• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mugen1314

EP3 / Evo 8 MR / E46 M3 / STI

Traded it, was patient with private sale. Plus it had private plate , garage did transfer more quicker and easier. Traded it for £11500 which was the highest i got for a part ex.
  2. mugen1314

Me bad :p
  3. mugen1314

Funny thing is the blue interior was never to my liking , but you will get used to it after a while. The sound insulation is very good compared with the Evo. I assume with the MR they stripped out alot of the sound insulation ( no wonder it sounds so loud with a decatted Nur spec ) wheres with...
  4. mugen1314

Sti 50k mileage ( i only do 6k a year ) paid £10'850
  5. mugen1314

A little update. The M3 bug was biting me badly and also wanted something different to the Evo, i took the plunged about two months ago and sold the Evo for a E46 M3. One owner , 30k mileage , new 19's OEM wheels , new pads , Manual and in excellent condition. Any regrets ? obviously it wasnt...
  6. mugen1314

Was down in Indigo GT where Ant & Co looked after me very well. Had Eibach springs fitted aswel as FRS. The car is sitting nicely as i would like it. No scraps on front bumper yet, but i do anticipate some humps/bumps will be a little to high for it. Handling is what i imagine. Ok its not...
  7. mugen1314

sorry wont be selling calipers and disc yet. here one picture i took before dark
  8. mugen1314

Those re30 does look very nice. I was offered 1700 for the set, without rubber. Shame it was out of my budget.
  9. mugen1314

Harv where yours on 18s? Im looking to get eibach springs plus FRS. So it should give it more aggresive stance. Colour choice is good for me. In daylight its does show out the goldish bronze more. Overal im happy with the result , next plans probably bigger brakes and bigger seats.
  10. mugen1314

After getting the wheels from Peeler :smthumbup Ive decided that i needed to spray it to the closest bronze.Although it was quite hard and literally impossible to find a closest paintcode for the rays bronze. I decided to go for the BMW sepang Bronze. I know its on 17's and i didnt want to go...
  11. mugen1314

Lee5 has been mapping for a while now. Hes very popular on the MLR and kents best geekmapper. i believe he also mapped Rmcya old evo too. Im trying to source out a decent camera suction mount for the car. So hopefully be able to get some videos in couple weeks time
  12. mugen1314

Just another mini update. Took the car down to Kent again to meep up geekmapper Lee5. Originally plans were to have pops and bangs installed, but after a few discussions about my remap with RG's Lee decided to have my car recheck again. So out came out the laptop and mapping was begun :) Lee...
  13. mugen1314

Just another mini update. Took the car to RG Motorsports in kent and got the car Remapped along with a Walbro fuel pump, HKS air filter , ARC heat sheild. Prior this i bought the HKS Air filter a month ago but was intended to install it as i thought it would sound very similar to all the...
  14. mugen1314

I used my mrs Nikon D80. Although the HDR effect is not everones liking it was my first attempt of playing around with the pictures. It does look a bit over the top but its not everyday i get to fiddle around on photoshop. :)
  15. mugen1314

just mini update. No mods of yet on the evo just bought another car for the MRS. VW GTI DSG , its so silky smooth yet the power is so sutble but affective. On the same week brother inlaw decided to part his 206 in exchange for a RX8 Pz. So heres a little photoshoot .
  16. mugen1314

Thanks stu for your stirrup, very useful info. I think ** need to test drive both cars to see if they meet my needs. The scary thing is IF i save a total of two years from today it will be possible of get a gtr. But the running cost on that thing will rape me lol
  17. mugen1314

But one thing I'm uncertain is the ride. The evo ride was alot more comfy compared to my old ep3.somehow I feel the fd2 will be similar to the ep3 :( Running cost isn't so much of an issue as it will be purely a weekend car.
  18. mugen1314

lol i know, but in someways my heart is still tugging me to the vtec direction. I know having ep / fn is out of the question, but aftering seeing an FD2 on the road it makes me want one. Purely because of its so rare and i know it will retain its value.
  19. mugen1314

No updates. Thinking of just leaving the car as it is. Modding bug hasn't bitten mr so just use the money to save up. Just want to focus on maintaining it to the best I can. Recently I've being thinking of selling up and go for either a csl or a fd2.
  20. mugen1314

My Evo 8! now forsale pg23

loving your mild anti lag. Do you have ECU TEK fitted or was that on a standard ecu ? My 320 MR is pretty much standard apart from the decat and panel filter and i would love to get it sound like that :)
  21. mugen1314

mini update Took the car for its 45k service which involves the cambelt at Norris Design. Looked after my car really well and certain will take my car up there for my next service interval. Also bought some minor goodies along with the car Turbosmart Dual blow off valve Vortex generator...
  22. mugen1314

Cragen (Craig's) Evo VI

looks a very tidy looking 6 :cool:
  23. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

front lip for sale on mlr http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=306784
  24. mugen1314

:p My mrs bought more than us altogether (hello kitty junkie). I wanted to buy tuning stuff for the car but was reluctant because i didnt do my homework on which model it was for. Shame , but it was a nice experience. Tokyo has really grown on me, obviously the city life can be too much at...
  25. mugen1314

had it slotted in but havent wired it up. :lol: Been trying to find a guide to show me where to wire it up. Failing that ** probably give it to norris design in my next service
  26. mugen1314

Shinonome , near the bay. Apparently its the biggest in Tokyo. Good experience, biggest regret is i bummed around there for nearly two hours and the only thing i got is just two keyrings :(
  27. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

thats 'carbon style' plenty of fake carbon around ebay. Look around the MLR ive got my vortex for £155 from a bloke who sold it too me brand new. Couple weeks ago i also saw a 9 carbon lip for sale, think its gone now.
  28. mugen1314

Just a minor update to let you guys/ girls know what ive done to the car. Alpine headunit Ralliart guage HKS Gearknob Vortex generator Clifford Alarm also ordered Turbosmart dualvalve BOV.
  29. mugen1314

im still here , havent sold it yet :p Any updates ? well havent been able to spend some decent quality time in cleaning it as the weather in these two months is cruddy. Went to Tokyo over the christmas period and the streets are filled with R35's. The AutoBacs ( Japs version of Halfords) is...
  30. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

damn friggin fookers , i being conned :p
  31. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

few people from the MLR were lucky to get certificate from the smart nav. But after a while they stop sending certificates out :confused: When i registered mine two weeks ago i got refused a certificate hence the reason why i opted for RAC trackstar.
  32. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

Thatss the Smart Nav button. Pretty cool at first but i personally think its a novelty :p. The Tracker which is built in isnt approved by insurance company, unless you are the lucky ones which were given a certificate by them. IF you looking for a tracker then go for this one...
  33. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

looks very nice indeed. How do you find the drive ?
  34. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

Ive paid £800 including breakdown + 5 years NCB. Prudential who i was with for 5 years wanted £1k :eek: and wouldnt even budge for any loyalty discount, wheres kwik fit insurance gave me this quote without the proof of tracker.
  35. mugen1314

cheers harv , should be straight forward. But knowing me i probably mess it up :p
  36. mugen1314

going to the garage to get it checked out this weekend and topped up to see me through till the next service. Ordered myself a nice Vortex Generator :cool: hopefully it shouldnt take long to get it delivered.
  37. mugen1314

My Evo IX FQ340

the road tax is slightly more expensive compared with the 8's ? I think that was the reason why i opted for a 8 because of the £400 tax on 9 360 :(
  38. mugen1314

Well it was the one located at the rear left boot. the Right side is for screen wash. Either way i will get it sorted. Just need to source out a decent garage to do it. Dont want to travel 2hours just to get it sorted. Apart from Norris is there any other alternative garages near somerset ?
  39. mugen1314

No mate , was stuck in traffic in yeovil :rolleyes: Next time im on the 303 will be two weeks time when visit parents. Just gave the car a regular check all round and notice the Diff level ( located my rear left boot ) was nearly at the low level. It was recently serviced :confused: Is...
  40. mugen1314

well the previous owner had it decat. should i jump to get it remap straight away with no mods on ? Where to get it map and what price should i be looking for? How much was it to get it re lacquered ? On the MLR forum theres a guy who done it for £200 but hes all the way up in Ireland.
  41. mugen1314

Been quite lucky with my civic. Posted it up on Pistonheads heads for two days and on the third day i had a buyer willing to meet my asking price. Once all that was all sorted i had to find my replacement. Went to collect this good example up in Nuneaton. The owner works in a farm and last...
  42. mugen1314

Mugen1314 NHB CTR : Toda / Gruppe M / Seibon / Skunk2

Stripping the car now. Mods for sale http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=611969#post611969
  43. mugen1314

Problem with a "CLUNK" since lowering.

i ideally dont want to spend anymore money on my ep3. So you suggest save money for eibachs OR go back to OEM springs ?
  44. mugen1314

Problem with a "CLUNK" since lowering.

being having the same problems as you guys. Took it back to my local garage to examine it three times and double/triple checked everything. No problems with shocks, no leakage or anything. How do you guys cure this problem ? apart from resorting to go back to OEM springs.
  45. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

was you able to hear that metalically sound from the toda mani OR was the N1 too loud ? :twisted:
  46. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

how does the n1 with toda mani sound ? Is it terrible loud. I was too scared to have that combo fitted :p Brave man stu. You notice much difference in motorway driving ? how does 5/6th gear feel ?
  47. mugen1314

Help!! New shocks required

:p sorry , babble on too much
  48. mugen1314

Help!! New shocks required

did u manage to sort out your suspension ? im too have some problems with the noises coming from my suspension. I think its the Tein S tech springs. which is causing some creaks and noises when i go over bumps and steering :confused: Read on some threads they spray white grease on the springs...
  49. mugen1314

EP3 J's Racing Tsuchinoko Intake

full marks for spending 900 squids on a induction. :cool: personally for me i wouldn't 800 was my limit for my toda exhaust. Any plans of any other mods. Now that you spent that much for the induction it kinda sets the tone for the rest of the car. dont be getting no powerflow exhaust :p...
  50. mugen1314

Skunk2 LCA's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SKUNK2-01-05-Civic-Si-Lower-Control-Arms-LCA-GD-EP3-02_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem3ef6001340QQitemZ270415172416QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories OR funkyproduct ...
  51. mugen1314

the k100 is map to airfilter / exhaust. The todas growing on me more and more. More importantly i got it at a good price and it doesnt get you fooked up after a long drive. :p
  52. mugen1314

My new Toda cat back exhaust with straight tail pipe

ahhhh i remember , i was checking your car out when i first arrive at 9am. loving the mugen exhaust and front mugen grill / lip. 5th gear vtec ... am i serious ? Ofcourse ! i didnt notice the noise before the mods. But did it a couple of times and u could hear the Gruppe M note change...
  53. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

i agree , just need the front mugen lip and maybe a bonnet to finish off the exterior
  54. mugen1314

Did i see you last monday ? What car is yours? Spent the whole day at TGM but it was well worth the trip. Transformed the car :cool:
  55. mugen1314

just had my toda manifold and RBC / throttle body fitted with my toda exhaust. made a huge improvement. Pull so much harder in lower gears and in the vtec. Also even got 5th gear vtec. never happen before.
  56. mugen1314

RBC and Manifold covers

I have a buddyclub bonnet and just recently had a RBC fitted. Spoke to Tom at TGM about my concerns over the wires exposed to water around the RBC area. He mention it will be fine, but i could also get a FN2 manifold cover ( as the EP3 one doesnt fit anymore ). Can someone double confirm that...
  57. mugen1314

A few updates of the car. bought some fogs a while back, never manage to hae time to fit them so decided to spend the whole afternoon fitting them. Also source out a Buddyclub shortshifter which at first was a bitch to fit. After driving around with the Toda exhaust with the OEM manifold...
  58. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

There's a proper mugen bonnet for sale, although you would need to spray it CW. Think that would set up the car nicely.
  59. mugen1314

EP3 fitting fog lights on ep3

ok bought a second hand fog light kit for my facelight Ep3. As mention before i had no problems doing the exterior wiring and taking the bumper off and wiring it up from there. I got stuck on #16 where i have to find the fusebox and insert the single lead. Been reading on this post and most of...
  60. mugen1314

help! trouble wiring up facelift EP3 fogs

ok bought a second hand fog light kit for my facelight Ep3. As mention before i had no problems doing the exterior wiring and taking the bumper off and wiring it up from there. I got stuck on where i have to find the fusebox and insert the single lead. Been reading another post and most of...
  61. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

tell me about it. was stuck there last week for one hour midnight:confused:
  62. mugen1314

Cant wait , waiting for the JDM front ARB / RBC / Buddyclub shortshifter should be coming through the post any time. Booked it in at TGM on 15th to have it all fitted :WOOT
  63. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

nice to see the exhaust going to a decent looking JDM civic:cool: I hear you out in the A303 :p
  64. mugen1314

Toda exhaust fitted , but having vibrations :(

booked the civic in TGM (2 weeks time ) to have RBC / Toda mani fitted. Spoke to Tom / TDi nort & South and they all told me not to bother fitting the Spoon ETD. The engine mounts is enough to look after the Manifold :D Just have to not drive the car too much to avoid damaging the exhaust...
  65. mugen1314

cheers guys for all your advices. Im kinda stuck in a dilema now, installed the Toda manifold along with engine mounts/exhaust mounts. BUT have it UNMAPPED for atleast 1 month. Reason why i leaving it for 1 month is because i have to wait for my RBC to be delivered and also save some bit of...
  66. mugen1314

spoke to TDI and they said once i fit the Toda Mani, it should take away the problem. Problem is i have to wait for the RBC to deliver and save up for remapping cost
  67. mugen1314

everything looks all intack. bolts ,screws are all fastened tightly.
  68. mugen1314

Recently i have a Toda exhaust fitted but after driven it i notice on town journey its perfectly fine, but in motorways on 60-70mph after u let go of the throttle its has a popping vibration (similar to my previous spoons exhaust when it had moisture in the bpipe). Its exactly the same feeling...
  69. mugen1314

Fitted the Toda exhaust this morning, gave it a little test drive. It's so quiet! Similar to stock standard :shock: In Vtec the Gruppe M's even louder than that. lol The local garage complimented on the craftmenship of the exhuast and the welding skills on it :cool: Overal im very happy...
  70. mugen1314

look what arrive today...... Be fitting it tomorrow :twisted: I always thought the Toda backbox was lighter than the spoon's , I was sooo wrong. :lol: Surprising how big the back box is. Hopefully this shouldnt be that loud :P
  71. mugen1314

did salems wales run last weekend and loved it Heres some pictures taken from them. many thanks This pictures said its all ...... relaxing and just simply absorbing the nice surroundings. Thanks to Lynda and Andy for arranging this and for the pro pictures
  72. mugen1314

yes those are tein S techs , lowers around 20-25mm. So far im loving the ride and just the way it looks. Nothing OTT but gives that slight aggressive stance. The Gold LCA would suit your car Stu :p Paid £170ish from the US ebay. gives a slight improvement in the handling. Just thinking is...
  73. mugen1314

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

nice read up ! Keep up with the good job and nice photos as well :cool:
  74. mugen1314

My JDM EP3

nice, looking very nice. Any plans of do anything on the exterior ?
  75. mugen1314

i like that number plate ... so tempting
  76. mugen1314

Yes it was me down in south mimms, what car did u drive ? lol @ stu. The number wouldnt suit your JDM CTR. Unless you want to swap cars ;)
  77. mugen1314

just had the Skunk Lower control arms fitted. Although i wasnt expecting much in terms of handling wise/ stiffness, i was surprise that it does gives some little bit more of stiffness in the back end ( IF that made any sense).
  78. mugen1314

Toda mani , need to remap or wait?

just out of curiousity , how does a toda mani/spoon B pipe / N1 sound ? Similar to a dc manifold combo ? Loud ? :p
  79. mugen1314

did u have engine mounts on yours to protect your mani or do u have the etd fitted aswel >
  80. mugen1314

how many N1's have you own on your previous CTR's / DC5 ? :p. Not fed up of the noise ? With my calculations it will be probably 6months till i get a toda exhaust ( unless i can source out a cheap decent 2nd hand one). Just curious to see how the sound will be with the RBC / Toda mani / Toda...
  81. mugen1314

After having owning the Spoon exhaust for couple years now i personally think its time to change for a sublte exhaust :-D . My overal aim is getting the 240+bhp so im kinda leaning towards the idea of the Toda exhaust / mani setup and the RBC, then maybe possible Cams if needed. heres some...
  82. mugen1314

think i leave it until i get the RBC and toda exhaust. Just collected a mint Toda mani....... So nice :cool:
  83. mugen1314

cheers stu , just thinking its going to be atleast another 6 months or so till i save up for the RBC / Toda exhaust. So was tempted of installing the mani and just leave the K100 unmapped. Will that be ok ?
  84. mugen1314

currently have the full spoons Exhaust system / Gruppe M / K100 . Looking to go the full toda. Just about to collect a Toda manifold but would need to save my pennies to get the RBC and Toda exhaust. Question is whether i should leave the Toda manifold aside and wait for the other two to arrive...
  85. mugen1314

how do you look after your Manifold's ?

didnt know the buddyclub doesnt require the mounts, how about ETD ? is it alot louder ?
  86. mugen1314

how do you look after your Manifold's ?

I know the basics of avoiding any damages to the manifold are have energy suspension mounts and ETD fitted. But With those two fitted theres still a chance of damaging the bugger. Either the flexi / the joint will recieve a hairline crack. My main concern is IF i do fork out for a TODA mani...
  87. mugen1314

just a little launch video on private road. Ignore the little giggle from my friend at the start of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyUuKuv7FHo Got Gold Skunk LCA and Fogs to be fitted just to finish off the exterior look just some randoms shots of the car
  88. mugen1314

Mugen airbox

i used the existing rubber hose to feed cold air into the airbox. It was only 1 inches short but it was facing towards the directions of the airbox hole (if u know what i mean) At the time i bought it second hand for £200, not bad if your on a budget. I had it mapped with a k100 ecu and notice...
  89. mugen1314

Mugen airbox

some people use tape to secure it, but when i had mine i left it exposed. didnt effect any performance or heat soak.
  90. mugen1314

Mugen airbox

there shouldnt be anything missing. Just use your existing OEM hose and plug into the mugen box
  91. mugen1314

Fast road set up in essex.

TDi down in thurrock are pretty good. They do fast road setup. Top people, Speak to Sam !
  92. mugen1314

Steering rack

just had the tein s tech fitted and just starting to notice theres a little noise coming from the front left wheel area (when i turn full left hand lock). Begin to worry whether my racks needs replacing or not. Apart from the obvious noise, what should i look out for IF it does needs replacing...
  93. mugen1314

Ok so its been a couple of weeks from my last mods. As mention on the previous threads i had problems re-alligning the CF bonnet, so i took it to honda and 'hey presto' that manage to sort it out ( By removing the front bumper and fiddling around with it ). It now sits alot better, wheres...
  94. mugen1314

*UPDATE* fitted some Tein S tech Springs , groved vented disk today. Only done a 2minute test drive, but really really impressed with the handling. No bodyroll so far, and not too bad over humps and bumps. Will get pictures up later on
  95. mugen1314

Nhb 30th ani (gone) Audi s3 now here

nice car , but thought you were going for a 5 door instead of a three door ?
  96. mugen1314

Fitting Rear JDM ARB, BUT need new drop links

£200 for fitting springs ? personally thats not bad price, £50 per corner seems right. But Ash Honda wanted £100 per corner ... maybe im a tight little git :lol:
  97. mugen1314

took mine to the local garage and they had no problems. The only problem for me now is getting my tein s tech fitted. Friggin Honda wanted 400 squids to have them fitted. :rolleyes:
  98. mugen1314

cheers guys, just seems alot for two small links :D
  99. mugen1314

My cousin took his ep3 to tdi to have a Rear JDM ARB fitted. They mention they cannot fit the ARB because they were wary that the drop link may need replacing. They asked us to buy some new drop links from honda, but when quoted from honda they asked for £92 for them. :scratch: Is that right ?
Back