• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. lainux

What did you do to your Type R today?

Chips away tried to charge over £800 saying they would also need to respray the bonnet and doors to blend the paint work... not if you use the correct official colour code [emoji1787] Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  2. lainux

Have a quote back from my local Honda, isn't too bad around £530 for everything, new part and labour and respray.
  3. lainux

Have dropped chipsaway an email, but doubt they'd be able to do anything about it unless they can bend metal. Found the partcode for the new fender/wing so have dropped my local honda an e-mail, the part is £250ish online, but its labour and part needs to be spray painted too.:mad: So will use...
  4. lainux

OMG i scraped and dented the side of my wheel arch at the front whilst parking in my garage today, so gutted. Anyone know a decent place for a good price who can do a good job fixing it in the West Midlands?https://ibb.co/MZmdGwG
  5. lainux

New tyres

Ahhh does sound a bit of a risk with 18" Guess more research needs to be done for this!
  6. lainux

New tyres

What were the exact dimension of the rims, do you have link to them, just want to make sure i can reuse the spoke fittings etc.. - thanks!
  7. lainux

New tyres

I'm looking to downgrade to 18" with a budget of £1,000 for tyres and rims without changing anything to the car i..e suspension etc.., any recommendations or know where i should look?
  8. lainux

FK8 Couple of niggles with FK8 Type R

Will probably get it replace if colour is different, would also be a good replacement if your grill/front end is covered in chips too
  9. lainux

Anyone had their front grill replaced for the parking sensor/rain issue? Spoke to my local Honda when booking my service and they don't have the part yet.
  10. lainux

FK8 Has my variable service indicator been tuned off by the dealer?

Would there be any issues if you don't follow the variable service, my second service popped up the other month, but i want to change it to annual service(October) as i don't do many miles!
  11. lainux

Mine arrived too. Great images! Looks like you did a good job! Were the panels easy to remove from the door and could the existing fabric be removed easy without tearing just incase i would like to put them back on when selling the car to keep it original?
  12. lainux

FK8 Had FK8 just over 6 months, a few little niggles .....

Bit like this driver! https://www.facebook.com/drivetribe/videos/568353786994180/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARB2xKdxtWJoxo9T5x08JImGKi09s_YSUBlohM0L1cWdc3gwcBXmSnCKbVNXYwr4CPLJiZ1TQwMXvVJi
  13. lainux

Did that few months ago and the update crashed so i gave up, stuck to android auto since. The garage smelt sooo bad of petrol fumes afterwards!
  14. lainux

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

If you look closely to the camo cars at the ring and the mugen type r shown in Detroit , does any one else think these were the mugen cars being tested?
  15. lainux

FK8 Will it fit in the garage?

I used to have a Golk MK6, and that fitted into my single garage (new build home) with good space. The FK8 just about fits, just around wide enough to open the door to squeeze out, though i would pad up the walls to be safe! Length wise just enough space to fit a packed up lawnmower with around...
  16. lainux

FK8 Winter tyres

How much were the OEM tyres and where did you get them from!
  17. lainux

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

We'll see on November the 3rd on the US config page!
  18. lainux

2019 model updates already.. http://hondanews.com/releases/2019-honda-civic-type-r-and-civic-hatchback-accelerate-into-dealerships
  19. lainux

Around 4.5k only! Only really use it during the weekends!
  20. lainux

Happy Birthday to my car! 1 year old today!
  21. lainux

FK8 Non GT FK8

Just for a bit of fun I configued a non-type-r civic, the prestige model with 182PS manual, added some trims, alloys etc.. and even that came to £30k list on the road price! Without the extras the base prestige model is £27k
  22. lainux

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

Ahh, looks like everyone should start reporting them back to the dealership, when I get the chance I will. Need people power!
  23. lainux

Not booked mine in, but a logical guess is to do with rain leaking onto the sensor. Guess a clean wipe to the sensor would fix it each time? Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  24. lainux

FK8 Shell V-Power

Thats great, thanks for this info, was gettting worried i'll be out of pocket! Will look forward to enjoying my car a bit more as I've been mainly commuting by train since i've had it! This work project will allow me to make the most of my car, still not tested lane keep assist and cruise...
  25. lainux

FK8 Shell V-Power

Might just type r mode it all the way haha. Work uses the goverment 0.45p per mile claim back expense, not sure if i'll be out of pocket travelling for work with v-power.
  26. lainux

FK8 Shell V-Power

Will be doing a lot more traveling for work soon across the UK! Any tips to improve MPG for the motorway, does everyone use comfort mode on the motorway? :p
  27. lainux

Cool, does'nt seem to be much of an issue, going to bite the bullet tonight and order black with red lettering, having my annual detailer work done in Oct, will install them after the work is done!
  28. lainux

Hey! I can see the mud flaps are are quite low, whats the ground clearance like over speed humps and mounting the pavement to park?
  29. lainux

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

What a mess! :p
  30. lainux

Just done a quote with them and just under £1.2k lol, how did you get under £200!
  31. lainux

My insurance renewal is due soon, £740ish with 11years no claims, in the midlands, how does that compare to everyone else?
  32. lainux

I've had this issue too, have'nt reported it to my local Honda dealer though.
  33. lainux

They need to make the drive thru paths wider though, bit of a squeeze in the drive thru, just like parking anywhere indoors, the entrance is so small!
  34. lainux

Had a cheeky KFC last night, the guy at the drive thru who served me said "you have a nice car" , always love the random compliments!
  35. lainux

How would insurance work for the day, would we need track day insurance? Never been to these events before!
  36. lainux

Tempted to go too, from the Midlands here
  37. lainux

Booked in autoglass repair to replace/repair 3 small scratches on the drivers side window, not sure how the scratches got there, but I think its from parking somewhere! Will see if they replace the glass or repair it, appointment is next week.
  38. lainux

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Hopefully this might help? https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/navi-updates.html or https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=8vzoH5r1tRANWNbfmAyxvA&searchType=noProduct
  39. lainux

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

Anyone know if these are anygood and worth the money? Seems to be plug and play! https://tdi-tuning.com/car/honda/civic/fk8-20-type-r-315-bhp-320-ps-235-kw-400-nm-295-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-with-rpm-petrol-tuning-box-chip
  40. lainux

After 10 months finally saw another FK8(white one) on the road yesterday in Birmingham on Streetsbrook road, flashed my light and he waved back! :)
  41. lainux

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

I've had similar noises at around 3,000 rpms, noise seems to appear when the engine has warmed up. However over the last few weeks the noise seems to have dissapeared which I guess is mainly due to the hot weather! The car seems to run and drive alot better in the hot weather too, gear changes...
  42. lainux

Just booked in my car for this Saturday for the 3,000k variable service as the symbol came up, good job I went for the 5 year service plan!
  43. lainux

Ah, so there isn't actually a 3k service which Honda need to carry out for this car? I can just ignore the service symbol and not service it until when it's due (1 year later or how many x miles). :)
  44. lainux

Have reached over 3000 miles and service symbol have showed up, bit early?
  45. lainux

FK8 Intermittent rattle from front brake/hub, NOT brake squeal.

I've also had the same noise appear randomly sometimes, thought it might be something more serious! Will take my wheels off too when i get the chance
  46. lainux

FK8 Diskloks

LOL, I bought one the day after i picked up my car :p
  47. lainux

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Might work out more cost effective getting 18" rims giving cheaper options on tyres
  48. lainux

FK8 Midlands meetup anyone?

Sounds good!
  49. lainux

Yeah, the fk8 didn't win top gear and what car awards for being a crap car... Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  50. lainux

FK8 Quality issues

Even when there is no object in front! Sensor appears randomly, normally when raining. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  51. lainux

FK8 Quality issues

Anyone notice the front parking sensor sometimes coming on randomly when driving? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  52. lainux

Anyone drove in the snow today? And how was it? Decided to leave mine in the garage for the today, but will have to drive it this weekend! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  53. lainux

FK8 GAP Insurance (plus alloy)

I'm thinking of going for totallossgap for 5 years, seems reasonable priced. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  54. lainux

Ahh so that's what it does, cheers!
  55. lainux

Where is the button? I've not noticed it on mine!
  56. lainux

FK8 Quality issues

Can someone check beneath their arches of the rear wheels, where there is like a fabric like material, it doesn't fully cover up the curved arch and the fabric sticks out. Also on the triangle shaped window on the side on the passenger side, the seal kinda of like sticks out and not fully sealed...
  57. lainux

Is this with hard braking or just soft braking or both, does sound bad :( Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  58. lainux

Same here! Mine has only done 130ish miles. Apparently driving more gets rid of it! Mine is 5915. On a separate note has anyone noticed a vibrating noise in the dash when you reach 3,000rpm when the engine is warmed up? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  59. lainux

Collected my car tonight from Reflections Detailing! Coated in Gyeon products with Mohs+ on the body paintwork. It shines! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  60. lainux

Probably removing the pads and giving them a copper spray/coating will remove the squael. Only really notice the noise at slow speed breaking over a speed bump sometimes. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  61. lainux

Oh well the wheels are back on the car now, can't rust proof those areas! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  62. lainux

Cheers for the advice, have messaged the detailer to ask if they could do this! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  63. lainux

My car at Reflections Detaling for a few days! Having gyeon products on the exterior, interior and Mohs+ coating on the bodywork Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  64. lainux

I think you wait for the confirmation of the service plan to arrive in the post and then it should have details to book in the dongle install. Well that is what the sales guy told me! I do want to book mine in sooner though, rather than wait! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  65. lainux

It's the my Honda dongle, it's free for 3 years with a 5 year service plan, still waiting for my details in the post and then will book it in too. Offer is near the bottom https://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/honda/new-car-offers/civic-type-r/ Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  66. lainux

What's wrong with the brakes? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  67. lainux

Nooo the sharp vibrating noise at 3,000 rpm has returned... Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  68. lainux

Nope, but I was to first one to order the fk8 from them. After deal was agreed I asked the manager of the sales guy if he could throw in some merchandise freebies as I was the first [emoji14] Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  69. lainux

They give me £250 worth of type r merchandise to be fair. T-shirt, polo shirt, cap, nice racing jacket, key ring, beach towel and few other bits, also £250 off the lights pack! So would have felt cheeky to ask for the mats, but did think standard set would be supplied! Sent from my Nexus 6P...
  70. lainux

Are considering that too, I guess the velcro might need over time. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  71. lainux

Strangely enough the noise had gone this morning, and sounded smooth all the way to 4,000. Lets see if it comes back again later! Haven't gone beyond 5,000 yet though as bedding in the engine :D Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  72. lainux

Not sure if this is normal, when I reach 3,000 rpm the engine makes like a sharp vibrating noise. I guess kinda like VTEC noise, but isn't, but when I go higher up the revs the noise disappears. Anyone else get this on 3,000 rpm? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  73. lainux

Ordered mine from them too. Did it come with the floor anchors to fit to the floor, as my dealer didn't install the anchors for me.
  74. lainux

Anyone know if the car has walk away auto lock? It's in the manual, but can't find it in the menu system of the car! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  75. lainux

Oh wells gonna order a set of everyday rubber civic mats and get my detailer to install them when I see him next week. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  76. lainux

Collected my car and enjoying it! Little disappointed it didn't come with type r mats which I thought it did, didn't even have the carpet hooks installed at the front! Guess I need to order a set and get them installed. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  77. lainux

Any tips for bedding in the car? Picking mine up next weekend! What is the highest rev limit you can go to when bedding in the first 600miles? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  78. lainux

You actually can't really tell the Gators are on! Will get mine done too when I have mine coated with ceramic Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  79. lainux

I'm thinking of alloygators too, but wasn't sure if they were suitable and how it would look, do you have any photos? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  80. lainux

How many miles are you getting on a full tank? [emoji14] Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  81. lainux

I think I might wait until the end of month. Works out better for me, still gives me week to drive the car before it goes to the detailer, will ask to leave the roof and hood wrapping on the car for some protection. Sooo excited! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  82. lainux

Omg just got a video from my dealer! My pmm has arrived, originally delayed to 28th, I cancelled my detailer for this week to and moved it a few weeks back! Dilemma, should I pick it up this weekend or pickup nearer end of month where I have detailer booked. I don't really want to risk not...
  83. lainux

So are they going to repaint the whole car? Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  84. lainux

Wow looks like PMM is the most popular then! So glad i ordered mine reasonably early before the demo cars arrived, just hope the ETA of September 28th is spot on for mine...
  85. lainux

30 orders for pmm in a week or maybe honda have restricted the numbers of pmm due to delays of the colour? Someone I know ordered a CW back in around April and got his car on 1st of September, one of the first! Did you order one, if so what date have you been given?
  86. lainux

Just visited honda and my car isn't due until the end of September! There was a red and black which arrived even though I ordered before them! Maybe pmm is popular or lower demand, seen due date for CW is October! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  87. lainux

Still waiting for mine and no contact from my dealer. But went for a sneak look today and think I saw my car parked near the back! Shame the dealership was closed when I went there, would have checked it! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  88. lainux

Oh no! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  89. lainux

Still not heard anything from the dealer on my car! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  90. lainux

Glad you're enjoying it! Bit odd the colour of the bonnet hood doesn't match! Are the flat circle marks of the roof requiring a paint job? I've booked my in for a detailer the day I'm getting mine. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  91. lainux

What serial number! When did you order yours! :) Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  92. lainux

For people who have or looking to pick their cars up next week or this week, when did you order yours? I ordered mine in July and have no news yet! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  93. lainux

I'm on the same boat, they haven't given an ETA yet. However I have given them a date of the 17th as I have my detailer booked in for then! Would like to think it would be here before then! Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  94. lainux

Sales guy has gone quiet on me too! However I don't want to collect mine till later September anyway. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  95. lainux

For gap insurance I'm going with these guys https://car2cover.co.uk/ £279 for 5years which is pretty decent!
  96. lainux

You can get tyre and alloy insurance for £299 total https://totallossgap.co.uk/additional-cover/844 Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  97. lainux

FK8 Deposit down!

Ah, I might go for the dealer alloy insurance. £210 for 3years with interest free 10months. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  98. lainux

FK8 Deposit down!

Might have alloygators installed on mine, guess red would look fine. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  99. lainux

FK8 Deposit down!

Do you know if this pack includes the console light? I've ordered this pack too. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Back