers seem very well made even if they...
  14. MadMark

Honda Civic EP3 Air Intake

The AEM V2 makes lots of noise, the ITG Maxogen is quieter and pretty effiicent - the Mugen version is a crazy £800 ....... but plenty in between!
  15. MadMark

Engine mounts

If you go for replacement / aftermarket mounts - go for the "road" versions - the softest you can get. The harder / "upgraded" ones are simply way too stiff for road use - particularly the Innovative range.
  16. MadMark

Oh OK - thanks ..... :(
  17. MadMark

So I fitted these on Sunday am after much swearing and giggling to get them to fit in .... But when I started the car that evening the noise and vibration were unreal. Even worse on my way home from my mates house, it genuinely fells like I've fitted full race solid mounts!. Deafening at...
  18. MadMark

strut brace for air con?

I had a look at fitting my Tegiwa this weekend. That's quite a notch if that's what it requires .......
  19. MadMark

my civic ep3 a totally different paintwork more photos added

I don't mind the colour at all - very different! Did you adjust the suspension so that she sits down more at the rear?
  20. MadMark

My JDM Civic EP3 Type R.

JDM's rule! ;)
  21. MadMark

My Ep3 type R

Good work! :)
  22. MadMark

My Type R Premier Edition

Yet another tasty EP3! :D
  23. MadMark

H's Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R-Premier Edition

Lovely looking car and yes I wouldn't bother putting lowering springs with 100K+ shocks.
  24. MadMark

Skunk's Honda Addiction

Nice car - I have a post Facelift JDM and you don't see many others ..... However, having just had the full set of innovative engine mounts fitted and having the most horrific vibrations on the test drive. Can you shed any light on how it was wrongly fitted?
  25. MadMark

DC5 restoration - track project

Looks like you're spending quite a lot on that little "slut". Next stop = "mistress" ....... :)
  26. MadMark

First Post! Finally bought an EP3!

Was this a "stealth" upgrade? ;)
  27. MadMark

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

What a fab thread! I almost feel as if I've been on the journey with you! Keep up the sterling work ..... :smt077 2 questions: 1. How easy is it to remove the front bumper? 2. Are oil pumps a known failure point on these engines?
  28. MadMark

New Fn2

What a nice, clean car. Welcome to the madhouse .... :)
  29. MadMark

Neil's red ep3.

Nice car and don't worry about that age thing! I'm 46 and had my first CTR more than 13 years ago. Now I'm back with a JDM CTR as a fast road / track toy! :)
  30. MadMark

Tegiwa Cat Back Exhaust

Tengwa Reps? Oh - not sure bigger diameter pipework (I'm guessing at 65mm) and a large diameter (probably 10cm plus) tailpipe! I'll have to take some pics and post them .....
  31. MadMark

Tegiwa Cat Back Exhaust

So I finally got around to fitting my exhaust yesterday - superb fit, finish and quality. If anything slightly heavier than expected, but a good grade and thickness of stainless steel has obviously been used! Fabulously throaty burble on start up and a nice howl at higher revs, always louder...
  32. MadMark

Odd noise from suspension ....

So yesterday I gave the old CTR some proper stick round some dry, smooth and tight 2nd gear corners - left and right. What I got was a creaking / scraping sound. From the left rear around left hand corners and from the right front around right hand corners .... Bizarre but does anyone have any...
  33. MadMark

Larger throttle bodies .... Which one?

Thanks - duly noted! :)
  34. MadMark

Larger throttle bodies .... Which one?

So I get that larger throttle bodies can help with power gains simply by helping to get more airflow into the engine (20 years ago my Golf VR6 jumped 15bhp on doing this alone). However, what I don't know what size my JDM EP3 is as standard has as standard and what size to go up to? I believe...
  35. MadMark

which coilovers

Fair comment and it was easy to believe that the TUV assessed quality and longevity! But then again this is your business. So one hand you obviously know your stuff, but on the other you're not exactly going to denigrate your product .... My personal experience is that the more you lower the...
  36. MadMark

which coilovers

Bilstein do a range of replacement dampers - that go from OEM spec to Sport - so you don't HAVE to go down the coilover route. Equally, a friend who is an automotive engineer suggested that most coilovers use super stiff springs to compensate for the reduced suspension travel (a massive...
  37. MadMark

Front Discs - Stoptech Sportstop V RPB

I've just bought some RPB's for the rear of my EP3 and they're really well machined - as you would perhaps expect being the regulation discs fitted to the Civic Cup racers. I know that most brake discs are made from grey cast iron - but lets just say that these are very "grey" compared to...
  38. MadMark

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

Instead of spending £4-6K min. on top of the Civic and another £7-10K modding it - how about a getting a supercharger for the EP3? Got to be an easy 300+ bhp and so more bhp/ton than an E46 could muster without forced induction (and an even more hideous cost implication) .....
  39. MadMark

looking for a fit an oil cooler "how to guide" is there one?

Thanks - but with no aircon - that looks like a much easier job!
  40. MadMark

Mr_gangrel's 229bhp Nurburgring Nordschleife track weapon. Looking for another CTR

God £6K for all the work you've done = a BARGAIN! 6 months ago I would have taken your whole arm off for it ...... Best of luck with the sale! MM.
  41. MadMark

looking for a fit an oil cooler "how to guide" is there one?

Phew - so you can fit an oil cooler even when you have aircon? It's just that I can see your aircon rad in front of the main one! :) Umm - I don't suppose you have any more pics do you, Lewisgame?
  42. MadMark

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

:) As lethal as you might be - the car is the evidence in front of me ... Hmm - so potentially 300bhp per ton which puts you on a rough par with a 997 GT3? :D
  43. MadMark

Who makes the best BBK (Big Brake Kit)?

I've had both Willwood and AP's in the past - but I simply don't want to spend the £2K required to get them on my EP3. I've heard nothing but good things about the Stoptech 328mm, but discounts are hard to come by and whilst I might be taking a bit of a risk on the Yellowspeeds, they're nearly...
  44. MadMark

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

I'm loving your work .... and of course you might have inspired me to go and do a little shopping myself ...... :D
  45. MadMark

http://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/m3-cup.htm But yes - same as Stoptech, D2 and all the others away from AP, Willwood and Alcon I suppose .....
  46. MadMark

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

What a weapon ..... :) Any idea on the bhp output? I'm guessing over 300bhp?
  47. MadMark

Right decision made - I've ordered the Yellowspeed 330mm 6 Pot BBK in Red .... :)
  48. MadMark

Oooh - those are nice ....... :p
  49. MadMark

Where would you have your new Suspension fitted?

I wanted to subtly lower and stiffen my EP3 CTR for some trackdays - so with the bewildering array of aftermarket options - I got down to a choice of the KW Variant 2's or the Bilstein B16 PSS9's. After much debate, I've taken the plunge and bought the Bilsteins and they're now sat at home in a...
  50. MadMark

I get where you're coming from, but more me there is nothing more confidence inspiring than a really good set of brakes ..... Especially when you have a reputation for being "last of the late brakers" ....Irritatingly, I've just found an expired special offer on your kit! Back in August last...
  51. MadMark

Oh those look nice :D .... and if I could find a new set even close to that number - there would be no debate! Best quote I've had so far is £1,985 for the 4 pot black calipers (fully road spec with proper seals) and £2,015 plus a 4 week lead time for the red versions. :noseblow:
  52. MadMark

There is so much choice out there but I could do with some practical help! I'd really like some 4 or 6 Pot calipers and 2 piece discs, as my car is going to do some trackdays and I don't like running out of brakes, but I gather that some calipers require a hefty spacer for the standard wheels...
  53. MadMark

Nankang NS2R 215 40 17?

I've just bought a set of the Nankang NS2Rs in a 215/45/17 from Oponeo - a great tyre (wet or dry - but particularly good in the dry) - i think they were £78 delivered!
  54. MadMark

Won't make this mistake again

Their process of getting a quote and then wishing to take it up the following day meant that I spent over an hour on that number, on my mobile when I wished to take out the policy! Oh and then when I'd bought the car it went up £50! Has Adrian Flux been bought out by one of the big boys?
  55. MadMark

Does anyone else own 2 cars?

Err - yes I have a BMW M3 for daily use.
Back