• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. CTR_Nick

Rough/Low Idle Speed

Morning all, after some suggestions for low idle speed. Car starts up fine, idles fine when cold and sits quite happily at 1000rpm. However, once up to operating temperature she sits at about 500rpm, pretty steady speed, no hunting. Car obviously struggling with dim lights and engine shaking...
  2. CTR_Nick

Need an MOT in Bristol

Does anyone have any recommendations for a garage to get an MOT in Bristol? It's up at the beginning of July so have been doing a spot of googling, loads of garages around but I've never been to any and would prefer to go somewhere known to be friendly.
  3. CTR_Nick

EP3 Rattling Noise Diagnosis

Evening all, just wondering if anyone with an astute ear can identify this noise? Happens whenever rpm on the 03 Ep3 crosses 1k for a few seconds until the engine is happy at about 1.5k rpm. Sounds to me like it's a loose heatshield but not 100% certain, as far as I can see I don't have a...
  4. CTR_Nick

Trying to Identify this K&N Cone Filter

Trying to identify this K&N filter/intake set-up that came with my '03 CTR when bought (replaced with an OEM air box for insurance). It was an oval cone fitted onto the standard pipe (not sure what the bit between air box and manifold is actually called??) with an adaptor ring, long...
  5. CTR_Nick

Questionable EP3 Cabin Filters..?

Only just looked at my cabin filters since I got the car earlier this year, was a little stunned when half a forest and enough dust to fill several hoover bags came out. The place I bought her supposedly did a 'full' service before hand over but in all my six months of car ownership (and only...
  6. CTR_Nick

EP3 Coolant Flushing

I've owned my 03 plate EP3 CTR for about a month and a half now, but have only just noticed a shed load of rust under the rad cap. Picked up the ordinary civic Haynes manual to find out how to flush the coolant system and it recommends using a hose pipe to pump clean water through until it runs...
Back