• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R77DVR

R77DVR/Ry's Silver EP3 Type R

Cheers mate... Car is actually in the garage at home at present undergoing some very different aesthetic changes [emoji23] Will be a video re that in due course so give us a sub [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. R77DVR

Each panel has some sort of defect. The driver front wing is the worst. Tbf, much of it could be touched up, flat back and machine polished. Wing and bumper though do need a respray. It's never going to be a show car tbh. It was bought with the intention of just being a bit of fun to mess...
  3. R77DVR

It took ages and after trying hopelessly to wrap the Civic door handles I've given up [emoji23] It will be coming off as I'm not 100% happy with it. I'll be trying to tidy up some of the paint work instead I think Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. R77DVR

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Gotta love the feeling of a nice new clutch [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R77DVR

Yeah mate. Rabbid mapped. Goes well! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. R77DVR

Yeah. Had the red one and then bought the blue one from Mike aka VXRTricky one there. Had them both sat on the driveway for a while much to the wife's distaste [emoji23] Blue one is Stage 3.5. Good fun You got one then or had one? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. R77DVR

Yeah mate. VXRRy Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R77DVR

Well been pretty quiet of late. I'm half way through moving house so the garage is full of boxes and other crap not leaving much room for fun and tinkering. Car has been superb over last few months bar a couple of issues here and there Had some water ingress into the box and a rotten smell...
  9. R77DVR

New coilover for my ep3

I run B14s on my Astra VXR and they are superb. Firm enough for fast road enjoyment and improved handling but not crashy at all Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. R77DVR

EP3 Does my steering rack need to be replaced?

I thought I had similar issues but after changing the track rod ends, tie rods, drop links and then having a full geo it's felt better than ever. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. R77DVR

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Great springs the Eibach Pro kit. I've got similar set up on mine. My boss had the same troubles as you with his rear shocks in the end my mate doing the work gave up as we didn't have new shocks to hand! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. R77DVR

Matt's JDM EP3

Not a good start but once you get the jobs done you can start enjoying it. Mines had loads done in the first 6 months of owning but I've a solid car now that is epic to drive. Enjoy mate Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. R77DVR

EP3 dirty headlamps

Whatever you do don't bother with toothpaste like all these idiots suggest like on YouTube [emoji23] Best bet is to wet and dry them with wet and dry sandpaper. Maybe a 2500 grade and work your way back to 3000. You'd then need a good compound to polish them back and best bet would be with a...
  14. R77DVR

EP3 rust?

Is that the tie rod? Any more pics Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. R77DVR

Clutch problems or somthing else?

Where you based? If you are in the South East I have a mate in Essex who did mine and my bosses Clutch for a good price Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. R77DVR

Clutch problems or somthing else?

I would say a genuine clutch kit and change would sort this. I had mine done recently. No pedal, travel, lunging forward as so difficult to find the right biting point. Also crunching up high in the Rev range. Feels and changes perfect now [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. R77DVR

EP3 upper gearbox mount insert

The vtec cover on mine is prone to rattles... pain in the arse but not been too bad of late Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. R77DVR

My New Milano Red EP3

Like the job on the headliner [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. R77DVR

Agreed, ones on my Astra give a mental drone that can get tiresome after a hour or so of driving. The vibratechnics mounts in the Civic aren't all that bad but agree with above about rattles.. getting a nice annoying one from around the glove box and can't quite pinpoint it yet [emoji85]...
  20. R77DVR

Inserts aren't bad. I recently had my mate fit 3 of the powerflex ones to his EP3 and I collected it. Nice stronger feel to the front end. I've 3 fitted on my Astra VXR too and they are great. Makes it hard to drive a car with standard engine mounts now. Got the full vibratechnics kit on my EP3...
  21. R77DVR

A pillar chip repair

Body shops are never cheap but they are your only option unless you can live with it as a touch up. 200 quid seems reasonable to me tbh. I recently paid that for a shop to respray a splitter on my Astra that I'd broken in half and then repaired. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. R77DVR

Ep3 pulling away bogs down and cuts out

They had fuel issues on the Mira build and cleaned those up Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

I've got Kumho's on my EP3. Never had them before and never would have thought to have bought them but they are decent enough and seem to grip well. Not as good as the Vredestein Sessanta I have on the VXR in the wet but not bad. My boss has just fitted a set to his EP3 and so far so good. As...
  24. R77DVR

Rear arb question

Same as the Astra. I think a RARB is a must do mod with any set up with a rear beam Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. R77DVR

Rear arb question

If it's anything like the difference it makes to an Astra VXR and which is similar set up it will be a very good addition Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. R77DVR

Aftermarket alloy advice

Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. R77DVR

Aftermarket alloy advice

So true. Loads of wheels have fallen victim to this probably including more expensive ones Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. R77DVR

Aftermarket alloy advice

I think most of your JR stuff is going to be fine for the road and for track stuff I'd be just getting Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s which is what I have on my Astra. They are light, good value and if they are good enough for BTCC teams then they can't be bad lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. R77DVR

Aftermarket alloy advice

So much hate on Rep wheels. Some aren't bad. You do get your frankly dangerous crap on the likes of eBay. But JR wheels aren't too bad. Same with Bola wheels etc. I understand purists will always opt for the genuine items but for the money of JR's they shouldn't be completely discounted...
  30. R77DVR

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Sounds nice that Remus. Remus make lovely sounding systems. I've got one on my Astra and it's arguably the best sounding one you can buy for them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

So true. I bought a mini years ago with Achilles ATR sports on them. I said I'd change them once they had worn a little more and after 6k of hard driving they'd not even worn by a mm. The car got sold before I had chance to change them. The Vredestein wear ok. The Vorti R ones even more so as...
  32. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

I think you'd be surprised at how good they are. Your FK2 and my VXR are similar ish power outputs so would probably be fine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

Come on though Chris. That's a bit of a sweeping statement. They aren't gash. I've been through 4 sets of them on relatively well powered cars and they've had bags of grip in the wet and dry. Track days and fast road driving. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

Vorti's are probably the better choice for the wet tbf they are slightly better rated for wet I have no issues with mine in the wet on my VXR. That's running 300bhp and 340lbs/ft of torque. It's also got a RARB set on hard and on B14s so pretty stiff and that set up is relatively prone to...
  35. R77DVR

FN2 Good cheaper tyres

If you can get them in the size you need then take a look at Vredestein Sessanta or Vorti I run them on my VXR and have had many sets now. They are a massively underrated tyre and used on some big power cars.. Worth a look and they don't break the bank Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. R77DVR

Not Honda related but my most recent vlog re Astra VXRs. https://youtu.be/0pUhfQupvps Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. R77DVR

EP3 6k to spend

I agree, lazy advert. Also doesn't look like 6k's worth of car! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. R77DVR

Evo wheel on ep3??

Interested in this too as I've thought the same of late. 205 will be a stretch on them though won't it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. R77DVR

EP3 6k to spend

That's a nice budget to play with. I'm sure you'll get something nice with that kinda money Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. R77DVR

EP3 Clutch Query

I've just put Genuine kit in mine. Cheap enough and so far so good [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  41. R77DVR

EP3 Newbie looking to buy ep3

I travelled from Essex to North Yorkshire for mine so worth traveling for the right one. I also found that Pistonheads classifieds had a better quality of car for sale and more enthusiast owned ones. Mines tatty but was pretty mechanically sound but I've had to have the clutch done amongst other...
  42. R77DVR

EP3 First buy track project!

Good thinking [emoji1362] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  43. R77DVR

EP3 Newbie looking to buy ep3

I wouldn't say you date being realistic with your expectations and budget there tbh. I would say you'd be looking at something 04 around 100k at that money and you'd probably have to do lots of that clutch and stuff yourself unless you are lucky. Good luck in your search though [emoji1360]...
  44. R77DVR

EP3 First buy track project!

Fellow VXR owner here [emoji1360] Go tune that VXR. They are great out the box but even better once remapped [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  45. R77DVR

EP3 Is this EP3 Worth it?

I've had one 3 months now. Paid 2800 for it 04 plate 100k I've since done lots of the work you mention above which has pushed my total spend to near enough what you mention so if you go see it and can knock off a couple of hundred quid then imo opinion you are winning [emoji1360] Sent from...
  46. R77DVR

My New Milano Red EP3

Sorting geometry and suspension is always a good idea!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  47. R77DVR

I'd love to try Cadwell but the places scares the crap out of me! Prefer the safety of Snetts! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  48. R77DVR

Already in the eBay watch list mate [emoji1360][emoji23] Deffo going to do that at some point. I am going to be without the car for 4 weeks though soon. My mate's big Turbo Astra has decided it doesn't like the turbo seals anymore so I'm loaning it to him whilst he's without a car [emoji1360]...
  49. R77DVR

EP3 Clutch Prices

I had a mate do it for a very attractive price with loads of other stuff at the same time. http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-clutch-kit-civic-integra-k-series.html...
  50. R77DVR

EP3 Clutch Prices

I got a genuine Honda clutch kit from Tegiwa with fluid and a braided line which I never ended up using for 236 [emoji1360] Mine was on 101k and looked like this. Issues with were crunching at high rpm gear changes, very little pedal travel and generally hard work when in traffic as was...
  51. R77DVR

Bright gold evo 8s on cosmic grey

I'm looking for a set of these myself! The fitment on them looks perfect tbh! I've got a 30mm Eibach pro kit on mine and looks well tbf, just needs these wheels now [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  52. R77DVR

100k [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  53. R77DVR

It was handling nicely beforehand as the geo was pretty nice and it already had RCA's and camber bolts up front but the clutch needed doing desperately so it had to be done but as expensive as it was to sort all those parts out it was a no brainer doing it all at same time as didn't want to pay...
  54. R77DVR

Update: New clutch in, new drop links all round fitted, new tie rods and track rod ends fitted, new Eibach pro kit springs added, oil changed and cobra back box on too. Car feels like new from the front end now and the car is sitting nicely. Just giving the springs a chance to settle and...
  55. R77DVR

Ep3 aftermarket cat choice

I would speak to your MOT guy first. Sports cats can give you as much grief as a decat a lot of the time. Sure I've seen decats that are a cat cone but empty on eBay and places. At least you pass a visual check then and the rest is just emissions. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  56. R77DVR

EP3 daily living with an ep3

I've got one as a second car but no worries driving it daily. It's actually more comfortable than my main car and the cabin is a nice place to be even on longer journeys. Thing I like is it's like having two 2 cars. Pretty comfortable and relaxing to drive when you take it easy and then open...
  57. R77DVR

Airbox mod good drop in filter

I have to agree. They ain't the best and the cone filters are crap too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  58. R77DVR

Airbox mod good drop in filter

I quite like KN ones myself. Had a few now over the years. Tried a pipercross once. Wasn't blown away with the quality of it. ITG was better but you pay the extra for it. Deffo say as a good all rounder the KN is a good option Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. R77DVR

EP3 Your opinion on this EP3

Shame. I've got a VXR as well for my turbo fix but the EP3 I've got is easily more fun with over 100 less BHP and nearly 200 less lbs of torque! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  60. R77DVR

EP3 Your opinion on this EP3

I'd say roughly 2500 too. I recently paid 2800 for one with 100,000 on the clock with decent history and mechanically pretty sound but bit tatty in places outside. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  61. R77DVR

Jacks/Tools EP3

Plus 1 for a Halfords pro set. The 150 or 170 piece (can't remember what I've got exactly) has enough kit in it for most jobs. A cheap torque wrench from Screwfix is handy as are axle stand and a low profile trolley jack to get under any low cars etc. Just build your collection up bit by bit...
  62. R77DVR

FK2 Piano Black Trim Chip and Scratch Repair?

If they unclip as easily as said above then I'd get them resprayed/repaired. It'll most likely be the most cost effective option but worth checking pricing on replacements in case as that would be easier in the long run Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  63. R77DVR

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

I went to look at a bronze pearl FN2 4 years ago. Beautiful colour and pretty rare. Never seen another one since [emoji1362] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  64. R77DVR

Lol, you aren't wrong mate. Filming one or 2 bits this weekend. One on the VXR and a short update on the EP3 Got some good features of some mates cars coming too. Another Astra but big build with 414 bhp, c63 AMG, Monaro VXR I'm hoping the quality will improve with more time spent editing...
  65. R77DVR

Epic [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  66. R77DVR

Hi mate. Glad you enjoyed it mate. Good to know it's not completely crap [emoji23] Yeah. Had to throw the mis shift in at the start. I try not to take myself too seriously [emoji23][emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  67. R77DVR

Deffo go to Spooner mate. I couldn't get a used rocker for any less than 70 quid delivered and then you got the cost of paint etc. Just made sense to go to him. Obviously add in another 25 quid for a new gasket and fresh bolts though [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  68. R77DVR

Millano red respray

I would think a more modern that a body shop will use will be better over the factory paint. Red is the more common to fade out most colours but I think you'd be ok tbh Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  69. R77DVR

My New Milano Red EP3

Yeah. Paul's a top bloke. I've seen some of his Plastidip handy work on a couple of cars he's had. Pretty good results tbf [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  70. R77DVR

My New Milano Red EP3

I know that company. A fella I know called Louis works there. He has a civic and they do a fair bit of Honda stuff I believe. Tbf Kev and the boys at Grays Service station don't recommend any one crap. They've pointed me in the direction of a few people I've used for stuff Sent from my...
  71. R77DVR

My New Milano Red EP3

Where you having the FRSU done Josh? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. R77DVR

Spooner Restorations mate. First class service and finish was superb on it. I'll be having him do one for my Astra VXR in due course hopefully. After looking at the cost of spare rockers on eBay it was a no brainer. Was 170 quid, he sends one out sprayed up and I returned mine once removed...
  73. R77DVR

FK2 Piano Black Trim Chip and Scratch Repair?

Rather than a smart repair I'd probably be minded to remove the parts, have them filled and repaired and completely resprayed. My mate had some "smart" work done on his Golf R recently and it was just terrible. 200 quid down the drain and another 200 quid down a proper shop to remove and respray...
  74. R77DVR

Millano red respray

I can only recommend sprayers in Essex and one in North London. My advice would be to search for proper Coachworks paint work shops who do crash damage and decent work. I would imagine that you could probably have it all done for circa 1500-2000 depending on how much prep needs to be done...
  75. R77DVR

Like many people I have thought about trying my hand at doing YouTube vids. I thought I'd post this up here as it's my first go and about this EP3 of mine. I intend on trying to do 2-3 videos a month for my Channel so if any mine fancies subscribing please do [emoji1360] I am only doing this...
  76. R77DVR

Plastic trim help

I'd try some all purpose cleaner on it and then maybe something like Angelwax Elixar or Autobrite Pink Sheen on it. Pink sheen is fantastic on interior plastics. Hands down my favourite interior dressing as it's not too dear, smells lovely and looks superb finish wise Sent from my iPhone...
  77. R77DVR

EP3 EP3 prices

I would say 4.5k. There is one for sale at the moment which is immaculate with similar mileage that's up for 5k Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  78. R77DVR

Brake Set-up for Track Days

One thing I can recommend is don't touch EBC yellow stuff. They are awful. Can vouch for braided lines and TYP200 though. Run those on my VXR and seems to cope with the stopping really well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  79. R77DVR

#2 Ep3

Very nice [emoji1360][emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  80. R77DVR

Had a few hours with the car today... Got stuck in on replacing the Rocker cover and then fitting my KN Typhoon. As you can see the bays not had much attention in its life and this is after I gave it a clean up when I got it....filth. Loving the KN!!!! Sent from my...
  81. R77DVR

EP3 Newbie - EP3 Type R questions! MPG? Gearboxes> Reliability.

I would keep your eye on piston heads mate. I couldn't see any worth going and having a look at on EBay and Autotrader. You just seem to get a better quality on pistonheads. Be patient the right one will come up Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  82. R77DVR

Ep3 replica mugen spoiler

I'd imagine the eBay ones will be cheap but in terms of ordering it already painted I haven't seen that and I'd always recommend buying it as it and having a proper body shop you trust prep it and paint it properly in decent paint that is as closely matched to your car as possible. Sent from...
  83. R77DVR

Message me on Instagram mate. I'll throw you all the links [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  84. R77DVR

Code reader for 2003 EP3

I've got the MS309 I believe but there's better ones now for similar money Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  85. R77DVR

Code reader for 2003 EP3

It's 20 odd quid if you want one from a uk seller. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  86. R77DVR

Code reader for 2003 EP3

If you want a cheap ready have a look on EBay for an Autel Maxiscan. Will be best 20 quid you ever spend Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  87. R77DVR

Got a date for my Clutch to be done so ordered some other bits at the same time! New Track Rod Ends and tie rods, new drop links all round, new oil filter as needs a refresh, new Eibach pro springs. Also had delivery of a spanking refurbed K20A Rocker cover to refresh the engine bay so got...
  88. R77DVR

Fault Code Reader

No bother. Sure you will be happy with it mate for ten notes [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  89. R77DVR

Fault Code Reader

Just seen the UK sellers are over 20 quid! Shame you used to be able to get one for 12 quid and was posted in a couple of days . Can't go wrong for the dosh though, mine has paid for its self time and time again in saved diagnostics charges from the local garage Really handy when buying cars...
  90. R77DVR

Fault Code Reader

If you want something cheap that is able to read and erase codes then the Autel Maxiscan can be had for about 11-13 quid posted on eBay. It's a handy bit of kit. Doesn't do live data but for general diagnosis and erasing codes it's great Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  91. R77DVR

FK8 Wheels for track days

Can't go wrong with Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  92. R77DVR

Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt - Recommended?

I've got one and so have some mates. They are really good for a quick wipe down to pick up crap but they aren't comparable to a clay bar in my opinion. I would say get a bilt hammer clay bar if doing the car its first time and use the mitt thereafter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  93. R77DVR

Car cleaning

A dual action polisher and good compound [emoji1360] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  94. R77DVR

Suspension Replacement parts/EP3 Lowering - most likely Coilovers

I have the B14s on the Astra which I'd have again but damn they are expensive on the EP3. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  95. R77DVR

Not the Brake company. They are a sister brand of KW I believe and I've had to scrap the idea as I don't believe they sell them for the EP3....damn.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  96. R77DVR

Thanks Lewis. I don't plan only Lowering it over 25-30mm. I want to improve it's overall game in terms of handling and looks ideally. Hopefully that won't be too bad and mean I can get away with changing very little Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  97. R77DVR

Car passed it's MOT the other day. Couple of advisories.... Corroded spring and track rod end has play in it. I have plans to now, replace lots of bits suspension and steering wise when the car has its clutch done. New track rod ends, new spring although bearing in mind the mileage most...
  98. R77DVR

Hi mate. Funnily enough I have a Bilstein B14 kit on my Astra VXR which is awesome but for the Astra they are only 615 quid versus nearly a grand on the EP3 This motor More of a budget build but without adding stuff that is too crap hence the choice of the APs. That's good to know that you've...
  99. R77DVR

Hey chaps, I could really use some advice from you experienced EP3/Type R Pros[emoji1360] I always try and search google and forums before posting but I'm just as confused as when I started looking. My EP3 is on 101k At present it handles pretty well as I've got adjustable RCA's and Eibach...
  100. R77DVR

Engine Carbon Clean

Two words.... Don't bother Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back