• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Guys is it just over 5ltrs needed for a change so 6 litres in total?
  2. F

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Just an update on my earlier key issue, turns out the problem was just one of the small metal prongs that tips the side of the battery wasnt touching with it in place, nudge of a small screwdriver and problem solved! Up next though I'm now out of warranty and not paying the stealer for an oil...
  3. F

Yep new as in just bought, I also tried a third from the stash :) and no joy either I've 2 months warranty left so will see if the stealer will do a replacement if its just gone dodgy for an unknown reason
  4. F

When you replace a battery in the keyfob is there any pairing that needs to be done? Icon was showing on the dash for low power on the key, I switched the battery with a brand new duracell and Nada, tried a second battery and again nothing. Theres no little red led flashing on the fob when...
  5. F

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

Are you sure on that or are we both mixed up? Looking at video's of an exhaust swop, it looks like the remus goes to just before the front crossmember, you then need their separate front pipe that goes forward to the cat convertor (or as the yanks say, downpipe) I'm in Ireland
  6. F

Thanks for the info guys, still torn which way to go, its hard finding Rolling Road tuning for either option over this side of the pond so likelihood is ill need a remote tune but good to know its available for both. I think I'm set on the remus exhaust either ways, but just to confirm does the...
  7. F

How's the car going since your tune Bazza? I'm starting to ponder mod's now having ruled out jumping ship and warranty just up. Having a good read of the US forums and seem to be swaying towards hondata, although I see you mentioned you should have maby went Ktuner? @FaNtheMaN are your running...
  8. F

What did you do to your Type R today?

I find the headunit and android auto pants and forever giving hassle with spotify ect so rather the phone instead, here's what Im looking for https://www.amazon.com/Holder-Adjustable-Dashboard-Samsung-Smartphone/dp/B07MXV6K1S Although they all seem to be on LHD models and I dont think the...
  9. F

Guy's, Im not sure if someone posted it before but what are people using as a phone mount in the FK8? I've seen some solutions from the US that seem to be LHD orientated (mount that sits over the hazard button, mount on the side of gearstick) But not anything specific to RHD that isnt just a...
  10. F

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

Interesting to hear about the reliability on the Merc I thought they were bulletproof. Also does anyone know what the WLPT emissions figure is on the FK8 facelift? From what i can see it was 178g (but this may have been nedc figure) Pistonheads had it as 193g, if the latter is correct its...
  11. F

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

So at least its not just Honda UK being greedy, the yanks must be where the money is at for them these days. Let us know what you think of the A35, there's one after popping up here locally in a dealers too, cost is about €17k euro more than an FK8 though!
  12. F

Does anyone know if the facelift is being snapped up in the UK? I was thinking of jumping ship to the Merc A45, but the price is absolutely horrendous over here, A35 is also very pricey and I dont know if I can justify it with slightly less bhp in comparison to the FK8. Anyhow I put out the...
  13. F

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

X2 on this, I can't seem to find any videos or comments / reviews on the interior sound so would love some feedback, indecently have dealers in the UK started stocking the face-lift of yet or has covid shagged it for the moment?
  14. F

Have any of you guy's in the UK gotten a whiff of when the facelift is due to land there? IIRC your reg system is March and September, historically do they tend to launch around a new reg plate?
  15. F

So were none the wiser either ways. I asked a dealer over here in Ireland had he had any info on a facelift and he was in the dark, although when it came to originally buying the FK8 I knew about it before he did, so thats not saying much. I've had a horn for the CLA45 AMGs and just got pricing...
  16. F

Living under a rock at the moment, but any more rumours of a facelift on the way in 2020? Wonder will it be just that or a final edition with some more poke. Also what are the chances of it being the last type r model due to all these shitty emission controls, or perhaps will the next one be...
  17. F

Have you seen this one below with the new bumper? https://www.civicx.com/threads/face-lift-type-r-spotted-check-out-the-pic-what-do-you-think.40381/?fbclid=IwAR3bJ82APe2egwhU-sFIFc88Fu2bXeYV3O3dHT8NzYYiGmJPN3c0XyAicbg Not sure whats up with the spoiler on it though. I'm waiting on a price...
  18. F

Wonder when the facelift model is due to drop, I thought it might have been launched in the UK for the new registrations but the likelyhood is the US is where they are making their money so will leave it till late 19/ early 2020, would love to see a power boost rather than just new front and...
  19. F

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

Anyone else had any gearbox issues of late? My own has me confused. I'm on about 2500miles at the moment and don't know if I'm being paranoid or if there is an issue. I've had a lockout a couple of times but notice the gear changes below 3000rpm feel notchy and crunchy and not smooth, although...
  20. F

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

Yeah makes you wonder, never had an issue with them in my fk2 at all. Once the winter kicks in more people might see it popping up, again it's worth pointing out to a dealer as there's a definite issue there. I've been told aswell there's a fix on the way for the type r, if I hear anymore from...
  21. F

Cleaning it made no difference to me, it's when it's raining it shows as object approaching despite there being nothing around. The standard models had the same issue and honda released a modified grill to solve it on them once enough people kicked up a fuss, problem lies with the sensor...
  22. F

Anyone else had any joy with a dealer at present? Have mine booked in for sensors going banannas when it rains along with a notchy box but expecting the head scratching with the sensors
  23. F

It's happened on my own and had same issue with another 10th gen in the family. It's a common issue with the sensor placement on the front grill and they normally swop it out to fix the problem, but chances are there's not a modified grill available yet for the type r so it's a headscratch...
  24. F

The Australians have some horn for those i30N's, any video I've seen on youtube about them they go on as if they are the best thing since sliced bread, all reviews smell of paid promotion though
  25. F

FK8 Aftermarket wheels

Definitely needs lowering if going 18, although regarding warranty I'd be wary, I'm also on the fence with the itch to change, would really like to go balls out with mods but have had a couple of ropey gear changes and lockouts so no chance am I doing anything that could jeprodise warranty if it...
  26. F

I don't doubt the quality on the mugen stuff without doubt it's top notch, but crazy prices for the fk8 bits. In saying that I wonder how other manufacturers top end tuning parts compare, maby dotty can chip In when he gets the m2 as no doubt he'll have the modding itch
  27. F

With you on that one, I find it cool rather than cold. I find it takes awhile on full whack before things become comfortable but definitely doesn't feel as cold as some other cars I've used AC in
  28. F

What's putting me off the M2 is lack of rear doors, which would mean a bump up to M3 territory
  29. F

I've found myself having "the itch" the past few day's with my FK8, even though I've only had it a few month's and cant really fault it, but I think i'd just like something with a bit more power out of the box and maby up on the comfort scales. Before getting the FK8 I had been interested in an...
  30. F

FK8 A45 to 440i to Type R GT

^^^ This! I also fancied an A45 but they are near non existent over here. I did speak to another owner though who said it was a somewhat boring car to drive despite the power. I'm with you on the extra power in the FK8 too, I think it just need's a little bit more oomph and I'd have no...
  31. F

I think you're on the ball with that line up, I've had the same cars myself plus a couple of other type Rs, e.g. dc2,ek9, cl7 accord so would add them in but the top 4 I wouldn't change, yet people seem to still give hate to the fk8 over its looks and say it's not a real type r due to not being...
  32. F

I see a few eventuris now out in the wild, anyone on here with one care to give a little review of it?
  33. F

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

My concerns are similar to raftyper, I don't do big mileage, I'm on 1500 since getting the car in February, but I've got some notchiness across 2/3/4 gear recently and gear changes arenet as smooth, ive had one occasion when I had a lock out of 4th too. I don't drive the car too hard either so...
  34. F

FK8 Aftermarket wheels

Best thing about the stock wheels is there easy to touch up when you eventually scratch them! I know you d probably shed a tear curbing a volk but at least you might get a tyre on with better rim protection. I'm of a similar mindset to you though, team dynamics doesn't float my boat and nothing...
  35. F

Yeah the Americans are really starting to go for it now, it's good in a way not being the guinea pigs for once with parts and tuning ECT but I'm still hesitant what with honda being awkward this side of the pond as dweezle has mentioned above, although the likes of an exhaust or intake arent the...
  36. F

FK8 Aftermarket wheels

So, anyone gone aftermarket of yet? I'd really like a set of bronze volk ce28s, but max size being 18s is putting me off, I think they may look too small on the car unless it's lowered. Ideally would have liked 19 but for the price of the volks I don't wanna go 18 and then kick myself once there...
  37. F

Have we anyone on here yet who's gone to town with mods and Hondata or Ktuner? I feel past the honeymoon period now and the cars starting to feel not as fast, always happens me and then I get the itchy fingers, but the warranty side of things are holding me back at the moment.
  38. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Wonder is the clip of a decatted car as it seems loud, question now is if the remus is worth the 500odd extra for the use of the sound controller. Incedently can you control the remus valve any other way or do you have to buy the electrical setup that they offer
  39. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Yep can't justify the price on the GR exhaust given what it could come in at, martellius pricing due this week which will probably be sub 1k, just want to hear some good clips of it, if it sounds too much like a diesel then I think it's the remus for me
  40. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

So 2178 per piece shipped with 3 in? As above though Vat and duty is likely to be a factor too which could push that even further, when you compare to buying local options is it worth the premium
  41. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

X2 on that, Im ready to pull the trigger on something at the minute, waiting to hear the finished martelius though without decat like the instagram post before jumping though.
  42. F

FK8 GT Hifi - poor bass (generally poor sound)

In the same boat here, I really miss having some bass compared to other car's I've owned. In the states a lot of them have kept the stock sub enclosure but changed the sub out, which would be handy enough if we got it to begin with. I'd like a system similar to stock stealth style but looks like...
  43. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I think whats off putting on the HKS as nice as it looks is the gaps either side, If the 2 pipes were bigger/filled the space a bit more I think it would have been perfect. Greddy's is kind of the same expect it has a gap in the middle that makes it look like a gummy mouth missing a tooth...
  44. F

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I have the itch to change exhaust myself even though I'm only on about 1k on the clock, the stock exhaust sound just doesn't match the looks imo. I was swaying towards the remus given the flexibility with the valve, HKS above looks well but I prefer the 3 pipes I think, martellious on the fk2...
  45. F

FK8 Internet functionality with HU display

Having awful hassle trying to connect my galaxy s8 as a hotspot to the unit, it can see the phone but when you try connect it comes back with an error that it can't,
  46. F

FK8 Replacing orange side market bulbs

I think the orange looks naff, first day I got the car I switched them out for some white led's to match the headlights. 1 screw in the arch liner and you can get your hand in, the light piece clips out then. There's not much wire to play with so you need to unclip the bulb plug first but 5...
  47. F

There's none there to begin with! Only the US got the sub as standard
  48. F

Unsure if I'm blind or if it can't be done but I find the parking sensor beeps really low volume compared to the fk2, and with the radio up a bit there non existent for me. Has anyone seen a setting in the menus to increase the volume for this? On the subject of audio, like most factory jobs...
  49. F

FK8 Potential Group buy - intakes

Saw a short video earlier today of an FK8 in the states with the K&N fitted and there seemed to be bugger all noise compared to the FK2. Couple of points though, it was a short driving clip with 1 bit of a pull so i'd reserve judgement. Also the airbox location on the FK2 being closer to the...
  50. F

They told me they expect stock in the next 8 weeks, one of the dealers might pick up on it and have a cheaper price than their website as I've found to be the case in the past, but still gotta wait till stock arrives. I had one in the FK2 and it was a happy medium as opposed to the price of an...
  51. F

The K&N is a panel drop in filter, its not exposed. The part number I see mentioned is 33-5070, it's a different number to the FK2 part number, who wants to be the Guinea pig :)
  52. F

I thought I saw a post on facebook over the weekend showing a K&N filter listing for the FK8, it definitely wasn't the part number that I've seen before mentioned for the FK2, i'll have to try dig out the post but this may be an option if it's predominantly the sound your after. I had the K&N on...
  53. F

As above I'd be interested but would really like to get some feedback from a euro owner on one, as the yanks are going bananas at the moment after the vitviper dyno session, he's basically blasted them all which as above isn't fair as he's only tested 1, but I'd like to see the other 2 with some...
  54. F

I'd say it will become possible with the likes of Hondata ect, apparently steering and suspension is linked via the BCM so you cant have say comfort steering with +R suspension, but you should be able to have the other +R settings in the other modes. Its a pity its not more user customise-able...
  55. F

Any of you guys see on Facebook today all the rabble about the dyno testing done by vit tuned with stock intake and injen, the basic consensus being that no other intake eg mishi or eventuri is going to make more power than stock, that they're all a waste of money. Granted he has only run the...
  56. F

Isn't that the FK2 version or are they the exact same in size?
  57. F

Didn't know there was a k&n out yet for the fk8 do you have the p/n?
  58. F

Is that 100%? If so and there's no chassis number available then there's a likelihood that the build hasn't even commenced, if this is the case i'll be a bit peeved at the dealer. They are quick to take your money to begin with but stuff like this get's up my goat!
  59. F

This has me wondering now, how long does a build actually take? If the car was to be built in December aswell how long before if gets a chassis number? If I can get some ammo to fire at the dealer when I call them that'd be helpful, as if it's supposedly built but no chassis number I'd wonder if...
  60. F

I went with red myself. I'll chase the dealer down again next week but normally how long should you be waiting for delivery once a chassis number is available/the car is built?
  61. F

Interested to know if there is a delay. I ordered one in October, told build was in December for January delivery. Now the dealer is doing some dodging and "waiting for update from Honda with the chassis number". I thought they couldn't give them away before christmas, and now there seem's to be...
  62. F

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Anyone have the kit fitted to a 10th gen able to tell me if the light stays on once the car is running like the oem kit or is it just on and off with the doors when they unlock/open?
  63. F

Afaik they don't, I'm sure I saw someone before complaining of the opposite, that their last car had it and they missed it on the civic
  64. F

FK8 Extra security

Clifford has a canbus upgrade alarm that's also worth a mention as the stock alarm is pants from a noise point of view. The Clifford works off your current fob, but adds a shock sensor which the factory alarm doesnt have and a louder battery backup siren. You can also add on a proxy sensor too...
  65. F

Waiting on a red one myself coming from an FK2, not too worried about the concern's on civx at the moment, the rev match issue is down the wiring loom plug, so no biggie. Couple of owners complaining about grinding gears, I's bet some of that is down to their driving style. I've a couple of...
Back