• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Yes mate. I've either read it wrong or it's right, but the fronts it recommends around 40PSI which I thought was a bit high?
  2. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Just curious as to what tyre pressures you lads are running? Cheers.
  3. R

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Just noticed tonight the paint on my Brembo caliper has started to peel off. Has this happened to anyone else? Surely it's a warranty job? I need to act fast as my warranty actually expires end of this month! What are my options? Cheers.
  4. R

Yeah, and on the Brembo site you linked me to the compatible vehicles include the Evo. I'll still give them a ring tomorrow regardless, thanks for the help mate.
  5. R

Thanks for the heads up. I put my reg in, it returned with 2.0 Civic and it came up with these pads. I'm certain these are the ones but there is no part number for me to check against. As long as I'm correct with my reg I should be alright surely...
  6. R

Hey guys, I'll keep this quick. Car is due new brake pads. Dream and Cox are listing the standard Brembo front pads at £150-£160, however this place on eBay is listing them at only £43. Why is this...
  7. R

FK2 Engine management light

I know this isn't relevant to your problem, but how much was it to extend you warranty? Mine is up in August and I'm thinking of extending too. Cheers mate.
  8. R

I'll be buying the car off Honda by using the money from a personal loan. The total cost of interest is around £1500, which I'm not really bothered about in all honesty. It's the only option I have as I want to keep the car.
  9. R

By financing do you mean paying balloon through Honda? I won't be doing that, they quoted me something stupid like £450 a month, where which Tesco for example it's £300 odd.
  10. R

Hey guys. I know this is a bit personal, but I'm coming to the end of my PCP and looking at personal loan deals. It's coming out at around £350 a month for 4 year period, then the car will be paid off. I'm thinking this is a lot of money, so for some perspective I'm asking what are you guys...
  11. R

What do you consider a normal oil pressure reading once engine etc is warmed up?
  12. R

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

These are the reasons I also think it'll be a sought after car. I've seen some FK8s priced lower than FK2s. I'm not too bothered about how well the FK2 holds value, but it's obviously been a nice surprise that its value has held well. What do you lot think the lowest it'll drop to?
  13. R

Well i followed my head and went and got a house. I asked Honda how much they'd finance the remainder owed on the FK2 and they quoted £400+ a month... **** that. I'll be keeping the FK2 of course but going down a personal loan route, Tesco quoted me something like £280 a month. Thank God I...
  14. R

Just realized I actually follow you on Instagram haha! Lovely M2 you have mate. Thanks for all the advice guys. The GTR is out of the question. After doing more research into its costs and how it drives, given my circumstances I'd rather have a bigger house and a more cost effective car. It's...
  15. R

Cheers mate. The GTR is a consideration because of how much car you're getting for relatively low second hand cost... But after researching, compared to the FK2 the running costs are astronomical (obviously). £700+ service costs, tyres £250 a corner, chews through disks/ pads at £2000 job lot...
  16. R

I'm coming to the end of my initial 3 year PCP deal on my 2016 Honda Civic Type R. The current market value of the same model with similar miles is between £20,000-£22,000. This value is £6,000 more than Honda's agreed "future market value" which was £16,000 at the time of the agreement. I have...
  17. R

FK2 Anyone got the Remus responder? How is it?

That’s interesting, what makes it a must have?
  18. R

FK2 Anyone got the Remus responder? How is it?

Hey guys. I like the throttle response and induction noise when the car is in R mode, however I hate the firm suspension and steering, it’s too much for daily driving. I’ve seen the Remus gives you the R mode torque map without the stiff suspension. I’ve seen on TDI they do this and the KN...
  19. R

FK8 What and when to buy?

Interesting. I ruined my drivers side skirt, took it to Honda for them to have a look and the geezer said I’d either have to replace it or plastic weld it. I asked him how much it’d be to replace and he said “knowing Honda probably a grand”. Anyway I put it off for a while because of what he...
  20. R

Elaborate on this please?
  21. R

Ive got my FK2 on PCP and have throughly looked after it, and I’ve no intention on giving it back when the 3 year deal is up. I love the car. I don’t care about losing money. Nobody buys a car to make money, iI bought it as a practical toy, which it serves me as. However when reading stuff...
  22. R

FK8 Quality issues

They changed the pad compound on my 86, still didn’t resolve the issue. Never changed the disk. The 86 itself in my opinion sucked anyway so was glad to see the back of it. Rattly interiors is just a Japanese thing. If you wanted refinement you should have got a Merc.
  23. R

FK8 Quality issues

Copper grease only works for so long. Had the same problem with my 86, Toyota copper greased the pads, the brakes where silent for a few miles then the squealing came back. Squeaky brakes are a nightmare to live with. Hard braking doesn’t always resolve the problem either. Getting rid of the...
  24. R

FK2 Piano Black Trim Chip and Scratch Repair?

That’s what I thought mate. It’s funny cos I’m a welder by trade and I’ve never done any plastic welding in my life or ever met anyone who can! So much easier to let Honda clip a new one on, cheers!
  25. R

I rang Honda and it’s costing me £210 for a new side skirt painted and fitted. I figured for that price I may as well get a brand new one rather than mess about having the clips plastic welded and skirt resprayed. I couldn’t believe how cheap it was if I’m honest. I was expecting £500 onwards.
  26. R

Interesting. I’ll have to get my scratch sorted soon as yesterday I jetwashed some more of the paint off haha! It’s gonna have to be resprayed again anyway so at least I’m gonna be getting my moneys worth, or at least that’s what I keep telling myself...
  27. R

I’ve scratched my side skirt. Geezer at Honda said it’d cost “£100s” to replace. It’ll be far cheaper just getting it resprayed.
  28. R

Dream Automotive do refurbs for £85 if I remember correctly. It’s probably worth waiting till all 4 are bashed till you get them done though. So easy to kerb the alloys, it’s my main complaint with the car.
  29. R

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Is this actually true? When I went into my dealership and told them I wanted an FK2 the guy looked at me like I was out my depth and didn’t seem interested in trying to sell me the car. He looked happy when I put down £6000 and signed the paperwork for it though. Really quite condescending.
  30. R

I did read on here that someone from Honda HQ confirmed only 2,500 for UK roads. That's the number most people are saying. I've only ever seen a couple of FD2s on the road in my lifetime and only a handful of Integras, so I'd have thought the FK2 will be extremely rare. Most definitely rarer...
  31. R

FK2 Stop/ start, should it be used?

I just can't get my head around shutting off an engine after half hour of hard driving.
  32. R

FK2 Stop/ start, should it be used?

Hi all, just a quick question regarding stop start. Whenever I'm in my car I make a habit of turning the stop start function off. For me the thought of the engine cutting out with hot oil still circulating makes me cringe. But of course, if this was to damage the engine then why would honda put...
  33. R

Really? New disks at 25K?!
  34. R

I'm pretty lucky, I only live 5 minutes from my work so generally a week I probably do 70 miles ha! However I do drive it hard and I'm yet to need new pads after a year of ownership (maybe not hard enough). Theyrve still got quite a bit of meat left, as have the rear tyres. The fronts where...
  35. R

Did you not tally up the running costs before you bought it? If I was doing 60 miles a day I'd be looking at an Aygo ;)
  36. R

FK2 Servicing

It has nothing to do with any of us, obviously it's up to you if you waste your money on unneeded maintenance. But honestly the maintence schedule is there for a reason. Unless you're tracking your car 2-3 times a week there's no need to not stick to the schedule which Honda have specifically...
  37. R

FK2 Advice needed choosing between FK2 and FK8 Type R

Interesting. I bought the FK2 as a future car for when I have kids because i feel it's really practical when I need it to be, but also an animal at the same time. For me the FK2 is about as practical as it gets for a Jap B road basher.
  38. R

FK2 Seat belt wearing out suede on seat...

I'm pretty short ha If I lower the seat anymore I can't see the speedometer due to its ridiculous placement.
  39. R

Tried this however it still rubs.
  40. R

Hey guys! Having abit of an annoying squeak problem here. Where the seat belt sits on the shoulder part of the seat, it beginning to rub away to suede and leaving a scabby black patch which is also creating a really annoying squeak. Has anyone else had this problem and found anyway to solve...
  41. R

FK2 Servicing

Mine's in on Monday for an A. I won't be paying anything.
  42. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I had some squeal but since I fitted the goodyears it's gone. Never assumed tyres could stop squeal, and not sure how tyres would affect brake squeal?
  43. R

FK2 Front Valence and bumper

I don't don't have this problem. The only scraping I hear is when I go too fast over a speed bump, but even then it's the wind deflectors which are scraping.
  44. R

Just spoke to the geezer at Honda and he said to ignore the spanner until it's been a year or 12500 miles.
  45. R

I'm in the same boat as you, salesman left me under the assumption all service work was covered apart from the general consumables like tyres and brake pads. Gonna ring them tomorrow and see what the score is, tell them the service indicator is on and that it's not yet at 12,500 miles, and that...
  46. R

I'm beginning to think the same, so I've paid £500 for 5 years worth of inspection?
  47. R

Thanks, I understand that much. But the question is is there really much point in me paying £80-£100 for oil and filter change now when in a months time I'll be going in for my mandatory yearly service? It's probably subjective but would like your guys opinions on it.
  48. R

Yeah I've seen the countdown, it started at 1500 I think and now the car icon has gone and it's just the spanner with an A and it now says 700 miles when I go into the menu, is that for the full service? The sticker on my windscreen says service at 12,500 or 1 year though?
  49. R

Hey guys, so today after 7300 miles the spanner icon has appeared (not the car > spanner) meaning it's due its variable service which is just an oil change? I understand this isn't covered by the service pack, which I have. I'm planning to get my car properly serviced end of next month, surely...
  50. R

Come next year any FK2s will be drowned out by the influx of FK8s, the FK2 will always be the rarer one.
  51. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

So I opted for the Goodyear asy's, pretty good tyre so far, I've not complaints!
  52. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I've got no intention of taking my car to the track for at least another year so would the Eagle F1s be a better and cheaper option than the Pilots?
  53. R

I bought a Ryan Tuerck gear knob for my GT86, made from an aluminium billet, slightly larger and same shape as that one and in winter it was freezing and summer boiling on your hands, even more so than the stock FK2 gear knob! Not very comfortable if I'm honest, I suppose you could always put a...
  54. R

FK2 Servicing

Service at 4800 miles!? Christ! Mines on 6400 at the moment and no signs of needing a service yet. When I took out the service plan my dealer stressed to me that EVERYTHING is covered bar the usual consumables. Just some clarification for me, what's the difference between variable servicing and...
  55. R

That front really does resemble a 2014 WRX.
  56. R

FK8 Deposit down!

That's the exact reason I didn't go for the FK2 GT, it's all unnecessary weight ha!
  57. R

FK2 GEAR BOX PROBLEMS FK2 TYPE-R

Noticed this with 4th gear today, cars at 6,000 miles now, I'll keep an eye on it.
  58. R

To be honest the 3 driving modes is something the FK2 could of done with, but at the same time would take away from the whole "race car for the road" ethos. I do like the look of the interior on the FK8 though, now I've seen it the FK2 interior doesn't look as good as i once thought it did.
  59. R

I'm all for exclusivity which I why I won't be considering the FK8. Now it's hit America and being mass produced worldwide, you're going to see the FK8 everywhere. I hope the FK2 ends up being a bit of a unicorn, a bit like the Mitsubishi GTO etc. I can see the FK2 turning heads in 10-15...
  60. R

FK2 How to flip up the rear seats?

I simply put the seat belts across the seats once flipped up and clipped them in, seems to work well.
  61. R

I get this quite a lot, my response is usually because it looks bland for the price of it, and of course it isn't Japanese :lol:
  62. R

Anyone here have any idea how many FK2s have been written off? I've seen 2 so far on eBay, as more unfortunately get written off it means they'll become even rarer and hopefully prices will hold well in the long run.
  63. R

The bonnet scoop was one of my first thoughts; why?! It immediately makes me think WRX and boxer engine
  64. R

I completely agree, makes no sense to me to have fake mesh so large and have it serve no purpose, for me the worst part of the car.
  65. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I'm drooling at those Pirelli colours! Only available for expensive exotics at the moment though :(
  66. R

Wel it's certainly dividing opinions, just like the FK2 did. I personally like the look of it, albeit a bit over styled in my opinion, even more so than the FK2. For example those ridiculous looking scoops on top of the rear window; the bonnet scoop placement which would make more sense on a...
  67. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Does anyone have any experience with the Goodyear eagle asymmetric 3's? How do these tyres perform?
  68. R

So I finally got round to trying it out and the amount of room created from flipping the seats is great. Couldn't find a way to stop them dropping though, I, assuming whatever you store in the back will prop them up and stop them from falling down? The practicality of this car is amazing. I...
  69. R

Sweet mate will give it a go later, cheers.
  70. R

There's that same hook mechanism on the FK2 however no idea how to release it.
  71. R

I've read the manual but still can't figure it out. Do the rear seats actually flip up in the FK2? I don't want to yank away at them and break something, if anyone could answer it would be appreciated, cheers.
  72. R

FK2 FK2 Exhaust tailpipes cleaning

Am I the only one who likes the "gun metal soot" look? ;)
  73. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I've got no issues editing the first post when we have established answers for the most frequently asked questions. Cheers guys!
  74. R

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Hey guys, I understand tyre questions are frequently asked on here however I'm a complete noob when it comes to tyres, the influx of different answers/ questions etc is too much for my brain to process haha! I would really appreciate if someone could answer some simple questions. Soon my...
  75. R

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

The copper grease trick only lasts so long mate, that's what Toyota did to my 86, once the grease wore off the squeal came back, im yet to experience intensive squealing so far and I'm 2200 miles on the clock so touch wood my brake pads continue to be pretty much silent!
  76. R

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Continuous light braking can cause excessive squeal. Don't be scared to slam on those anchors, they're big, red and brembo, they're not to be used cautiously It says in the drivers manual that under certain conditions the brakes will squeal. I've had some squeal but nothing drastic. My old...
  77. R

FK2 Is this a special edition fk2 type R?

I quite like the white front lip as opposed to the black, in white in reminds a bit of the FD2, I still prefer my blue with black accents though
  78. R

FK2 Help with curbed wheels

Honda gave you a new alloy? How much they charge you for that? just bought the halfords gloss black paint pen and loxy was right it's a perfect match, sanded down the scruff, would of been better using a smaller metal file but I left my toolbox at work and I didn't want to leave it till Monday...
  79. R

The outer rim actually lips out doesn't it, and the standard conti tyres have literally no side wall, so easy to scuff! I've just ordered the halford black gloss touch up pen so that should do the trick, I'm just happy I didnt scuff the red pin stripe!
  80. R

Just done mine tonight, worst part is I did it on a round about at 10mph after having a boost session averaging 20 mpg! Gutted! Gonna sand the scruff down then use a touch up pen
  81. R

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

Another question in regards to the oil pressure readings, I've never had a car with any kind of oil pressure monitor so what I'm wondering is how it works and what oil pressure reading I should be getting? I monitored it today in normal city driving/ motorway conditions and noticed it was...
  82. R

https://www.reddit.com/r/Honda/comments/4vi6it/my_new_civic_ivtec_turbo_fk2/ here is a link to my Reddit post of the car if any of you guys are interested in seeing it :)
  83. R

put it this way, the 86 brand new is £27,000, for £3,000 more you can have a Type R with a turbo and 106 more horse power, it's a no brainer really, the type R is ahead of the 86 in every way
  84. R

I agree as a daily it's brilliant, driving around at 30mph feels so refined, and then when the need arises you have the 306 ponies to have fun with! Compared to the daily ride of my 86 this type R feels like a Bentley!
  85. R

Quite a lot of people have mentioned the soundtrack of the car to be abit dull, but I personally love how it sounds! The exhaust isn't too loud for a daily driver and well the waste gate chatter is just awesome, then again this is my first turbo car and I've never experienced VTEC so...
  86. R

Yeah I've tried everything, definitely doesn't work on the non GT, ah well never mind! Driving in R mode is sweeeeet, waste gate seems louder and spews out more, shame about the harsh ride, though I'm used to harsh rides after a year driving the GT86
  87. R

Not sure what I'm doing wrong in regards to the mirrors, but I'm pressing the black rubber button twice and then holding it on the second push but nothing's happening? Just the car sounds like it's locking again?
  88. R

Yeah non GT, wasn't interested in the gizmos, i dont even see it as an option on their website which I find bizarre, I suppose the privacy glass functions well but still id like a parcel shelf haha
  89. R

thanks for your help dude, I'll give it a try! As for the start stop, I might see what Honda say when I ring them up tomorrow.
  90. R

Well my thought process is Honda engineers know what they're doing so if they thought it'd not be good for the turbo then surely they'd of left start stop out, but still logically it sounds like a bad idea, but then again we have to assume modem turbos are pretty bullet proof, I guess only time...
  91. R

So I picked it up this morning, not sure how to upload pictures on here? Anyway car is absolutely insanely quick, never experienced anything like it. Torque steer is almost non existent unless really pushed hard, but for general pulls there's hardly any torque steer to manage. Managed to impress...
  92. R

So it seems anywhere between 75-85 is normal, cheers for the info guys. Out of curiosity, what are you guys paying for insurance? I'm wondering if £670 is a good price for a 24 year old, my 86 only cost £400 to insure this year.
  93. R

Yeah I'm already aware of taking time to learn the car. I was planning to have a couple 100 miles keeping it under 3000 revs but I've read elsewhere these engines are stress tested well and don't need this treatment, I'll see what they say at Honda when I pick it up. So oil temps around 50 and...
  94. R

Cheers for that response Dooksy I'll take note of what you said. And F2Mark, one of the few things I like about the GT86 is how bare bones race car it is, therefore all the extra gadgets in the GT model just didn't interest me... But no parcel shelf? That's ridiculous ha I hope my dealer sorts...
  95. R

Hello guys, I'm a new first time type R owner. I currently drive a GT86 and have owned it for over a year, it's an absolute nightmare to live with! I need something fast, reliable, practical and most of all, future proof, being a relatively young person the factor of "future proof" was very...
Back