• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

True. But then my cars have never cost me what most would consider "a great deal".

First car was free as it was an 18th birthday present. Second cost £6k, third cost £8k, fourth cost £8k, and current cost £10k. So a mere £32k on the cars themselves; so £88k on modifications and sundries. :freak: :lol:

Collected my car and enjoying it! Little disappointed it didn't come with type r mats which I thought it did, didn't even have the carpet hooks installed at the front! Guess I need to order a set and get them installed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Should've been part of your negotiations...

...maybe that's why I'm still waiting for my car :smt102

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't give mats away, not at that price,
To be honest the quality in Honda mats are terrible for what they cost, my FK2 ones only lasted over the winter months before going hard and manky.

Splash the cash and get the mugen ones quality in those are exceptional

Collected my car and enjoying it! Little disappointed it didn't come with type r mats which I thought it did, didn't even have the carpet hooks installed at the front! Guess I need to order a set and get them installed.

Didn't the salesman mention them at all?

As said, no chance of them being free. I covered them with Halfords specials to prolong their life a bit straight away

Didn't the salesman mention them at all?

As said, no chance of them being free. I covered them with Halfords specials to prolong their life a bit straight away

It's easier for you to mention in passing - salesman are going to try and extract as much as they can from you.

My first quote had mats listed at £85 so if you ask you don't get.

Regarding Sensing technology:
- is it possible to disable it (lane assist, collision avoidance, traffic sign recognition) ? I ask as I know somebody with a C-class and the car mistakenly self-brakes sometimes(with no obstacle in front). He was almost rear-ended several times due to this.
- can you permanently disable it / or you need every time you start the car?

The dealer can retrofit the parking sensors for about 600. If I don't need Sensing, dual zone climate, wireless charger, does it make any sense to get the GT package only for GPS and premium sound system?

Regarding Sensing technology:
- is it possible to disable it (lane assist, collision avoidance, traffic sign recognition) ? I ask as I know somebody with a C-class and the car mistakenly self-brakes sometimes(with no obstacle in front). He was almost rear-ended several times due to this.
- can you permanently disable it / or you need every time you start the car?

The dealer can retrofit the parking sensors for about 600. If I don't need Sensing, dual zone climate, wireless charger, does it make any sense to get the GT package only for GPS and premium sound system?

I've had mixed results with the collision avoidance. The other night it slammed on the anchors on a round about when a car going accross me was at a safe distance, then yesterday when a d1ck did a full emergency response, not a dickie bird and just, and I mean just, went around him. Still the traffic sensing when reversing in a car park is great, sound system ok, Garmin sat nav reminds me of the graphics on my n64, so mixed bag! You don't get the red piping on the skirts which I think I'd miss, plus I think you'd have a bigger depreciation hit and a lower price issue if selling on privately vs a GT spec.

It can catch you out on roundabouts as well, FK2/8 can hold pretty well on one so you soon get the warning popping up

Oh wells gonna order a set of everyday rubber civic mats and get my detailer to install them when I see him next week.

I've had mixed results with the collision avoidance. The other night it slammed on the anchors on a round about when a car going accross me was at a safe distance, then yesterday when a d1ck did a full emergency response, not a dickie bird and just, and I mean just, went around him. Still the traffic sensing when reversing in a car park is great, sound system ok, Garmin sat nav reminds me of the graphics on my n64, so mixed bag! You don't get the red piping on the skirts which I think I'd miss, plus I think you'd have a bigger depreciation hit and a lower price issue if selling on privately vs a GT spec.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes the red piping looks nice, I'd rather have it. True with the resale value should sell easier. I'd rather have the integrated gps, it's works better than standalone ones afaik.
These Sensing type of systems are still in an incipient phase, from all producers. They fail rather often to take the right decision. I'd like to avoid being distracted / bother the others in traffic.

Is it possible to disable Sensing? Permanently or every time the car starts?

Anyone know if the car has walk away auto lock? It's in the manual, but can't find it in the menu system of the car!

It will only auto lock if you unlock with the fob but don't open a door.
Open a door and walkaway it will stay unlocked

Thanks for the reply.
Yes the red piping looks nice, I'd rather have it. True with the resale value should sell easier. I'd rather have the integrated gps, it's works better than standalone ones afaik.
These Sensing type of systems are still in an incipient phase, from all producers. They fail rather often to take the right decision. I'd like to avoid being distracted / bother the others in traffic.

Is it possible to disable Sensing? Permanently or every time the car starts?

Not 100% mate as it's all a bit baffling! I turned off lane departure mitigation and that stayed off..... not sure about collision mitigation and the other 157 features ha

Will have a play let you know

In other news went japshow finale at santa pod today, great fun. Think I was the only FK - maybe unsurprising! EP3 boys still going strong and fast as fook. Litchfield GTRs were different league...

Anyone know if the car has walk away auto lock? It's in the manual, but can't find it in the menu system of the car!

Vehicle->Door Setup->Walk Away Auto Lock

According to US handbook

Should have it as it was sort of demonstrated by a salesman at my local Honda garage

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wells gonna order a set of everyday rubber civic mats and get my detailer to install them when I see him next week.

Genuine Honda standard Civic rubber mats fit perfect and are good quality. I got mine from Cox Motor Parts.

Genuine Honda standard Civic rubber mats fit perfect and are good quality. I got mine from Cox Motor Parts.
Ordered mine from them too. Did it come with the floor anchors to fit to the floor, as my dealer didn't install the anchors for me.

Back