• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. E

EP3 squeaking noise from the front

thanks i will get the pads checked, the noise gets worse on bumpy roads
  2. E

EP3 squeaking noise from the front

hi fellow members only recently whilst driving i can here a squeaking noise from the front area of my ep3 the sound is like squeak from a bed, you can hear it on low speeds specially when pulling off ? last work on the car iv had the top suspension struts changed 3 months thank you
  3. E

EP3 Passenger side rear brake sticking / getting red hot

sticking caliper or it might be your left side handbrake cable i had the same issue
  4. E

Brake squeaking

Not sure as has pads are 3 months old
  5. E

Brake squeaking

Hi whilst driving my ep3 I hear squeaking sound when driving but goes away when pressing brake pedal what can be causing this thanks
  6. E

EP3 Clutch smell

Thanks everyone I've booked the car for Tuesday will keep you guys updates thanks again
  7. E

EP3 Clutch smell

Thanks for the replies my alloy wheel also get hot after driving car
  8. E

EP3 Clutch smell

Hi on the way to work today I noticed clutch burning smell the smell is coming from one of the rear brakes I have groove discs and mintex pads they're only 2 months old. Someone said it might be a stuck caliper? What can it be ? and is it safe to drive ? Thank you
  9. E

EP3 Oil leak

the garage done the seal mate
  10. E

EP3 Oil leak

Good evening everyone My ep3 had an oil leak before I changed the crankshaft seal but I still have a drop of oil on the ground when I park up but the leak is not bad as before What can it be thanks
  11. E

EP3 Ep3 help

i have little problem when trying to drive in vtec mode I can feel little push but doesn't last long the vtec seem like it's lagging what can cause this ?
  12. E

EP3 Vtec problem

i have little problem when trying to drive in vtec mode I can feel little push but doesn't last long the vtec seem like it's lagging what can cause this ?
  13. E

EP3 Engine problem

Taken car to another mechanic for the timing chain kit and car is running smooth. I would thank everyone on this page. But I have little problem when trying to drive in vtec mode I can feel little push vtec don't last seems like it's lagging what can cause this ?
  14. E

EP3 Engine problem

Cheers mate
  15. E

EP3 Engine problem

Yes your correct about the mechanic and yes old one is stretched. ** look up the thread and Thanks for the response
  16. E

EP3 Engine problem

thanks for the quick response. Garage say new chain shorter than the stretched one taken out. They figured this out by each other putting chains next to each other ?
  17. E

EP3 Engine problem

Hi update as my timing chain is stretched I bought timing chain kit and the mechanic said that new one is slightly smaller by half a inch so I bought another one from Euro car parts and he said the same thing. Took it back to euro car parts with the stretched chain they counted the teeth and...
  18. E

EP3 Engine problem

thank im in tipton west midlands ?
  19. E

EP3 Engine problem

Hi my ep3 the vtec does not engage the way it should do when i put my foot down about 5000 or more revs i can feel a little slip dont know whether the timing chain is stretched. Engine management light was on its showing P0341 cmp sensor A and ckp sensor incorrect phase detected Hope...
  20. E

Ep3 Gearbox problem

Thanks for the advise
  21. E

Ep3 Gearbox problem

Thanks for the reply just got it checked at the garage and they said its the crank seal.
  22. E

Ep3 Gearbox problem

Hi folks i have a 2005 ep3 i have oil leak between where gearbox and the engine connect its like 2 drops. The gear box and clutch run fine no slips or gears getting stuck What can it most likely be ? Thank you
  23. E

Ep3 oil leak

Thanks for the reply you think its oil filter
  24. E

Ep3 oil leak

Hi folks i have oil leak at the bottom the passenger engine i dont no if it dripping from the back of engine. It leaks once i park up the car like 2 to 3 drops. Iv searched on the internet that it could be the vtec solenoid o ring but im.not sure Iv attached picture to this topic thank you
Back